P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Warning disbanded
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Krusher

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thrashbeast wrote:
The_Elite wrote:
thrashbeast wrote:
Totally emo garbage that you would expect to find on a Tori Amos song.

Don't disrespect the Amos Evil or Very Mad

Sorry, man. For some reason, she was the first person that popped into me head. You know what I'm talking about. Whiny, sappy stuff...

Morbid69 wrote:
Oh ok

Thergothon fan?

It's like saying Sarcofago arent black metal, necrovore arent death metal, and allllll in between

No, it's totally different. Sarcofago sounds like black metal. Necrovore sounds like death metal. Pentagram sounds like hard rock hippy music that was more about drugs and cheap thrills than doom. The same goes for Sabbath, Vitus, Witchfinder General, and all that "true doom".

I really don't want to get in an argument about it. It's all about perception. I just don't happen to subscribe to any of the Rich Walker bullshit he feeds everyone. The same goes for everyone on the Hellride forums. I really could give a shit less about the doom metal forums, too. It's fucking childish. It's like the east coast, west coast rap wars.

But yeah, I love Thergothon. Very Happy

In a nutshell, you're not into real doom. Just the shitty "halfbreeds".

R. Walker is the biggest retard ever, but still.
The Krusher

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FuneralCircle wrote:
Nekrokunt_Usurper wrote:
Emo!? EMO!!!!???

Why just because something has emotional lyrics does it qualify as emo? By that logic 'Fade to Black' and 'Beyond the Realms of Death' are 'emo' heavy metal songs. Perhaps we should call Black Sabbath's song 'Changes' a proto emo song using this logic too. After all, each song has emotional lyrics which automatically qualifies them as 'emo'. Rolling Eyes

Because WARNING have lyrics about their high school hunnies, prom night disasters, make-up, and teenage angst. Or am I thinking of Witchfinder General? Whatever, it's all emo hippy stoner shit.

And black metal has lyrics about killing all christians. How retarded is that?

Warning were a GREAT fucking band, despite who was in the band or the content of the lyrics or anything. Warning's music are some of the best thing that have happened to doom metal, period.

If you want to talk about laughable garbage, then let's talk about black metal. Now that's plenty of material to laugh at.

Last edited by The Krusher on Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Morbid69

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's so funny about black metal? Warning is emo? This has gotten stupid.
The Krusher

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's funny about black metal? let's see:

the gay-ass makeup
supposed black metal supremacy (over what?)
we will kill all christians bullshit (but once they are off stage they go home to their christian parents/family)
how satanic forests and snow are
how misanthropic they are, yet they LOVE cameras and posing for them with their ridiculous makeup in the most retarded poses, which are supposed to be 'threatening', HAH
the "hate" they supposedly have that magically disappears once they get off stage and are super friendly to everyone

do I have to keep going?
Morbid69

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah .... so maybe i'm right to say death metal is stupid because of the slam guitar riffs and pointless gore lyrics?

That would be ignorant, wouldn't it?

Every genre has idiots and trends which blow.

And whats this got to do with warning?
The Krusher

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warning is one of the greatest doom metal bands I know. I have absolutely nothing against Warning as a band.

Having fans of faggots in makeup, making fun of real metal bands just made me want to rant I guess.
The Krusher

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morbid69 wrote:
Yeah .... so maybe i'm right to say death metal is stupid because of the slam guitar riffs and pointless gore lyrics?

You're right actually. Most, if not all, of those gore death metal / deathgrind bands suck hard. Autopsy is one exception, because they rule.

For those with taste there's always Pestilence, old Sinister, Incantation, old Morbid Angel, Atomic Aggressor, Miasma, Entombed, and shitloads more.
Pestkrieg

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tobias wrote:
I think the emo comparison comes not from the content of the lyrics, but the content combined with the over the top emotional delivery.

But again, I don't think this discredits the band at all, in fact it works wonders in this case.

and I think Sabbath's Changes is a perfect comparison.

I agree with the first part, but Changes is a complete piece of drippy pop rock shite.
Hellfire Commando

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pestkrieg wrote:
Tobias wrote:
I think the emo comparison comes not from the content of the lyrics, but the content combined with the over the top emotional delivery.

But again, I don't think this discredits the band at all, in fact it works wonders in this case.

and I think Sabbath's Changes is a perfect comparison.

I agree with the first part, but Changes is a complete piece of drippy pop rock shite.

Haha yeah... I know... I still know it by heart though.
FuneralCircle

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thrashbeast, you're very silly. What does your opinion of R. Walker have to do with anything? Saint Vitus is Doom. Witchfinder General is Doom. You, though, have no idea what you're talking about.

Go play with your Thergothon in the sandbox, we'll all get ripped and listen to our hippy stuff. Cheers...

By the way, what's your take on Black Sabbath? Hippy junky heavy blues?
nexxxion

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FuneralCircle wrote:
By the way, what's your take on Black Sabbath? Hippy junky heavy blues?

well, according to that picture...

thrashbeast

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why has this thread suddenly become focused on me instead of Warning? You guys might as well save it. Like I said, I'm not going to get in a tired doom discussion about which bands are true, what the definition of a certain genre is, etc. I already stated my opinion.

You have as much a chance of convincing me that all that traditional doom hippy crap is good music worth listening to as you do convincing Yosuke that the emo retard singing in Warning isn't really Shakira.
FuneralCircle

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know, but starting a huge fuss and then saying you don't want to hear any retorts is a good way of making yourself look like a dolt. Just don't say anything at all if you don't want to hear any fucking answers... from us all hippies...

Emo retard singer? I don't think nasally vocals sit too well among those teenage emo rock fans.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: