P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Why are black metal fans such elitist assholes?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
W. Helm

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deafheaven or Liturgy arenīt seen as black metal by the majority of the genreīs fans.
I donīt understand why itīs of such importance to these types of people to try and change that.
The justification of listening to extrme music with extreme ideologies is a possible reason.
Acceptance is another, going by the bar scene in the article. Yeah those people were assholes but take it like a man and stop crying about it.
These people lack pride and dignity.
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is because some humans are okay with being the wolf, alone, or in small packs, and so many others are the sheep who are continuously unsure and almost always completely afraid and ready to drop deuce at any moment.

You have a motorcycle... you cannot ride a mile without a hundred other fucks you never met all waving from across the lanes, cause you ride, they ride, holy shit... you must be fucking best friends.

Jeep and Mustang owners are the same. ...guess now it is metal's turn.

Too bad the precedent set by Varg and Snorre W. Ruch wasn't the one that caught on in black metal... if it had things like Deafheven or Litgurgy would have long been over before it even began.
bearsbearsbears

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why are hipster trend-hopping outsiders currently so attracted to, and concerned with the goings on in black metal?

Check out my sale-thread HERE! (Updated 4/27/19)
W. Helm

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:
You have a motorcycle... you cannot ride a mile without a hundred other fucks you never met all waving from across the lanes, cause you ride, they ride, holy shit... you must be fucking best friends.

I saw this happen in my hometown. A local hardcore scene big shot rode his motorcycle and waved to two hairy bikers riding along.
They laughed in his face and he turned all grumpy and began mumbling.
He got knocked off his high horse pretty hard. That was great to witness.
abarlum

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The black metal aesthetic is edgy and underground. hipsters want to like things nobody else does. It's pretty unsurprising (though endlessly frustrating) that hip post rock free range granola eaters would want'street cred' for liking something like black metal without actually liking anything as'dangerous' as actual black metal.

It's probably a matter of time before they get bored and move onto something else, and this can't come soon enough. I wonder what's next, maybe power electronics? Smile
wirelessdarkness

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And here I thought I was going to get another chance to make fun of Kim Kelly. Embarassed
214N10
banned

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

W. Helm wrote:
Deafheaven or Liturgy arenīt seen as black metal by the

never checked these bands before and have no urge to do. i believe in majority when USBM bands are slaughtered for being anything else but far from black metal tone/image/values but labeling themselves as BM. all i do is to check metal archives bandpic to see they look either like hipsters or like thrash metal musicians and is enough to put me off to even give a try. can't name 10 BM bands from there that is a pleasure to listen but around 6, from which 2 are of mexican origin...
in heavy/thrash though they had and still have things to say but BM was altered by different approach than the rest of the world, most mimicking its original sound, adding too much melody cheese/avantgarde elements/over the top modern sound to what should be called blackcore.

Last edited by 214N10 on Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:15 am; edited 1 time in total
bearsbearsbears

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

abarlum wrote:
It's probably a matter of time before they get bored and move onto something else, and this can't come soon enough. I wonder what's next, maybe power electronics? Smile

I think you may be right. I can't wait to read the articles on cvltnation in a year: "The amount of power electronics artists who espouse violent, extreme right views is frightening", or perhaps "Power Electronics: The sounds of cis-het white male privilege" featured on Vice. These articles write themselves really.

Check out my sale-thread HERE! (Updated 4/27/19)
holy ghost

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've read this article before here, but this guys tone is so irksome. All I was trying to do was have a conversation...

At the very least, it at least gives the impression to fucking tourists that you are not fucking welcome.....
DIVERGENTSERIES

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ave/hailz ye soldiers ov thee undverworld!

To defend yourselves, follow:

-Organize! Circle that A for antichrist!
-Listen to all Noisey endorsed bands to educate
yourself about the bad stuff that sucks
-Tell Hillary and Obama to eat 14/88 cocks in hell
-Stop listening to poser shit so you don't look like
an ass sucking latte enema having hipster
-Don't move to New York
-Surf the web rapaciously for deathmetal.org academic articles/tits
to help buttress your points
-Support the truth and make infographik pamphlets.
-Randomly debate a deafheaven dude and then steal his drugs
-Write a research treatise counterargument to HHH
-Work at Noisy and subvert! Fuck the Police!
-Stop being under 35
-Stay underground as fuck while drinking a beer and posting to the "vinyl scores" thread

After such a loud shitting in own pants it would be wise to disappear forever.

"Bez práce nejsou koláče."
AK

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All genres and aesthetics aside Deafheaven is still just an awful shit band.
Attic Snake

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Faggots ruined the rainbow, crystal meth, and are now trying to co-opt Black Metal.
Onge Bakstra

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Subcide wrote:
Onge Bakstra wrote:
Is that the article where the guy cries about being laughed out of a bar for liking Deafheaven? Top banter.

They do suck. At least wouldn't so much if they actually had vocals that matched the music. Something that sounded like Robert Smith from the Cure or Morresy or something

Regardless from whether they suck (they do, tremendously so), it's pathetic that someone would dedicate an entire whiney article about how a few random people in a bar disliked a band he liked. If I had to write a whiney editorial everytime someone on here said something nasty about Peste Noire, I wouldn't even have time left to go to the shitter.

That's the thing with hipsters: they want to like what nobody else likes, yet they constantly need others to validate their opinions.
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Validation of personal existence is something this entirely grossly pathetic society has allowed to flourish like a cancer.

There was a time you did what you did to survive with zero concern of anothers opinion on the matter. Now people have all this time to whine and cry and desire the validation and acceptance of those who do not care? Makes no sense what so ever.

I can only chalk it up to a modern day weakness. The entire land is chalk full of fairies and it shows.
Attic Snake

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Comment section is even worse than the article. Why do people read Vice again? It's honestly only for people into what is "hip" at this very moment and for that just sit down with your girl for a few minutes while she watches E!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to: