P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Anyone interested in using this guys artwork?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Primitivehatemagick

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:15 pm    Post subject: Anyone interested in using this guys artwork? Reply with quote

This is a drawing done by a friend of mine. I basically told him to draw something on my wall relating to a nun being killed or raped or some shit, and given a sharpie pen and about 45 minutes to an hour, this is what he came up with.

I'm not sure whether or not he can paint but the guy can draw like a fucking maniac!! He's a metalhead and would love for someone to use his art on a black, thrash or death metal album/demo or have his work in liner notes, anything like that. Unlike alot of artists doing this, he can do whatever you ask him to! So if you're not into semi-childish drawings of mutilated nuns (my personal favorite, fucking nuns! Very Happy ) just let him know what you want in the picture and he'll whip out a drawing for you. HE DOESN'T WANT ANY MONEY, just to help out fellow metal maniacs!!!!

If anyone's interested just reply to this thread or drop me a PM.

trade/sale/wantlist
http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=96528#96528
Mordbrann

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

best part is the dripping mascara!

Mordbrann 001: Beneath (ISL) - Hollow Empty Void
Good traders: Wrathorn [3], headnhalf, addison, leizla
Primitivehatemagick

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha yeah, I love this picture. I'd use his stuff for my album art if I had a band Sad

trade/sale/wantlist
Nekrokunt_Usurper

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks a bit amateurish to me and there are so many artists doing similar stuff. If you have any other artworks by the same guy I might be able to make a better assessment.

Not really so much 'cause I'd neccessarily need to use him (I'm an art student) but more to just get a better impression of his work and maybe increase my estimation of him.

However I can tell he can get proportions about right, though the lower arm is a bit short and the hands way too small. The head might be a bit big as well. The torso and the breasts and upper arm are about right. Potential there but needs work.

I'd suggest he invest in something like this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Anatomy-Artist-Sarah-Simblet/dp/0751334413/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1252494299&sr=1-1
Disgusting

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like it
Szatan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice drawing, except for the hair, it looks kinda stupid. Any idea if he'd be interested in making some artwork for noise stuff?
Netjajev

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome!
Haveri would be really interested in getting some artwork for the new release.
decimator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The arms and the hands could use a few tweaks. It great for what it is, a 45 minute work with only a sharpie and no reference. Killer effort!

Trade/Sale References: IXTAB, Unholy Horde, Kakarot SS5, DSS, Lohmarizer, CultofVomit
Nekrokunt_Usurper

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eyes and mouth could be bigger too, unless that adds to the charm...

I'll be honest, I prefer art that has taken some effort. I've done art without planning before and groan about it. Its ok if the band asks for something simplistic but when I was trying to do something good and it looks crap I am a bit non-plussed to say the least.

Also Szatan, want to say a little more about your noise project?
bornforburning

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nekrokunt_Usurper wrote:
Eyes and mouth could be bigger too, unless that adds to the charm...

I'll be honest, I prefer art that has taken some effort. I've done art without planning before and groan about it. Its ok if the band asks for something simplistic but when I was trying to do something good and it looks crap I am a bit non-plussed to say the least.

Also Szatan, want to say a little more about your noise project?

i think for something done with a marker, with no reference, and without a sketch its pretty fuckin good. it seems pretty useless to critique every inch of the image, especially if the person that drew it isn't even on this forum. we get it, you're an art student.
Primitivehatemagick

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad some of you like it.

@szatan send a PM with the details. Yeah, I'll ask about Haveri, send a PM with the details.

Regarding the proportion complaints, all that can be fixed, anyone interested can send a request, he'll come up with a pencil sketch and send it to you. While in pencil anything can be fixed until it's to your liking before it's inked. Basically you can watch the drawing progress and have him make any changes you need until it's what you want before it's finished.

I'll find out what we can do about materials; paint, felt-tip pens, pastels etc. for anyone that needs the drawings in a certain style.

The hair's not too easy to do with the materials he was given so he went for the easiest thing.

Thanks to all who are interested. Anyone not interested in using the artwork but reply about what should be changed, proportions beings incorrect or just calling this ametuer work - we're not interested.

Anyone else? Just reply or drop me a PM.

trade/sale/wantlist
Nekrokunt_Usurper

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Touche.

I'd say the same even if he posted here. I'm saying this in order to try and be helpful, not bitchy. Also I don't see why I should be among the hundreds of people who always say 'Brilliant' or 'amazing'. Creative criticism is just as important as encouragement.

I don't claim to be an amazing artist just because that is my area of study, but I see fault in this art as I do in my own. Sure not being 100% accurate adds charm to a piece of art, its not what I'm advocating.

Just appreciate that some of us don't share the same opinions as others. Appreciation of art is pretty subjective anyway. If you like it then fair enough, but some of us want to express a different opinion. Live with it.
Primitivehatemagick

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you guys keep this bullshit out of my thread? Nothing personal but this thread was not meant for your arguments or debate. Please try and keep this stuff out, thanks.

trade/sale/wantlist
ReichnRoll

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it a lot.

If you have anything else to post here, I'd gladly have a look to it.
Primitivehatemagick

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your interest.

I'll see what I can do, I've got some other stuff that he's done laying around my house (mainly just doodles he's drawn in a couple minutes) on lined paper in pencil. Most are unfinished.

I'll try and get more to post. Were you interested in using his stuff for albums/zines or any of that?

trade/sale/wantlist
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: