P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Do you have Insurance Coverage for your Record Collection
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hellhammer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gravesnatcher wrote:
The Insurance Company may believe and accept what you told them now as a value for the records but wait til you try and make a claim for your Leather Nunn LP that was burned in the fire and tell them "Oh that record was worth $1400.

I am fairly certain they will say BULLSHIT

Well you can keep ebay auctions, pricelists etc. as proof
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
noah thirteen

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've thought about it, especially since moving to my current place in a loft which has a big sprinkler system set up in case of fire (so they'll either get burned, or soaked, or both!!) and especially since they are doing some kind of work on the exterior and there's scaffolding set up right outside my window for any old jerk to climb up (thankfully I have a large German Shepherd to keep burglars at bay) but everyone I know who has lost there record collection has just decided to give up, I couldn't even imagine trying to replace all the old 7"s and stuff I have collected over the years, I would think it would be more important to just start re buying all the essentials on the most accessible way possible, I would rather start re acquiring the Bathory, Venom, Burzum and other stuff liek that than seek out the rarities again, it just wouldn't feel the same, you know what I'm saying?

Either way, insurance would help and I should have it for everything now that I am getting older and actually buying furniture and appliances myself, not just inheriting them from my parents when they throw out a couch or something.
Straxus

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Satan I donīt live in LA, too much fire up there, according the news, haha...

But in Lima, Peru, where I live, there is a lot of robbery (stolen houses)... My house has lot of keys and security, ha... Besides I never let my home alone, there is always someone inside it...

I would die of heart attack if my collection gets stolen...

Going to the question, no I don`t have a record insurance, in Peru very few people have insurance of any kind indeed, ha...

Many years ago a Death Metal shop was stolen here in Lima, tons of cds stolen there. People say it was one of the owners indeed!!!

A close friend got stolen a couple of years ago.... Many cds of his collection, a week later we find many of his cds at a secondhand market... We kept policemen, at the end the guy sold us the cds at a reduced price, alike the cd prices of NWN, hahaha...

peterott

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that thread reminds me highering my insurance level...

I got asked to sent a XLS-file with the complete collection and the value of the records (assuming a value of 2 Euros for most of this shit, but the rest has to be estimated quiet good).

I want to imagine the faces of the insurance company when they read through the titles of my collection...
Hellhammer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep in mind most insurances are degressive so keep it updated, make a ,,new'' list every year with current prices.

With this current old school death metal hype we have nowadays I get richer with the week Evil or Very Mad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Ichor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gravesnatcher wrote:
The Insurance Company may believe and accept what you told them now as a value for the records but wait til you try and make a claim for your Leather Nunn LP that was burned in the fire and tell them "Oh that record was worth $1400.

I am fairly certain they will say BULLSHIT

I agree 100%!!
Heirophant.326.AV

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a seperate sub-clause on my house insurance which covers both my record collection and my musical equipment. Its a bit more expensive, but it means that not only if the house burns down or gets robbed its all covered, but also that my musical gear is covered against theft or damage at gigs, rehersal, in the back of the car etc. Which makes a big difference - most of the time if the van gets ripped off, because the gear is out of the house you're not covered at all.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know how it is like in other countries but in Italy the chances of someone breaking in into your living room and steal Metal vinyls are below zero. You need to be a rather retarded thief if you're planning on getting rich with that kind of stuff.
IntoTheAbyss

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, just think if the theif have so much time I'm sure they also will clear the Metal collection too! They might sell em at flea market Laughing

House insurance is also another alternative (even the fee is fucking expensive!), but only if your house burnt or damaged. Nothing will replace the jewels like rare vinyls...My Japanese friend experienced this becuase his house got his by earthquake! Total disaster!!!!
snaps666

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's unlikely that a thief will take the vinyls, but be sure that all the cds will be gone. I had 80% of all my cds stolen about 6 years ago, they didn't touch the vinyls.

Some months later I found some of then i a 2nd hand store!!! The store owner was just a bastard when I told him, that they were stolen from my house, he didn't give a fuck...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IntoTheAbyss wrote:
Hey, just think if the theif have so much time I'm sure they also will clear the Metal collection too! They might sell em at flea market Laughing

Yeah sure, thieves are known for being devoted Metalheads with knowledge about original pressings and limited editions. No matter how much you love your records I can't see one reason in the world why someone would ever steal records instead of jewels/money.
IntoTheAbyss

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A pity it happened to you!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

snaps666 wrote:
The store owner was just a bastard when I told him, that they were stolen from my house, he didn't give a fuck...

And what did you expect him to do, give you back all the stuff for free? He most likely paid money for it so unless you have legal evidence for your own reasons there's nothing you can do about it.
snaps666

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LexTalionis wrote:
snaps666 wrote:
The store owner was just a bastard when I told him, that they were stolen from my house, he didn't give a fuck...

And what did you expect him to do, give you back all the stuff for free? He most likely paid money for it so unless you have legal evidence for your own reasons there's nothing you can do about it.

There's a law here in Denmark, that if you buy and sell 2nd hand music and movies, you must get ID proof from the seller, and keep records of the items, so the police can investigate theft. But most stores don't give a shit about it!

And when I got the stuff stolen, I went to all the 2nd hand stores with a list, and told them, if they got a big abount of metal cds in at a time, then it was most likely stolen from me - and I gave them my phonenumber, so they could call and double check, and then call the police if it was likely to be from my collection.

So the owner had every opportunity to help catch these bastards, but he didn't...
Nocturnal Deathstrike

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

snaps666 wrote:
LexTalionis wrote:
snaps666 wrote:

There's a law here in Denmark, that if you buy and sell 2nd hand music and movies, you must get ID proof from the seller, and keep records of the items, so the police can investigate theft. But most stores don't give a shit about it!

And when I got the stuff stolen, I went to all the 2nd hand stores with a list, and told them, if they got a big abount of metal cds in at a time, then it was most likely stolen from me - and I gave them my phonenumber, so they could call and double check, and then call the police if it was likely to be from my collection.

So the owner had every opportunity to help catch these bastards, but he didn't...

So itīs the police turn to investigate on him, isnīt it ??
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: