P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Local Label to reissue classic Punk & Metal on Vinyl onl
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
probert

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heres me at the end of my crusty days..

i used to have huuuuuuuge liberty spikes.

http://space.troo.net/radchic.jpg
TeethofSkull

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Pit Viper is an A Number One Class fucking drummer. I saw him kill shit in Superchrist and in the Meatmen in NYC in the same week ! Do the math people, he's also a CLASS A trim-magnet ! the leather bitches @ the Meatmen in NYC wanted MEAT !

but yeah "Machine Gun Etiquette" rules. the Damned did it all : they created the Hardcore Bassline Blueprint in "Love Song" and they turned Motorhead punk ! If I didn't have those records already, I'd be psyched, but I'm still psyched.

GROUND ZERO DUDE : are you from Omaha ? have you ever heard of the Des Moines HxC band "Double-You" circa early 80s ?

Last edited by TeethofSkull on Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
GROUND ZERO Entertainment

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm in Omaha...
I left Omaha in Fall 1981....
Went to Wichita, then DC, then Germany,
came back to Omaha in Fall 1986....
That name doesn't ring a bell?
www.red-sky-design.com/GZEmailorder.htm
Good Trades: NWN! / H.H.R. / No Sign Of Life / LIE IN RUINS / BLOOD HARVEST / Asphyxiate / Prof. BLACK / Axa Valaha / Bloody Prod. / SONIC TEMPLE / Kuravilu / Death Dealer
TeethofSkull

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GROUND ZERO Entertainment wrote:

That name doesn't ring a bell?

An old friend from Des Moines played guitar in DBL YOU. He was always talking about the midwest HxC scene which seemed to connect Wisconsin, Nebraska and Iowa, and other states via the Offenders, and other such brutal groups.

He moved to California at some point where I met him. He was wearing a Negative Approach shirt in my home-Suburban-town circa '86, and when i asked him about it, he freaked out - "no one has ever asked me about this shirt" - he ended up taping me rare and out of print hardcore. he has pretty much every fast hardcore record ever printed. He played me Tesco Vee's "other band" BLIGHT and showed me Big Black's rare axe-murder cover of Headache, complete with the black "autopsy" plastic sleeve. Crazy dude. He jammed Double You songs for me live in the bedroom on guitar! He played wicked fast with really thin picks. He had a sticker on his guitar case as evidence, but D-U never recorded.

Many of you might know him as Mike Sullivan aka Thrashead from flipside Mag. Last time I saw him was when Easy Action did about 7 NA covers in LA opening up for Sunno))). weird bill, eh? perhaps not really.

punk and metal and so forth . . .

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TEETH OF SKULL....

So the only Punk bands I can remember from the late 80s when I moved back to Omaha were: APATHY & R.A.F., so I googled them & guess what came up on Mike Homan's blog (read thru to the bottom):

Apathy & 1980's Omaha Punk Scene Reunion
Back in the 1980's I played bass for a punk band in Omaha named Apathy. We put out an LP called "Out the Window" in 1988 (Fat Bat Records). Apathy went on many regional tours, and one national one. It was the latter that proved to be the downfall, as there was a major falling out on the national tour between two members and we never played together again. The main lineup of Apathy included myself on bass, Seth Kirshman on vocals, Mark Blackman on drums, and my brother Jim Homan on guitar. In its earliest phases Tim Cox played drums and we had Doug Baldwin on rhythm guitar.

Here are a few of the songs off the "Out the Window" album:

My World
After You
Know I In Friend
Forever
Circus Circus
Out the Window
Falling
Six Feet Under

About a week ago I heard from some of the old legends of the Omaha punk scene that there was going to be an Omaha punk reunion concert on March 29th, 2008. After some soul searching I decided that I would be up for coming back to Omaha for this event. In many ways it's like I've lived two lives, one as a punk rocker in Omaha and another as a Theology professor in New Orleans. I put the bass away when I went to graduate school. But it's time to get it out of storage, and so I picked up the phone and called Mark, Jim, and Seth, and they all thought that an Apathy reunion would be pretty cool. So I emailed Tim Cox and now after 20 years, we'll be playing a set in Omaha in just over three months. Other bands playing include RAF, Cordial Spew, The Upsets, The Drunk Cambodian Landlords (A Dead Kennedys Cover Band), and maybe Double-You. The best part will be seeing some old friends that I haven't seen for so many years.

So there you go.... Very Happy
Good Trades: NWN! / H.H.R. / No Sign Of Life / LIE IN RUINS / BLOOD HARVEST / Asphyxiate / Prof. BLACK / Axa Valaha / Bloody Prod. / SONIC TEMPLE / Kuravilu / Death Dealer
TeethofSkull

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

right ! I couldn't remember if they were from Omaha or Des Moines. Mike Sullivan works @ Headline (i think) the punk record store in Hollywood last time I checked.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey man....

There are 2 live videos of them from that Omaha Punk Reunion show from 2008 on YOUTUBE....
ryan_the_snake

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GROUND ZERO Entertainment wrote:
As long as we're on a PUNK tangent...
Any fans of THE VIBRATORS on here?
When I still had my bar downtown, they used to come in when they were playing in town!
Coolest guys in a well - known band I've ever met...
we just sat around, talked, played darts & drank every time they were in town!
Cool guys & been doing it since like 1976 or so...
I have pictures buried somewhere... I'll have to look for them...

I like their music and I have heard nothing but great things about them as people too... a few years ago they were set to play a pretty big bar here in Santa Cruz but the show got shut down somehow that night. Instead of whining about it they packed their stuff up and played FOR FREE at a tiny dive bar across town. Real troopers!
CR99

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok what exploited is going to be reissued?
LorteBrian

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cant see why the world neets more motorhead and exploited reisusses
Nekrokunt_Usurper

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

probert wrote:
heres me at the end of my crusty days..

i used to have huuuuuuuge liberty spikes.

http://space.troo.net/radchic.jpg

Don't blame you for leaving, you look kind of bored, seeing how you're yawning and all...
probert

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

i could type out the lyrics i was yelling but that IS something to be embarrassed about! Smile

actually they werent all that bad for a dumb teenage crusty
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: