P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Question about Samael 'Ceremony of opposites' picture disc

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:18 pm    Post subject: Question about Samael 'Ceremony of opposites' picture disc Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure most copies around are bootlegs, this record was almost impossible to come by until 1999 then suddendly copies started to overflow the market and it seems like it can still be obtained for regular prices at some distros nowadays. I know for sure the very first press was limited tp 666 copies, is there anyone on this board who bought this picture disc when it was originally released (1994) and could provide detailed pics of his own copy?
masters_throne

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I cannot imagine that CM pressed only 666 copies. I got mine shortly after the release (I have seen them also together with CC & Desultory on their tour back than, KILLER), also bought CoO long-sleeve and got a free poster Wink

I think it was always easy to get that Picture Disc, especially in Germany.

= KILL I =
= KILL II =

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I took the info about the edition being limited to 666 from old catalogues like Hellion and HM mailorder (ger). I'm sure the Blood Ritual picture disc wasn't released at the same time as the cd/lp though, it wasn't until 2001 that it popped on lists.
masters_throne

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LexTalionis wrote:
Thanks. I took the info about the edition being limited to 666 from old catalogues like Hellion and HM mailorder (ger). I'm sure the Blood Ritual picture disc wasn't released at the same time as the cd/lp though, it wasn't until 2001 that it popped on lists.

I already got it from guy in 1997 and I am pretty sure he already got it in 1994. That was probably the time it has been released. I know for sure it has not been unleashed at the "real" release-date...

= KILL I =
= KILL II =

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you verify that? I'm almost 100% positive Blood Ritual wasn't released on picture disc in 1992. The first Century Media picture disc I'm aware of is probably Unleashed's 'Victory', or whatever their 4st album was called.
iron tyrant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got my copy of Blood Ritual pic disc in 1993/4, traded it away soon after. The regular vinyl was released at the same time as the cd, the pic disc a little bit later, but i can't tell when exactly.
masters_throne

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LexTalionis wrote:
Can you verify that? I'm almost 100% positive Blood Ritual wasn't released on picture disc in 1992. The first Century Media picture disc I'm aware of is probably Unleashed's 'Victory', or whatever their 4st album was called.

As I have told, "Blood Ritual" has not been released in 1992, but in 94. I think "Ceremony..." has been released together with the CD, but I am not sure yet. "Blood Ritual" came together with "Wildhoney" (Tiamat), maybe that Unleashed album and suchlike at the market. But I cannot remember exactly. It is a too long time ago. I have to check some older EMP mailorder-lists (as I bought my Samael stuff there back than), but that would take hours...

= KILL I =
= KILL II =
Lukcifer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Century Media also recently released a box set with all Samael albums on Pic. Disc, it's possible that they have also been selling them seperatly....
dronevil

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lukcifer wrote:
Century Media also recently released a box set with all Samael albums on Pic. Disc, it's possible that they have also been selling them seperatly....

that's what i wanted to say, but those pic discs dont have tracklist on them

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lukcifer wrote:

yeah I know but each of the picture lps in that set look way different than the first editions. It seems odd to me that CM pressed such a high number of pdk's and only a few (I guess around 500) regular black vinyls.
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also got all of my Samael pic disks before the boxset came out. I also bought that one.

Web: nwnprod.com

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: