P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Anybody like Portal?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
illomen

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive been listening to the new album today--mostly through headphones. this might be one of my favorite albums of the year. they are obviously being somewhat experimental in their approach to metal, a move which generally fails, but here i think it is highly successful. i may even prefer this album to seepia after a few more listens. its a noisy recording so the best way to fully grasp it is through headphone or exceedingly loud.
illomen

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bestial Aggressor wrote:
00100 wrote:
The production on the new record is somewhat mystifying but it adds to the depth of what they are doing in a certain sense. My initial thought was that I would like to have heard more blasting (or just more audible drumwork in general) on the new record, but it is growing on me.

For band that use such bizarre chords, rhythms and arrangements its easy to lose track of what's going on. I listened to the whole thing on headphones yesterday and the difference is pretty dramatic; the only way I can describe it is like having your brain vacuumed- really disorientating.

i didnt notice that bestial aggressor said very nearly the same thing a few posts back. cosigned on his post.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Portal is the real deal Sick Satanik Metal, ha ha i love that band, and their technics is really good, you can see how the guitarrist works on the whole guitar, and the high guitar notes sounds like cymbals! thats just fucked up, the way it has to be!!!!
TeethofSkull

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seepia is fuckin' BLEAK
i'd like to hear the demos.
must sound like pretty ponies frolicking thru the gimble
illomen

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

easily one of the best active metal bands right now and one of the only bands doing something different thats actually good.
Bestial Aggressor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

illomen wrote:
Bestial Aggressor wrote:
00100 wrote:
The production on the new record is somewhat mystifying but it adds to the depth of what they are doing in a certain sense. My initial thought was that I would like to have heard more blasting (or just more audible drumwork in general) on the new record, but it is growing on me.

For band that use such bizarre chords, rhythms and arrangements its easy to lose track of what's going on. I listened to the whole thing on headphones yesterday and the difference is pretty dramatic; the only way I can describe it is like having your brain vacuumed- really disorientating.

i didnt notice that bestial aggressor said very nearly the same thing a few posts back. cosigned on his post.

Heh, glad someone has shared the headphone horror experience! This really is a killer album, it gets better with each listen. Anyone know where you can get a Portal shirt?
illomen

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bestial Aggressor wrote:
illomen wrote:
Bestial Aggressor wrote:
00100 wrote:

Heh, glad someone has shared the headphone horror experience! This really is a killer album, it gets better with each listen. Anyone know where you can get a Portal shirt?

bump for one of the most deadly assaults of this year. seriously...as bestial agressor said, it gets better with every listen.

this is NOT my blog but this album is posted here:
http://metalholicer.blogspot.com/2007/09/portal-outre-2007.html
bmdk666

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

illomen wrote:
easily one of the best active metal bands right now and one of the only bands doing something different thats actually good.

Agreed. There are a lot of good bands out there right now, but there sure as hell aren't a lot of ORIGINAL bands out there. In fact there's hardly any.
Antichristhammerfist

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

illomen wrote:

i agree also. not many bands captivate my interest at all these days but these guys do...
horrificus

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bestial Aggressor wrote:
illomen wrote:
Bestial Aggressor wrote:
00100 wrote:

Cthulhu throne reprints are running low and a new Outre design is being planned.
Contact
http://www.portalabode.com/
CraiGORE

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy shit, listening to this band for the first time ever today and they're fucking AWESOME
Imposter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I first heard Portal a few weeks back, and I agree, sounds fucking awesome. I'd like both full lengths on LP.
Blood Of Von

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are wicked live! Black Mass!!

Angel16

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

edit

Last edited by Angel16 on Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Kapalika

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

horrificus wrote:

Cthulhu throne reprints are running low and a new Outre design is being planned.
Contact
http://www.portalabode.com/

Wasn´t a reprint of the initial Outre design planned?
Waiting for one in M...
The live pics look nothing but great btw.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: