P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

When packages goes missing.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheUnborn

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:43 am    Post subject: When packages goes missing. Reply with quote

What do you guys usually do when/if a package you are waiting for never arrives?

Quite possibly everyone on this forum orders music online from different distros/labels around the world many many times a year, like myself.
How many packages gets lost in the mail and ever shows up? 1 in 50, 1 in 100? Not more at least. Well, this has happened to a package
Yosuke has sent me 8 weeks ago. I have ordered from him many times, and everything has arrived in mint condition, so I know for a fact
that the package has been sent. Every package arrives after 1 week more or less when sent from NWN!, which is brilliant.

But since the packages sent from NWN! are in fact traceable, even though Yosuke doesn't give out the number since it's alot of extra work
when sending around 40-50 parcels at a time, I understand that perfectly, maybe it would be an idea to create a policy that customers who
have waited at least 7-8 weeks on a package that normally takes 1 week to arrive, gets their trackingnumber?
It's just an idea. I don't know how many cases you've got with lost packages in a year Yosuke, but I can imagine it's not too many, the postal
service is quite good in this day and age, at least on getting the package to it's destination. So it fortunately wouldn't be giving out
trackingnumbers to every person who orders from NWN!.

I'm sure everyone can relate to the fact that it's fucking frustrating not to know where a package with a bunch of LPs have gone off to.

Anyway, this is not a thread about bashing NWN!, just a thought on how to improve customerservice in those rare cases where parcels
goes missing.

Does anyone agree, or should I just fuck the hell off?
Primitivehatemagick

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuck the hell off!!!

Just kidding Cool

trade/sale/wantlist
http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=96528#96528
TheUnborn

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Primitivehatemagick wrote:
Fuck the hell off!!!
Just kidding Cool

Hehe, sounds fair enough I guess.
It's probably Fenriz at the norwegian postal system who has stolen the package, that damn Nagel!
20 Buck Spin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's only a tracking number if it was registered. Otherwise it's just out there floating around.
Kakarot SS5

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

20 Buck Spin wrote:
There's only a tracking number if it was registered. Otherwise it's just out there floating around.

The last pack I lost was one with some Ozzy & Toli LPs & few tapes I still praying to the Lord to have them here... Crying or Very sad

Trade/Sale:
http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=40729
TheUnborn

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

20 Buck Spin wrote:

Sure thing, every package I get from NWN! has the "Customs Declaration & Dispatch Note" on it, and on that note is the trackingnumber.
I don't know if that is normal when sending packages within the US, maybe only when sending to foreign countries.
TheLastWound

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This truly sucks. Only happened to me once although. But I totally freaked out. Really shitty.
20 Buck Spin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheUnborn wrote:
20 Buck Spin wrote:

Sure thing, every package I get from NWN! has the "Customs Declaration & Dispatch Note" on it, and on that note is the trackingnumber.
I don't know if that is normal when sending packages within the US, maybe only when sending to foreign countries.

That's not a tracking number my friend. It's just a package ID number and is basically useless. You can't track based on that number. I run a mailorder as well so believe me, I know the difference. Calling the post office here with that number will get you pretty much nowhere. There ain't much to be done unfortunately.
nonwave

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if a package sent from the US to most foreign countries weighs over 4 pounds (or something like that), it's automatically insured and trackable, so, the question is . . . how much stuff did you order?
morbid palace

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

happend to me twice at it's fucking anoying, the only thing you can do if itīs not registered it to hope that seller wants to give you a refound.
TheUnborn

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

20 Buck Spin wrote:
TheUnborn wrote:
20 Buck Spin wrote:

That's not a tracking number my friend. It's just a package ID number and is basically useless. You can't track based on that number. I run a mailorder as well so believe me, I know the difference. Calling the post office here with that number will get you pretty much nowhere. There ain't much to be done unfortunately.

Useless? It's the number you use at for example www.stamps.com to trace packages. You know, CP83782157US. It's just below the bar code on the dispatch and works perfectly for tracing packages.
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't say perfect. It only tells you where it was scanned last. It's also not something that the Norwegian postal system can use to track the parcel as it's not a registeration number.

Like I said over email, I can't do anything until the parcel comes back to me.

Web: nwnprod.com

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

TheUnborn

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nonwave wrote:
if a package sent from the US to most foreign countries weighs over 4 pounds (or something like that), it's automatically insured and trackable, so, the question is . . . how much stuff did you order?

Several hundred dollars, including the Mystifier box and some other Lps/Cds.

morbid palace: No a refund from Yosuke is not an alternative for me, he has sent the package like he should, so it's not his fault at all. The blame should be directed at the ones who is currently holding on to the package for some reason.
TheUnborn

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NWN PROD wrote:
I wouldn't say perfect. It only tells you where it was scanned last. It's also not something that the Norwegian postal system can use to track the parcel as it's not a registeration number.

Like I said over email, I can't do anything until the parcel comes back to me.

Well it does help me find the current location of the package, since the customs won't do shit without it unfortunately. Would be nice to know if it has arrived in Norway or not, you know.
Does parcels ever get returned to you?
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you are shit out of luck in that case.

Web: nwnprod.com

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: