P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

Horning In: The Feminist Case for Metal
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Conservationist
banned


Joined: 25 Feb 2009
Posts: 2909

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:17 am    Post subject: Horning In: The Feminist Case for Metal Reply with quote

Bitch, a feminist magazine, published the article "Horning In -- The case for feminist metal" in their fall 2008 issue. It talks about famous women in metal and why women should play metal, as well as the parts of metal that are pro-feminist.

Horning In: The Feminist Case for Metal (Download, 8mb, JPG)
_________________
DEATH METAL UNDERGROUND


Last edited by Conservationist on Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:25 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
blodhemn9



Joined: 12 Aug 2009
Posts: 5116
Location: Chicago

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GoldenBull



Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 7235

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:44 am    Post subject: Re: Horning In: The Feminist Case for Metal Reply with quote

Conservationist wrote:
Bitch, a feminist magazine, published the article "Horning In -- The case for feminist metal" in their fall 2008 issue. It talks about famous women in metal and why women should play metal, as well as the parts of metal that are pro-feminist.

Horning In: The Feminist Case for Metal (Download, 8mb, JPG)


What, you didn't think NWN people would know what "mirth" means?

Just kidding. Laughing

That article is...well, ridiculous. Not so much because of the ideas it contains but because of the shallow way it explores them.
_________________
Weltbrand wrote:
I actually had Emperor in mind for some reason, but yeah the same logic would apply to a shredded goat man with his dick flapping in the wind.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Humus



Joined: 05 May 2007
Posts: 2916

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't have time nor courage to read the article, but in Belgium we have this nice initiative to integrate women into metal.

http://www.missmetal.be/

This (unfortunately) is not a joke.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Caina



Joined: 10 Feb 2008
Posts: 971

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The idea that women 'should' or 'should not' play metal is itself counter-feminist.
_________________
ANUNG UN RAMA, SANCTI AB JURA

www.myspace.com/cainaband
http://www.last.fm/user/WilburWhateley

Good traders/sellers: Yosuke, Grief, s.charlach x2, Blekt , headnhalf x2, destrucSEAN, Sadovahr x3, GROUND ZERO Entertainment, Ykh
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hellfire Commando



Joined: 23 May 2006
Posts: 2244
Location: Montréal

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally think that women should be treated equally to men - as I don't see any fucking difference. People always ask me how it is to be a women in metal, and I always wonder why the fuck they ask me that! Maybe I'm lucky and I live in a tolerant city or something? Cathy, do you have the same problem?
_________________
The Goat of fire in me ablaze
Oh cosmic furnace I behold
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
blodhemn9



Joined: 12 Aug 2009
Posts: 5116
Location: Chicago

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Humus wrote:
Don't have time nor courage to read the article, but in Belgium we have this nice initiative to integrate women into metal.

http://www.missmetal.be/

This (unfortunately) is not a joke.


WOW. Shocked
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
blodhemn9



Joined: 12 Aug 2009
Posts: 5116
Location: Chicago

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hellfire Commando wrote:
I personally think that women should be treated equally to men - as I don't see any fucking difference. People always ask me how it is to be a women in metal, and I always wonder why the fuck they ask me that! Maybe I'm lucky and I live in a tolerant city or something? Cathy, do you have the same problem?


They probably ask you that because metal has always been a bit of a 'boys club' Wink But, I don't know how they expect you to answer that...since you've always been a woman and thats the only perspective you've known!

Same as when women have asked me "what's it like to have a dick"? I tell them that I can't explain it, but it's fucking cool and I wouldn't trade it for the world !
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Conservationist
banned


Joined: 25 Feb 2009
Posts: 2909

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blodhemn9 wrote:
Same as when women have asked me "what's it like to have a dick"?


How do they expect you to explain that one?

"It's like having a nose, except it gets erect and shoots semen!"

"It shapes my entire thought process!"

"Imagine being an elephant with a very sensitive trunk..."
_________________
DEATH METAL UNDERGROUND
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dalecooper



Joined: 26 Jan 2008
Posts: 2974
Location: Athens, GA

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conservationist wrote:
blodhemn9 wrote:
Same as when women have asked me "what's it like to have a dick"?


How do they expect you to explain that one?

"It's like having a nose, except it gets erect and shoots semen!"

"It shapes my entire thought process!"

"Imagine being an elephant with a very sensitive trunk..."


"Touch it for a while, it's basically the same as having one."
_________________
http://unspeakableaxerecords.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Primitivehatemagick



Joined: 19 Jan 2009
Posts: 1165
Location: US

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Women are equal and they deserve respect.

Just kidding they should suck my dick.
_________________
hatred of their kind is the law

trade/sale/wantlist
http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=96528#96528
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kakarot SS5



Joined: 05 Mar 2009
Posts: 2394
Location: Kame House

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caina wrote:
The idea that women 'should' or 'should not' play metal is itself counter-feminist.


Support!!! Cool
_________________
I spoke to God this morning and he don't like you.

Trade/Sale:
http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=40729
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lutfor



Joined: 25 Feb 2009
Posts: 2046

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem with publications like such as Bitch is that, while they're better than nothing, they're a lot like the idiotic jargon that punks used to hurl at metal heads. It's not incumbent on music to have a socio-political purpose of any kind, and drawing attention to gender exclusion that was mostly accident in the first place, doesn't help. Hell, look at Dana Duffey and, like her or not, Angela Gassow. They're metal enough that they don't need to draw attention to their femininity all the time. Their music is enough of an assault.

Of course, Dana Duffey is the better singer/songwriter. Twisted Evil
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Lutfor



Joined: 25 Feb 2009
Posts: 2046

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And while I'm on this probably misinformed tirade, Wolves in the Throne Room is for jackasses.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Conservationist
banned


Joined: 25 Feb 2009
Posts: 2909

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dalecooper wrote:
Conservationist wrote:
blodhemn9 wrote:
Same as when women have asked me "what's it like to have a dick"?


How do they expect you to explain that one?

"It's like having a nose, except it gets erect and shoots semen!"

"It shapes my entire thought process!"

"Imagine being an elephant with a very sensitive trunk..."


"Touch it for a while, it's basically the same as having one."


"Would you like to play with it for a little while?"

"I once heard about this Tibetan Mystic who understood the true nature of things by putting them in his mouth..."
_________________
DEATH METAL UNDERGROUND
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group