P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Rainbow- "Stargazer"
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blodhemn9

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:35 am    Post subject: Rainbow- "Stargazer" Reply with quote

Anyone know where to find video/audio of this song being preformed live with Dio??? I've seen the short interview/live footage clip of the song on youtube, but it sucks because it doesn't even go through half of this epic masterpiece of a song.....

Are there any videos of it floating around? I know they used to play it live, then stopped because it was too intense for Cozy Powell, according to the liner notes on a Rainbow dvd I have from the "long live rock n roll" tour.

Any suggestions???

Goddamn, what an amazing song. For sure in the top 5 songs of all time. Dio's voice gives me chills in all the parts after the solo section....

Last edited by blodhemn9 on Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:38 am; edited 1 time in total
CR99

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rainbow was such a great band. Many people dont like the later more commercial/light Hard Rock LPs but I think it's all great. The best is Rising & The Richie Blackmore's Rainbow debut of course.
blodhemn9

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CR99 wrote:
Rainbow was such a great band. Many people dont like the later more commercial/light Hard Rock LPs but I think it's all great. The best is Rising & The Richie Blackmore's Rainbow debut of course.

I can't stand the stuff after Dio..... not because I don't dig some arena rock here and there, but I just think it's horrible, pandering music.
CR99

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blodhemn9 wrote:
CR99 wrote:

I can't stand the stuff after Dio..... not because I don't dig some arena rock here and there, but I just think it's horrible, pandering music.

Of course the Dio recordings beat the later stuff senseless...still dig it though.
INEXORABLE EXTERMINATION

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:55 am    Post subject: Re: Rainbow- "Stargazer" Reply with quote

blodhemn9 wrote:
Anyone know where to find video/audio of this song being preformed live with Dio??? I've seen the short interview/live footage clip of the song on youtube, but it sucks because it doesn't even go through half of this epic masterpiece of a song.....

Are there any videos of it floating around? I know they used to play it live, then stopped because it was too intense for Cozy Powell, according to the liner notes on a Rainbow dvd I have from the "long live rock n roll" tour.

Any suggestions???

Goddamn, what an amazing song. For sure in the top 5 songs of all time. Dio's voice gives me chills in all the parts after the solo section....

Was actually listening to "Rising" just today. surely Dio's voice at it's strongest and actually still clear at high notes...Anyways, there is a fair sounding 2 cd licensed disc from around 5 or more years ago that has a long drawn out version of that song...like 20 minutes. You can probably find this on amazon even...can't remember the title but it is a 2 disc set from RAINBOW live...
INEXORABLE EXTERMINATION

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:00 am    Post subject: Re: Rainbow- "Stargazer" Reply with quote

INEXORABLE EXTERMINATION wrote:
blodhemn9 wrote:

Any suggestions???

Was actually listening to "Rising" just today. surely Dio's voice at it's strongest and actually still clear at high notes...Anyways, there is a fair sounding 2 cd licensed disc from around 5 or more years ago that has a long drawn out version of that song...like 20 minutes. You can probably find this on amazon even...can't remember the title but it is a 2 disc set from RAINBOW live...

Ha! Just looked it up on amazon.com It is the 2 cd called "Live in Europe"....Cheap price as well...
blodhemn9

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:03 am    Post subject: Re: Rainbow- "Stargazer" Reply with quote

blodhemn9 wrote:

Any suggestions???

Ha! Just looked it up on amazon.com It is the 2 cd called "Live in Europe"....Cheap price as well...

Thanks a lot ! I may have to track that one down. I am hoping to find a video of it as well.
Thanks again!
spectre

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still need to get a copy of the debut but Rising is an amazing record. Stargazer is a track that really is unmatched by most other stuff.
blodhemn9

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spectre wrote:
I still need to get a copy of the debut but Rising is an amazing record. Stargazer is a track that really is unmatched by most other stuff.

Agreed...one of the best songs ever.
flo/thrash attack zine

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i love rising, dio is one of the best singers for sure!
DTK

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:00 am    Post subject: Be sure to check out Reply with quote

Killer band, and be shure to check this box out if any chance:

http://www.amazon.com/Deutschland-Tournee-1976-Live-Germany/dp/B000F6YUIM/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1254250706&sr=1-5

Features complete sets which On stage live was edited from! The Rising era band is insane!
holyhell666

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also check www.hellridemusic.com. Barnes carries many Sabbath & Rainbow titles. It looks like he currently has the "Live In Germany" 1976 2 CD set as well as the "Live In Munich 1977" DVD. Both feature live versions of Stargazer.
Demoniac

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyhell666 wrote:
Also check www.hellridemusic.com. Barnes carries many Sabbath & Rainbow titles. It looks like he currently has the "Live In Germany" 1976 2 CD set as well as the "Live In Munich 1977" DVD. Both feature live versions of Stargazer.

"Live in Munich" doesnt have Stargazer on it - they seem to have dropped it in favour of Long Live Rock N Roll compared to the otherwise identical setlist of the 1976 tour.

btw: "Live in Europe" = American version of "Live in Germany". This one does indeed feature Stargazer. It is compiled from several german shows of the 1976 tour, of which three full sets are available in the box mentioned above. To my knowledge the "On Stage" recordings mainly come from the japanese shows of the 1976 tour with just a few german parts.

While I personally love all the Dio Era Rainbow live recordings and often prefer them to the studio versions, in the case of Stargazer I think the studio version cant be topped (my favourite Rainbow song and one of the best songs ever, period!).
The_Elite

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The live in Munich 1977 dvd is incredible.

Apparently it's the only complete concert footage of the Dio era line-up.
blodhemn9

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyhell666 wrote:

Is the "Live in Munich" dvd the same as the "On Stage" dvd ??? I have that, and all it's missing is Stargazer.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: