P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

Immortal Battles in the North question
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Son of Satan



Joined: 17 Feb 2009
Posts: 2038

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always thought something was fucked up with my copy I didnt realize that it was just produced that way . Laughing
_________________
"Without leather, you could die! Without fighting, you could die! Without switchblades, you could die!!!!!!"

-Trade List-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kojiri



Joined: 26 Jan 2009
Posts: 4863
Location: I'm here to mainstream your kvlt

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Son of Satan wrote:
I always thought something was fucked up with my copy I didnt realize that it was just produced that way . Laughing


The production is the best part... very much like the maelstrom production of Molested's Blod-draum, which was released 2 days before Battles in the North oddly enough. More proof that Dan Swineo didn't need to fuck around with the mastering of the Molested album at all.
_________________
NuclearGoatVomit wrote:
"Burn it and then piss!

Trade/Buy/Sell!: addo_of_nex, Black_Fire, bunyip, cannibal_riot, cursed blood, dawid, Deathammer, etdeath, wvrm
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ennemi



Joined: 22 Sep 2007
Posts: 245

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@kojiri : +1
the production fits pefectly to the songs brutality
there was a rumor about drums that were speed up
_________________
ta gueule
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Heliogabalus



Joined: 06 Nov 2008
Posts: 1082
Location: 22 Acacia Ave.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the reason I was confused is
because some labels to prevent ripping
(before bit torrent exploded) would abruptly stop songs at the end
or insert beeps or other things to discourage reproduction of the
CD. I was given a nasty 1st edition digipak by a record store owner.
At the time, I thought it was a promo and the stops were osmose way of discouraging copying.
Most of the release info was covered up
by a black sharpie. I bought a reissue and the songs ended abrubtly. I bought the latest reissue and it's still the same so I guess the guy/gal that said my question "was this intentional"? "was stupid" was probably correct! Very Happy
I have a nostalgic love for this record. Remember that A5 sized first relapse
catalog back in the early 90's? The one with the nekid person sitting in front of the broken tv's? That was where I discovered immortal as well as that
explosion of the Norwegian movement. Good times...Anyone else have this catalog?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nonwave



Joined: 22 Jun 2009
Posts: 1274
Location: Brookyn, NY

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, i still have that relapse catalog as well as the first 10 issues of pit and sounds of death!

i love "battles in the north". it's fucking perfect in every way.
_________________
http://www.ugEXPLODE.com
The finest in unrelieved tension since 1991
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Blood and Thunder



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 1285
Location: Melbourne

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heliogabalus wrote:
I think the reason I was confused is
because some labels to prevent ripping
(before bit torrent exploded) would abruptly stop songs at the end
or insert beeps or other things to discourage reproduction of the
CD. I was given a nasty 1st edition digipak by a record store owner.
At the time, I thought it was a promo and the stops were osmose way of discouraging copying.
Most of the release info was covered up
by a black sharpie. I bought a reissue and the songs ended abrubtly. I bought the latest reissue and it's still the same so I guess the guy/gal that said my question "was this intentional"? "was stupid" was probably correct! Very Happy
I have a nostalgic love for this record. Remember that A5 sized first relapse
catalog back in the early 90's? The one with the nekid person sitting in front of the broken tv's? That was where I discovered immortal as well as that
explosion of the Norwegian movement. Good times...Anyone else have this catalog?


Yeah that's a good point, except that labels weren't doing that till around 2002 I guess. Earache really flew the flag with their advance albums being split across 99 tracks so that if you ripped it to MP3, you'd have 99 tracks. Probably no big deal for ipod users, but annoying if you were trying to source it via torrents etc. Ha, in 1995 I think there were more than a few people who considred the internet as some passing fad. Never considered that it would be the death of the traditional record company...
_________________
Ashes to ashes
Dust to dust
If god won't help me
Then the devil must...

http://www.blackmetalrevolution.com/preview.html
http://www.blackmetalrevolution.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/bmrevolution
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Humus



Joined: 05 May 2007
Posts: 2881

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Immortal Battles in the North question Reply with quote

Heliogabalus wrote:
Why do the songs abruptly stop


Limited recording studio time. No more $$$ to record the last few seconds of the songs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nonwave



Joined: 22 Jun 2009
Posts: 1274
Location: Brookyn, NY

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Immortal Battles in the North question Reply with quote

because that's the way they wanted them to end. it's an aesthetic device called a hard edit . . . just like in movies.

Humus wrote:
Heliogabalus wrote:
Why do the songs abruptly stop


Limited recording studio time. No more $$$ to record the last few seconds of the songs.

_________________
http://www.ugEXPLODE.com
The finest in unrelieved tension since 1991
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Wargod666



Joined: 29 May 2009
Posts: 78
Location: NZ666

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the most retarded thread ever.

Im not sure if the douche is aware, but a lot of people like to, shall we say 'Conclude' their songs by having a point at the end in which they stop playing.

Unless you're inbred like meshuggah.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
blodhemn9



Joined: 12 Aug 2009
Posts: 4959
Location: Chicago

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nonwave wrote:
i don't know what you're listening to. i don't know how "horrible" it is that everything is balanced in the mix . . . maybe you need 20 seconds of reverb for things to sound good? sorry . . . battles is completely dry.

it's "frostbitten", yo!


I think the production on Battles is fine..not as good as Pure Holocaust, but certainly listenable. Just mess with your EQ a bit until you find something that suits you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Heliogabalus



Joined: 06 Nov 2008
Posts: 1082
Location: 22 Acacia Ave.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wargod666 wrote:
This is the most retarded thread ever.

Im not sure if the douche is aware, but a lot of people like to, shall we say 'Conclude' their songs by having a point at the end in which they stop playing.

Unless you're inbred like meshuggah.


Who are you referring to as a douche? Confused
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Doomchild



Joined: 15 Oct 2008
Posts: 779

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doomchild wrote:
Doomchild wrote:
just curious,
anyone have any info which Battles....cd is the 1st press/edition?

here's my copy.

as written on the actual cd:

Osmose 1995
SPV 84-20332 CD
OPCD 027

and on the back cover:

Osmose Productions 1997
LC 2406
UPC #: 4 001617 203323

any help/info would be appreciated, hails!


[img][/img]



anyone have any info on this???


anybody???
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nonwave



Joined: 22 Jun 2009
Posts: 1274
Location: Brookyn, NY

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think Wargod666 was referring to you because he thought it was a dumb question.

Heliogabalus wrote:
Wargod666 wrote:
This is the most retarded thread ever.

Im not sure if the douche is aware, but a lot of people like to, shall we say 'Conclude' their songs by having a point at the end in which they stop playing.

Unless you're inbred like meshuggah.


Who are you referring to as a douche? Confused

_________________
http://www.ugEXPLODE.com
The finest in unrelieved tension since 1991
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Heliogabalus



Joined: 06 Nov 2008
Posts: 1082
Location: 22 Acacia Ave.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nonwave wrote:
i think Wargod666 was referring to you because he thought it was a dumb question.

Heliogabalus wrote:
Wargod666 wrote:
This is the most retarded thread ever.

Im not sure if the douche is aware, but a lot of people like to, shall we say 'Conclude' their songs by having a point at the end in which they stop playing.

Unless you're inbred like meshuggah.


Who are you referring to as a douche? Confused


Thanks man. "Douche" seems to be the newest "hipster term" that
is thrown around oh so liberally these days. It probably was a dumb question.... maybe not the most retarted thread ever though
Wargod 666 may your metal strength and powers from the river Charon
protect you from all that is "douchness". I;ll be interested in reading your future posts as I am sure they will cantaion no evidence of
douchebility in them Very Happy


Last edited by Heliogabalus on Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pro Abortion



Joined: 15 Feb 2009
Posts: 375

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wargod666 wrote:
This is the most retarded thread ever.

Im not sure if the douche is aware, but a lot of people like to, shall we say 'Conclude' their songs by having a point at the end in which they stop playing.

Unless you're inbred like meshuggah.


LMFAO
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group