P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

Bands you never gave a fuck about
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 32, 33, 34  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
bartwa



Joined: 10 Jan 2015
Posts: 860
Location: prusy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

King Diamond. Fucking Freddie Kruger of heavy metal. Actually I enjoyed some Freddie flicks during my teens but never, ever could stand this KD clown.
_________________
For sale: https://www.discogs.com/seller/spruceleather/profile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sloughfegkillers



Joined: 06 Oct 2015
Posts: 1483

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you preparered? No one speaks ill of the King, serious but yeah I love that cunt.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
shekkigreenwood



Joined: 18 Mar 2016
Posts: 664
Location: Estados Unidos

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Belial's Key & Arghoslent

They never clicked for being the power houses they are hailed as. Just really bland.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dAHMER



Joined: 04 Sep 2009
Posts: 1759

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shekkigreenwood wrote:
Grand Belial's Key & Arghoslent

They never clicked for being the power houses they are hailed as. Just really bland.

Same here. I'm not sure if it's the riffs or tempos they use or what, but it always comes across as too up beat to me. Clearly not what they're going for, but it's how it registers to my ears.
_________________
Whore's Skeleton - Black Noise/Power Electronics
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PeterVenkman



Joined: 11 Feb 2011
Posts: 4893
Location: Houghton le shit

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dAHMER wrote:
shekkigreenwood wrote:
Grand Belial's Key & Arghoslent

They never clicked for being the power houses they are hailed as. Just really bland.

Same here. I'm not sure if it's the riffs or tempos they use or what, but it always comes across as too up beat to me. Clearly not what they're going for, but it's how it registers to my ears.


Arghoslent definitely too upbeat for me, although I love the riffs, I dont think GBK are that upbeat mind.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Wytchdance



Joined: 20 May 2015
Posts: 278
Location: USA

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PeterVenkman wrote:
dAHMER wrote:
shekkigreenwood wrote:
Grand Belial's Key & Arghoslent

They never clicked for being the power houses they are hailed as. Just really bland.

Same here. I'm not sure if it's the riffs or tempos they use or what, but it always comes across as too up beat to me. Clearly not what they're going for, but it's how it registers to my ears.


Arghoslent definitely too upbeat for me, although I love the riffs, I dont think GBK are that upbeat mind.



GBK are definitely not upbeat. Pretty ugly and bleak sounding tone with stellar riffs. The riffs aren't always typical BM riffs and are more on the traditional heavy metal side, so it doesn't having that second wave "iciness," but certainly wouldn't classify them as upbeat.

Arghoslent has that "upbeat" galloping tempo most of the time, but I've always considered it more of a triumphant or "grand" sound--not upbeat in the "happy" way.

Some of the best metal ever made, regardless.
_________________
KojirI wrote: "When comes Susan Sarandon pic lp edition?"

blewcheer wrote: "And yeah those were her exact words, or at least what I hear when she's crying and I'm flexing and listening to Sextrash and shit."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IXTAB
Site Admin


Joined: 15 May 2008
Posts: 4250
Location: Metalapolis, MN

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shekkigreenwood wrote:
Grand Belial's Key & Arghoslent

They never clicked for being the power houses they are hailed as. Just really bland.


Does this have anything to do with the lyrical content of said bands and your name being shekkigreenwood?

Wink
_________________
THINGS THAT WILL BE DELETED:
1. Ghost and Watain threads
2. Image signatures
3. Content related to Necroytardonic Records
4. Memes
5. Ebonics

e-mail ixtab[at]nwnprod[dot]com regarding forum account activation or problems
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Heretic Death Call



Joined: 29 Jan 2016
Posts: 396

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IXTAB wrote:
shekkigreenwood wrote:
Grand Belial's Key & Arghoslent

They never clicked for being the power houses they are hailed as. Just really bland.


Does this have anything to do with the lyrical content of said bands and your name being shekkigreenwood?

Wink


Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Xeniteia



Joined: 13 Feb 2008
Posts: 2325
Location: Rhône Valley, France

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wytchdance wrote:
PeterVenkman wrote:
dAHMER wrote:
shekkigreenwood wrote:
Grand Belial's Key & Arghoslent

They never clicked for being the power houses they are hailed as. Just really bland.

Same here. I'm not sure if it's the riffs or tempos they use or what, but it always comes across as too up beat to me. Clearly not what they're going for, but it's how it registers to my ears.


Arghoslent definitely too upbeat for me, although I love the riffs, I dont think GBK are that upbeat mind.



GBK are definitely not upbeat. Pretty ugly and bleak sounding tone with stellar riffs. The riffs aren't always typical BM riffs and are more on the traditional heavy metal side, so it doesn't having that second wave "iciness," but certainly wouldn't classify them as upbeat.

Arghoslent has that "upbeat" galloping tempo most of the time, but I've always considered it more of a triumphant or "grand" sound--not upbeat in the "happy" way.

Some of the best metal ever made, regardless.


You nailed it. What's even best with them is that they don't need to include Thrash parts to include dynamics into the songs.
_________________
Psalmanazar wrote:
I thought it was Dissection who reinvented black metal by adding back in the power ballads for everyone who wanted to show Steve Perry their lighter.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Y.E



Joined: 20 May 2016
Posts: 229

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bartwa wrote:
King Diamond. Fucking Freddie Kruger of heavy metal. Actually I enjoyed some Freddie flicks during my teens but never, ever could stand this KD clown.


+1
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
hymnsoftheneedlefreak



Joined: 26 May 2016
Posts: 2838

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now it's time to get edgy.

King Diamond is one of extreme metal's most important and let's face it, best vocalist. A truly unique and creative man. Mercyful Fate....any questions?

GBK & Arghoslent are fine examples of heavy metal that is laced into death and black metal, but done with pure class and taste. There are more interesting riffs in both bands than almost anything you will hear coming out today.

I guess opinions are opinions and mine don't matter but I thought I would chime in.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bartwa



Joined: 10 Jan 2015
Posts: 860
Location: prusy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hymnsoftheneedlefreak wrote:
King Diamond is one of extreme metal's most important and let's face it, best vocalist. A truly unique and creative man. Mercyful Fate....any questions?
.

Probably you're right. The thing is that his uniqueness and creativity doesn't appeal to me in the slightest. Nothing more.
_________________
For sale: https://www.discogs.com/seller/spruceleather/profile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
shekkigreenwood



Joined: 18 Mar 2016
Posts: 664
Location: Estados Unidos

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IXTAB wrote:
shekkigreenwood wrote:
Grand Belial's Key & Arghoslent

They never clicked for being the power houses they are hailed as. Just really bland.


Does this have anything to do with the lyrical content of said bands and your name being shekkigreenwood?

Wink


Ixtab appears to stir pot?

GBK lyrical content is tired and pedestrian. Nothing offensive could be derived. The music being put forth as extreme or confrontational is the offense.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Xeniteia



Joined: 13 Feb 2008
Posts: 2325
Location: Rhône Valley, France

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WTF? GBK lyrics are some of the best written blasphemy of the last decades.
_________________
Psalmanazar wrote:
I thought it was Dissection who reinvented black metal by adding back in the power ballads for everyone who wanted to show Steve Perry their lighter.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
NWN PROD



Joined: 10 May 2006
Posts: 21857
Location: SF Bay Area

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shekkigreenwood wrote:
Grand Belial's Key & Arghoslent

They never clicked for being the power houses they are hailed as. Just really bland.


Both are super catchy so it's hard to understand this.
_________________
Contact: nwnprod@gmail.com
Web: http://www.nwnprod.com/shop/index.php?main_page=products_new

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 32, 33, 34  Next
Page 33 of 34

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group