P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

I never saw this coming...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Brooklyn Bastard 666



Joined: 08 Oct 2009
Posts: 2634
Location: Brooklyn, NY

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demonomancy wrote:
Today all the big shit Tours have strange Band combinations...so everyone´s happy and more people show up. $$$


Totally true.

Even down to WATAIN in 2008 with the awful BOOK OF BLACK EARTH!
I hate when a bigger Death or Black Metal band comes to town with bad Metal-core bands, this has been going on for the past 5 yrs it seems.
But, the crowd mix means a better turn-out so the fans of the Death or Black bands are shit out of luck.

I was happy to see that NILE/IMMOLATION/KRISIUN are touring together, 3 legit DM bands who share similar fans for the most part.
Another example of a good mix was in Aug/Sept with OBITUARY/GOATWHORE/KRISIUN.
_________________
We Are Satan's Generation And We Don't Give A Fuck!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chit019



Joined: 04 Oct 2007
Posts: 2390
Location: California

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brooklyn Bastard 666 wrote:


Totally true.

Even down to WATAIN in 2008 with the awful BOOK OF BLACK EARTH!
I hate when a bigger Death or Black Metal band comes to town with bad Metal-core bands


Haha that band is horrible, I saw them play with Amebix and everyone is just looking at the keyboard guy headbanging. haha
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
slutvomit



Joined: 15 Dec 2007
Posts: 257

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like all 3 bands. Will be going to the Seattle show, for sure. Day after the Slayer/Megadeth/Testament show Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Esoteric



Joined: 28 Jul 2009
Posts: 135

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blodhemn9 wrote:
Esoteric wrote:
probert wrote:
whats weird about it?

..other than that a MMA tshirt company is sponsoring it


I find it mildly odd, but nothing in metal shocks me anymore to be truthful. Metal is so painfully mainstream now (from black metal in Guitar Hero 5 and Brutal Legend to being mentioned on mainstream radio), kvltfago bands and all, with the guise of being exclusive to "underground warriors." All this UG scenepoint talk is a huge joke, especially when you hear 12 year old kids on Xbox Live discussing Nifelheim.


what 'black metal' was on GH 5 ? Just curious. I never hear kids on games discussing Nifelheim...usually they are discussing with their mothers what time they have to go to bed...that's usually right when I shoot them in the face online. Laughing


Have a look at the Xbox Live marketplace for that game. You're able to purchase "Black Metal Shoes" and a nifty "Black Metal Top" for your avatar, and yes they use those exact terms quoted for truth. Well consider yourself lucky to have not overheard a retarded conversation between two 12 year olds talking about how evil Nifelheim is.

What's your gamertag? Laughing


Last edited by Esoteric on Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Esoteric



Joined: 28 Jul 2009
Posts: 135

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brooklyn Bastard 666 wrote:
Demonomancy wrote:
Today all the big shit Tours have strange Band combinations...so everyone´s happy and more people show up. $$$


Totally true.

Even down to WATAIN in 2008 with the awful BOOK OF BLACK EARTH!
I hate when a bigger Death or Black Metal band comes to town with bad Metal-core bands, this has been going on for the past 5 yrs it seems.
But, the crowd mix means a better turn-out so the fans of the Death or Black bands are shit out of luck.

I was happy to see that NILE/IMMOLATION/KRISIUN are touring together, 3 legit DM bands who share similar fans for the most part.
Another example of a good mix was in Aug/Sept with OBITUARY/GOATWHORE/KRISIUN.


I agree. I miss the days of when shows were more organized down to the same styles rather than just mixing all kinds of bands who don't make any sense touring with each other.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Skoll



Joined: 29 Dec 2008
Posts: 789
Location: Wellington, NZ

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The gig looks shit, even if the gvsts had some okay material. Seen Behemoth once before and it was one of the most disturbing experiences ever, and not in a good way.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
blodhemn9



Joined: 12 Aug 2009
Posts: 5109
Location: Chicago

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Esoteric wrote:
blodhemn9 wrote:
Esoteric wrote:
probert wrote:
whats weird about it?

..other than that a MMA tshirt company is sponsoring it


I find it mildly odd, but nothing in metal shocks me anymore to be truthful. Metal is so painfully mainstream now (from black metal in Guitar Hero 5 and Brutal Legend to being mentioned on mainstream radio), kvltfago bands and all, with the guise of being exclusive to "underground warriors." All this UG scenepoint talk is a huge joke, especially when you hear 12 year old kids on Xbox Live discussing Nifelheim.


what 'black metal' was on GH 5 ? Just curious. I never hear kids on games discussing Nifelheim...usually they are discussing with their mothers what time they have to go to bed...that's usually right when I shoot them in the face online. Laughing


Have a look at the Xbox Live marketplace for that game. You're able to purchase "Black Metal Shoes" and a nifty "Black Metal Top" for your avatar, and yes they use those exact terms quoted for truth. Well consider yourself lucky to have not overheard a retarded conversation between two 12 year olds talking about how evil Nifelheim is.

What's your gamertag? Laughing


I had 3 fucking xbox360's die out on me....so I now have a PS3 (slim). There doesn't seem to be as many kids on PS network, and it's free...so I've never been happier!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
blodhemn9



Joined: 12 Aug 2009
Posts: 5109
Location: Chicago

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Esoteric wrote:
Brooklyn Bastard 666 wrote:
Demonomancy wrote:
Today all the big shit Tours have strange Band combinations...so everyone´s happy and more people show up. $$$


Totally true.

Even down to WATAIN in 2008 with the awful BOOK OF BLACK EARTH!
I hate when a bigger Death or Black Metal band comes to town with bad Metal-core bands, this has been going on for the past 5 yrs it seems.
But, the crowd mix means a better turn-out so the fans of the Death or Black bands are shit out of luck.

I was happy to see that NILE/IMMOLATION/KRISIUN are touring together, 3 legit DM bands who share similar fans for the most part.
Another example of a good mix was in Aug/Sept with OBITUARY/GOATWHORE/KRISIUN.


I agree. I miss the days of when shows were more organized down to the same styles rather than just mixing all kinds of bands who don't make any sense touring with each other.


Its the labels that set up the tours most of the time now...style of the bands doesn't matter. Its a label package tour
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HisEmissary



Joined: 29 Jun 2008
Posts: 398

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need to look into an Affliction endorsement!
_________________
NightBitch.org
One-master.net
Ipsissimus.gov
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Esoteric



Joined: 28 Jul 2009
Posts: 135

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blodhemn9 wrote:


Its the labels that set up the tours most of the time now...style of the bands doesn't matter. Its a label package tour


Of course, I understand this. Serious black metal bands should rip up their contracts, go back to making good quality music, and set their own gigs up that actually make sense. However, that would cost too much money at their expense, they'd rather sell out and take the easy way out. Laughing


Last edited by Esoteric on Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Esoteric



Joined: 28 Jul 2009
Posts: 135

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blodhemn9 wrote:


I had 3 fucking xbox360's die out on me....so I now have a PS3 (slim). There doesn't seem to be as many kids on PS network, and it's free...so I've never been happier!


Only happened to me once by red rings. It wasn't all that well-ventilated though and possibly overheated. Was yours properly ventilated and did you play it for like 230948243 hours on end?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Endless Morbidity



Joined: 17 Oct 2007
Posts: 2108
Location: New York

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has more to do with booking agencies, management and being friendly with the right people (as far as crappy bands weaseling their way onto good tours/shows).

WATAIN was in talks some months ago to have the opening slot on this tour, btw.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
adrian5118



Joined: 30 Dec 2008
Posts: 2673

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have gone if they went.
_________________
Rare shirts of DEATHKEY, AMORPHIS, DEMONCY, SSP, etc.:
http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=840646#840646
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
schadel_reich



Joined: 24 Apr 2007
Posts: 846
Location: England

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brooklyn Bastard 666 wrote:
Demonomancy wrote:
Today all the big shit Tours have strange Band combinations...so everyone´s happy and more people show up. $$$


Totally true.

Even down to WATAIN in 2008 with the awful BOOK OF BLACK EARTH!
I hate when a bigger Death or Black Metal band comes to town with bad Metal-core bands, this has been going on for the past 5 yrs it seems.
But, the crowd mix means a better turn-out so the fans of the Death or Black bands are shit out of luck.

That just makes me think about the Nocturnus/After Death tour of Europe in 2008. Only one of the four support bands made any sense, as all the rest were generally shitty metalcore bands. Whilst watching the gig I mainly just stayed at the bar and wondered how Nocturnus could get stuck with such shitty support bands.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
probert



Joined: 15 Jul 2009
Posts: 6976
Location: stankonia

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Esoteric wrote:
blodhemn9 wrote:


I had 3 fucking xbox360's die out on me....so I now have a PS3 (slim). There doesn't seem to be as many kids on PS network, and it's free...so I've never been happier!


Only happened to me once by red rings. It wasn't all that well-ventilated though and possibly overheated. Was yours properly ventilated and did you play it for like 230948243 hours on end?


i had 2 die before i bought a ps3, 100000000x better. PSN is free, theres not as many annoying kids, no faggoty fischer-price avatar shit and ive never had any problems in about a year since i owned it. just got CODMW2 yesterday, gonna play the shit out of it tonite!!
_________________
format your doormat
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group