P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Is renting a P.O box a great idea?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Luxixul Sumering

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:02 pm    Post subject: Is renting a P.O box a great idea? Reply with quote

Im at the verge of just saying fuck it and just rent a whole year.
Any bad or good experiences that come along with it? Every 7" I own has a corner ding because the courier cramps the lp inside the mailbox in my apartment complex.

Thanks for all help!
Unmakable

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've used one for about nine years now, and am a big fan. I feel like my packages are way safer sitting in a climate controlled building until I'm ready to pick them up, opposed to sitting on my porch exposed to the elements or thieves. It costs me roughly $60 a year, but 100% worth it.

Edit: Also worth mentioning they always keep my stuff in a pile in back, so no worries about items getting stuffed into anything.

Last edited by Unmakable on Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
under a funeral shroom

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go for it, it ends up costing less than $10 a month and you don't have to worry about someone swiping your stuff. It doesn't necessarily mean things wont be damaged in transit (see the envelope of crushed plastic I received last week that was supposed to be 3 tapes), but they place a key to a lock box or hold behind the counter packages that are too large.

But now in scene of baby Watains and weak emo scums with haircut

Last edited by under a funeral shroom on Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Snake

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's different size p.o. boxes, bigger = more money. P.o. boxes are important if you're a label or distro. In the day of Google earth where anyone can find exactly where you live. There are some nuts out there. When I had mine, back in the day, I had no problem and if something doesn't fit they should hold it and shoot you an e-mail.
Supervolcano

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

100% worth it man. I've found my packages to be in better shape than in the hands of the postman that delivers to my real address. And in the harsh winters, it's nice to know your shit is sitting inside somewhere.
Graceless Recordings

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

100% worth it. I have had the same one for nearly 25 years. I honestly think it has saved some records from getting warped by the sun etc. here in the HOT TN Summers. Just safer all around if you do lots of mail order. Always be nice to the postal workers too;)
snakenuts

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry for hijacking the thread, but I have a similar question. but i'll provide my 2 cents first.

when living in australia I rented one because the post service was garbage. my friend had 3 vinyls left on his front porch in 40 degree heat because he wasn't home when the mailman came. i've had kind of similar experiences, but not with vinyl.

living in Japan, I don't need one because the postal service is awesome here.

now for my question.
I'll be going to the US (los angeles) at the end of the year and I would like to rent a temporary post box or mail collection service.
what is a recommended service, or what is this service called in the US so I can do some research. the words I used on google only brought up results from Australia and Japan.

I don't really want to have them sent to the hotel (but will if it's the last resort), and I'm a little skeptical of having them delivered to convenience stores.
Any suggestions?
dAHMER

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had one for years and loved it. It really just depends on your priorities and if the cost is justifiable to you. It is pretty minimal financially, but you lose the immediacy of having stuff delivered to your door. If the safety of your packages are what matters, then go for it. It's certainly worth the peace of mind.

Edit: it's worth knowing that if you sign up and for some reason hate the service, you can cancel at any time and have the unused time refunded to you.
thepubesofsatan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

snakenuts wrote:
sorry for hijacking the thread, but I have a similar question. but i'll provide my 2 cents first.

when living in australia I rented one because the post service was garbage. my friend had 3 vinyls left on his front porch in 40 degree heat because he wasn't home when the mailman came. i've had kind of similar experiences, but not with vinyl.

living in Japan, I don't need one because the postal service is awesome here.

now for my question.
I'll be going to the US (los angeles) at the end of the year and I would like to rent a temporary post box or mail collection service.
what is a recommended service, or what is this service called in the US so I can do some research. the words I used on google only brought up results from Australia and Japan.

I don't really want to have them sent to the hotel (but will if it's the last resort), and I'm a little skeptical of having them delivered to convenience stores.
Any suggestions?

I've had Aus post PO boxes off and on for years , while they can be handy they still fuck up all the time (always get other peoples mail) . One thing I've found out is that every key I've had has been able to open up other boxes , found out by accident the first time (box was next to mine) then tried it on other boxes with a pretty good success rate , I guess security isn't a big concern for the dodgy cunts .
M8FOX

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

snakenuts wrote:
now for my question.

Any suggestions?

Well, this is our national postal service:

https://www.usps.com/

"The idea born in someones mind is nurtured by a thousand blind"
snakenuts

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

M8FOX wrote:
snakenuts wrote:
now for my question.

Any suggestions?

Well, this is our national postal service:

https://www.usps.com/

yeah I looked at the USPS first, but they dont have the type of service I'm looking for.
Humus

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just for the heck of it I had a look at PO-box rates in Belgium. I'd pay $170 a year. Always a good joke, the Belgian post.
gasskammer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Humus wrote:
Just for the heck of it I had a look at PO-box rates in Belgium. I'd pay $170 a year. Always a good joke, the Belgian post.

Same here (norway.)
Odium FPM

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pay ~50 Eur per year for a post-box here in Lithuania. Basically, visint post office at least once per week, you get all your parcel in one safe place, that's the biggest advantage.
PeterVenkman

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's 28.20 a MONTH here, fucks sake.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: