P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

the Ebay is officially retarded thread part 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 378, 379, 380 ... 403, 404, 405  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
candlesmoke

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tollwut wrote:

Sold quite a bunch of LPs and tapes recently, out of 6 buyers who bought several lots, 4 won't pay.
2 of them never reacted, while 2 other started absolutely retarded inquiries about price, shipping rates and general ways of postponing the payment.

Got to wonder, what's the point in all of those fake bids, scheming, and the refusal to pay for goods after making a bid? People not understanding how Ebay works? Persons on it are simply wasting everyone's time, including their own. Don't really see anyone benefiting from it..
funeral-records

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

candlesmoke wrote:

Got to wonder, what's the point in all of those fake bids, scheming, and the refusal to pay for goods after making a bid?

Emotional and impulsive bidding, and then they realize that they don't really want it or can't afford it when it's time to shell out the cash.
Tollwut

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

funeral-records wrote:
candlesmoke wrote:

Got to wonder, what's the point in all of those fake bids, scheming, and the refusal to pay for goods after making a bid?

Emotional and impulsive bidding, and then they realize that they don't really want it or can't afford it when it's time to shell out the cash.

That's the closest I can imagine.
Some of them seem to be quite young and immature.
The problem is how much of a time waste it is.
You've got to wait 4 days until you can make a claim, then you have to wait another 7 days. Disables the seller for 11 days of selling the item to another bidder.
funeral-records

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tollwut wrote:
funeral-records wrote:
candlesmoke wrote:

That's the closest I can imagine.
Some of them seem to be quite young and immature.
The problem is how much of a time waste it is.
You've got to wait 4 days until you can make a claim, then you have to wait another 7 days. Disables the seller for 11 days of selling the item to another bidder.

You can always do the Second Chance offer which gives it to the next highest bidder.

Otherwise, yeah you're stuck for a while. eBay really fucking sucks for sellers.
Bones

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iíve bid a few dollars on CDs on eBay before trying to get them for cheap, only to see them be bid above the price of a new, sealed copy of the same fucking album actually listed on eBay. People get all stupid when it comes to bidding on things, it turns into a pissing contest.
Vapula

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the whole trick behind it, you get into a bidding war and forget your paying more until it's too late. Similar to people gambling, losing loads but keep thinking the next bet is going to be the big win.
GuilioCrippler

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bones wrote:
Iíve bid a few dollars on CDs on eBay before trying to get them for cheap, only to see them be bid above the price of a new, sealed copy of the same fucking album actually listed on eBay. People get all stupid when it comes to bidding on things, it turns into a pissing contest.

People think of auctions as something you "win" rather than something where you agree to pay the highest price.
13th

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not quite eBay but Discogs, I don't know if there was one specific thread for that.

Whats up with people making accounts, purchasing some album then never paying or responding to messages?

Like last 3 purchases I've either sent invoice or message asking what kind of shipment the buyer wants and all just goes missing.
This most recent buyer had account since 2016 March, but no activity, no feedback, only shitty south park picture mixed with Pink Floyd's album cover and his name posted.

A week ago I had a buyer with account made just before the purchase, no feedback obviously, shipping info was different from payer info and his profile had a different name so total 3 different names. I just cancelled all and left them negative feedback and so far havent heard back, or received feedback myself.
Ough

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^You should set up a minimum buyer FB requirement. Mine is at 90% I think..
K.D.S.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately that doesn't work with zero feedback buyers, they have the benefit of the doubt. After all, no feedback isn't less than 90% positive feedback.
Ough

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

K.D.S. wrote:
Unfortunately that doesn't work with zero feedback buyers, they have the benefit of the doubt. After all, no feedback isn't less than 90% positive feedback.

Hmm, I didn't realize that. Oh well.
SlevinKelevra

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

speaking of feedback, I have 23 sales on discogs in the last 4 months where buyers haven't left me a feedback yet. What's so difficult in 2 or 3 mouse clicks? assholes.

---
Deals/trades with : Al Infierno,amon-goethe, bearsbearsbears, cwprod, dethronewilliam, Hidden38, hume, hymnsoftheneedlefreak, jerry666, lordpazuzu, , mrgoatimus, nok, snakenuts, wirelessdarkness, xyosefx .
Ough

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SlevinKelevra wrote:
speaking of feedback, I have 23 sales on discogs in the last 4 months where buyers haven't left me a feedback yet. What's so difficult in 2 or 3 mouse clicks? assholes.

Do you immediately leave them positive buyer feedback? I never leave feedback until I receive positive seller FB. I feel like this encourages buyers to do so.
Jorm

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ough wrote:
SlevinKelevra wrote:

Do you immediately leave them positive buyer feedback? I never leave feedback until I receive positive seller FB. I feel like this encourages buyers to do so.

Good idea, I should do the same. 5 sales this month, 2 feedbacks only. And I've sent messages for those who didn't leave me one.
SlevinKelevra

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ough wrote:
SlevinKelevra wrote:

the latter . Crying or Very sad

---
Deals/trades with : Al Infierno,amon-goethe, bearsbearsbears, cwprod, dethronewilliam, Hidden38, hume, hymnsoftheneedlefreak, jerry666, lordpazuzu, , mrgoatimus, nok, snakenuts, wirelessdarkness, xyosefx .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 378, 379, 380 ... 403, 404, 405  Next
Page 379 of 405

Jump to: