P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

the Ebay is officially retarded thread part 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 402, 403, 404 ... 406, 407, 408  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GrimorthPaleblood

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tireheb wrote:
GrimorthPaleblood wrote:
Maybe because I DO NOT give a fuck about that in any way? You can throw your money at whatever piece of black junk that comes out from these labels/artists and I don't necessairly need to be that butthurt to speak against it.

You "don't give a fuck" but still need to complain about how others use their money? Sorry but you're the only butthurt in this one.

As said, it's not complaining, I just mock things I find ridiculous for my own laughs. I only care about this kind of stuff if I find it funny to an extent. Nothing else. Now don't derail this thread any further.
hymnsoftheneedlefreak

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have only bought one item off Discogs. I believe it is the worst thing that has happened to records as far as the inflation goes. I understand keeping up with the market value on things, but this is music and it just gets more heinous each year. I have used Ebay for years and scored some amazing stuff for prices that didn't mean I had to sell my car to afford them.
CR99

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Discogs is actually pretty good for trades if you ask nicely thru PM, I got some great shit that way. And I still mostly use it to buy stuff that not too many people know or care about.
wirelessdarkness

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay. Momentary rant.

I've used Discogs for maybe six years now and haven't used eBay in nearly as long. Everybody I know gives me a sideways look and asks if I've ever had a problem with Discogs and no, I've had miles more issues with the bay than anything I've ever encountered on Discogs, surprisingly.

Example. I recently created a new account to sell some sports memorabilia that fell into my hands and listed a large amount of bobbleheads for dirt cheap prices. All unopened, still in the box. I've had two of them returned to me because "item is not as described" and a pinkie finger or piece of the stand will be chipped/broken. Ebay does not allow you to really fight any type of return notice other than escalating directly to them, so I basically got to eat shit on my first re-exposure to the website because someone thought the pinkie being chipped on a collectible fucking bobblehead meant that it's not worth the $5 they paid for it.

Reluctantly, I also put a couple of LPs and CDs that were selling for rather cheap on ebay as well. One recently sold. Pulled it from my collection to send and noticed that the CD insert had a crack on it. No big deal to me (or I'd think most collectors), I just swapped a blank disc tray into it from an old computer CD-ROM. Lo and behold, return request because the tray that I included says "two disc" for the PC ROM that I sent. "WHERES THE SECOND DISC?!" Look up the album online, there's about 40 pressings, none with a second disc. Offer this, ebay still sides with the buyer.

Fuck ebay in it's little corporate asshole. Back to the cogs.
JustCallMeBill

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wirelessdarkness wrote:
Okay. Momentary rant.

I've used Discogs for maybe six years now and haven't used eBay in nearly as long. Everybody I know gives me a sideways look and asks if I've ever had a problem with Discogs and no, I've had miles more issues with the bay than anything I've ever encountered on Discogs, surprisingly.

Example. I recently created a new account to sell some sports memorabilia that fell into my hands and listed a large amount of bobbleheads for dirt cheap prices. All unopened, still in the box. I've had two of them returned to me because "item is not as described" and a pinkie finger or piece of the stand will be chipped/broken. Ebay does not allow you to really fight any type of return notice other than escalating directly to them, so I basically got to eat shit on my first re-exposure to the website because someone thought the pinkie being chipped on a collectible fucking bobblehead meant that it's not worth the $5 they paid for it.

Reluctantly, I also put a couple of LPs and CDs that were selling for rather cheap on ebay as well. One recently sold. Pulled it from my collection to send and noticed that the CD insert had a crack on it. No big deal to me (or I'd think most collectors), I just swapped a blank disc tray into it from an old computer CD-ROM. Lo and behold, return request because the tray that I included says "two disc" for the PC ROM that I sent. "WHERES THE SECOND DISC?!" Look up the album online, there's about 40 pressings, none with a second disc. Offer this, ebay still sides with the buyer.

Fuck ebay in it's little corporate asshole. Back to the cogs.

Discogs seems to be more about the end user, happy to accept a few imperfections as they intend on playing it anyhow, eBay though, in my experience has too many gimps & hipsters wanting an iconic item to wank over rather than play. If the corners of the sleeve don't match a 90 degree angle they'll open a dispute
K.D.S.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with both of you, in fact it's why I stopped selling on eBay 7-8 years ago. Just ran into one too many entitled, whiny spastic throwing tantrums when a jewelcase was slightly scuffed (not even broken, maybe just a few scratches from storage on the outer surface, something I would totally not be bothered with if I purchased a second hand CD listed as VG+ for a few bucks). Never mind the buyers who start asking about tracking numbers or even refunds after not having received their record four days after shipment.

Not saying it was all bad but I definitely prefer Discogs, despite its flaws. The observation that most of the users there are happy to accept minor imperfections since they intend to actually play the records they purchase instead of storing them for collections' sake has been very accurate indeed, at least to me. I mean I'd never deliberately fuck someone over by selling them substandard goods, at least not without explicitly mentioning any flaws, but there have been several occasions in eBay transactions where I seriously didn't even understand how anything I shipped would fail to meet anyone's requirements. If I purchase a second hand record I'd normally expect that it shows some minor signs of having been previously used. Whatever, it's a record, that's what it's for.

Here's a contribution to the thread. Would be more appropriate if this actually sold (listing a record at an extortionally high price way above market value is dumb, but the true insanity lies in someone actually purchasing said record), but man, some people are really reaching..

https://www.ebay.nl/itm/Uncle-acid-and-the-deadbeats-Vol-1-die-hard-Friends-and-family/113259393245?hash=item1a5ec930dd:g:fwYAAOSwN~ZborWe:rk:1:pf:0
NuclearGoatVomit

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it has free postage at least Laughing
K.D.S.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point, in that case I'm gonna post that link in the Go get it now thread, what a steal! Laughing
Hidden38

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys the savings are unbelievable here! 277 GBP off the regular price of these recently released vinyl! Great deal! Cool

RottingGrandmaCorpse

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hidden38 wrote:
Guys the savings are unbelievable here! 277 GBP off the regular price of these recently released vinyl! Great deal! Cool

Like seriously, all that effort to F5 then take a pic then Paypal then print labels then ship again. Just get a fucking 2nd job. Rolling Eyes
K.D.S.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.ebay.nl/itm/BLACK-MAGICK-SS-kaleidoscope-dreams-LP-VINYL-VERSION-WATAIN-GOATMOON/323487475588?hash=item4b515b2784:g:KJcAAOSwme1buh-f:rk:4:pf:0

Well, damn. Still more than a day left as well.
NuclearGoatVomit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting phenomenon. Two years ago I was trying to sell my entire BMSS collection including all EPs, all demo tapes and the compilation CD + that white t-shirt and couldn't sell it for many months and look what happens now....I even gave away some of the stuff to a friend instead of selling it.
Jorm

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WATAIN GOATMOON Laughing

I saw your collection for sale NuclearGoatVomit and was surprised it remained for sale for so long...
Marlboro

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Athalwolf-Wolf-night-300-copies-Goatmoon-peste-noire-/183466999025?ul_noapp=true&nma=true&si=lVrih4B7%252BLkiecI4VOhQ4os3jA0%253D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
amon-goethe

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marlboro wrote:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Athalwolf-Wolf-night-300-copies-Goatmoon-peste-noire-/183466999025?ul_noapp=true&nma=true&si=lVrih4B7%252BLkiecI4VOhQ4os3jA0%253D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

To be fair I bought this recently from the trade section because the album is fucking great. A European seller turned me down flat for about the same amount that this ended up through 36 bids on eBay. I got it from an American for about $40 after all. My point is that the bidding started low and got up to 60 euro, and that there's people who consider even that amount as ludicrous on the trade section here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 402, 403, 404 ... 406, 407, 408  Next
Page 403 of 408

Jump to: