P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Subcide

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:15 pm    Post subject: Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls Reply with quote

I'm as optimistic as a devout christian who has discovered a new chapter of the bible is to be published....

Taken from: http://ironmaiden.com/new-iron-maiden-studio-album-the-book-of-souls.html

The stunning cover art was created by Mark Wilkinson, who has worked with the band previously, and because this 11-track album has a total running time of 92 minutes, it is IRON MAIDEN’s first ever double studio album. There’s a broader split on the songwriting compared to previous Maiden records, with bassist and founder member Steve Harris contributing to seven of the tracks; 6 of them with Maiden’s guitarists and one sole composition. This is also the first time since 1984’s Powerslave that an IRON MAIDEN studio album also features two tracks written solely by Bruce Dickinson, one of which is the longest song Maiden has ever recorded! And also two Dickinson/Smith collaborations.

Steve comments,

“We approached this album in a different way to how we’ve recorded previously. A lot of the songs were actually written while we were there in the studio and we rehearsed and recorded them straight away while they were still fresh, and I think that immediacy really shows in the songs, they have almost a live feel to them, I think. I’m very proud of The Book Of Souls, we all are, and we can’t wait for our fans to hear it, and especially to take it out on the road next year!”

Bruce continues,

“We’re really excited about The Book Of Souls and had a fantastic time creating it. We started working on the album in late summer 2014 and recorded it at Guillame Tell Studios in Paris, where we’d done the Brave New World album back in 2000 so the studio holds special memories for all of us. We were delighted to discover the same magical vibe is still alive and very much kicking there! So we immediately felt at home and the ideas just started flowing. By the time we’d finished we all agreed that each track was such an integral part of the whole body of work that if it needed to be a double album, then double its going to be!”

The full tracklisting is:

Disc 1
1. If Eternity Should Fail (Dickinson) 8:28
2. Speed Of Light (Smith/ Dickinson) 5:01
3. The Great Unknown (Smith/ Harris) 6:37
4. The Red And The Black (Harris) 13:33
5. When The River Runs Deep (Smith/ Harris) 5:52
6. The Book Of Souls (Gers/ Harris) 10:27

Disc 2
7. Death Or Glory (Smith/ Dickinson) 5:13
8. Shadows Of The Valley (Gers/ Harris) 7:32
9. Tears Of A Clown (Smith/ Harris) 4:59
10. The Man Of Sorrows (Murray/ Harris) 6:28
11. Empire Of The Clouds (Dickinson) 18:01

Formats:
2CD deluxe hardbound book limited edition
2CD standard edition
Triple heavyweight black vinyl
High res audio (24-bit Mastered for ITunes and non-Mastered for iTunes)
Standard res audio (16 bit/ 44.1 kHz)

The Book Of Souls is the band’s 16th studio album since their eponymous debut in 1980 charted at #4 in the UK, in a career achieving sales of over 90 million albums worldwide. Their previous album, 2010’s The Final Frontier was Maiden’s most successful chart-wise to date, reaching Number One in 28 countries and was their highest chart debut in the U.S reaching #4 in the Billboard 200.

Due to Bruce’s illness the band had to delay touring plans but promise to be out on the road again early next year, giving time for Bruce to make a full physical recovery to be ready for the rigours of Maiden live performances.
Too Dark Park

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea if you are keen or not Confused
Did you see them in Auckland last time?
Alveus Lacuna

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really miss when this band understood the importance of concision. Every album just keeps getting longer and longer and longer. I doubt this is really a "double album", rather just the worst attempt at a regular album that has turned into the longest regular album ever.
holy ghost

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds FUCKING AWESOME Twisted Evil

I really like the post 2k albums. Totally fuckin' excited for NINETY TWO MINUTES of more Maiden.

Killer stuff.....
Scott

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A near 20 minute track. Album could be pretty adventurous from the sounds of it.
holy ghost

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two thoughts

It would be fucking awesome if The Red and the Black was a BOC cover

Fucking lol at how iTunes gets a "24 bit" master at 128kb
Subcide

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too Dark Park wrote:
I have no idea if you are keen or not Confused
Did you see them in Auckland last time?

Yeah I did. Awesome as always. I'd seen them twice on the same tour (Somewhere Back In Time 08/09) a year earlier in Sydney. The first night was the best. I's been waiting 22 years since I was 15 y/o to see them. Was a dream finally realised.

Re the new album - Yes I am keen. I don't anticipate another Powerslave though.
Moonthorn

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though this album is something I'm very much looking forward to, my expectations aren't high in the clouds but more of the realistic sort. As with all the other Maiden albums created by this so-called super line-up I know there will be a couple of great songs, some decent ones and then some fillers. Anything beyond that is naturally positive, and somewhere back in my mind I'm still entertaining the idea that this might actually turn out to be killer album throughout. The duration of the more epic tracks is a bit worrying as they may very well sound dragged out as has been the case with many such songs in the more recent Maiden catalogue. But then again, if inspiration behind these monoliths has been of the more genuine kind, we might be getting something special. At this point everything is naturally just speculation and in that sense rather pointless, but with a band of this caliber it's kind of fun to some extent. Mandatory, even!

As for the facts already known, it's great to see at long last an Iron Maiden album cover that actually looks good! I haven't really liked any of them after Fear of the Dark but this one has a nice ominous vibe and a natural feel to it.
Tireheb

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those track lenghts do not promise anything good. And still Shirley producing...
Xeniteia

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alveus Lacuna wrote:
I really miss when this band understood the importance of concision. Every album just keeps getting longer and longer and longer. I doubt this is really a "double album", rather just the worst attempt at a regular album that has turned into the longest regular album ever.

This was the problem with Brave New World already. This and the abomination of an album that followed made me avoid listening to their later records. I guess they're still a fabulous live band, though.
Speerhead

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holy ghost wrote:

Fucking lol at how iTunes gets a "24 bit" master at 128kb

It's 256kbps now, get with the times! Apple surely have Laughing
PeterVenkman

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've enjoyed all the post 2000 stuff, looking forward to hearing this.
Psalmanazar

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

May Eddie be shiny and chrome!

So Maiden saw Mad Max 4.
GoatSe

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic news!

Track lenghts a little bit scary, true. And the cover is pretty ugly. Still going to order it when available.
vladoslayer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where I can preorder vinyl?

Saw on amazon.co.uk but unavailable for now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 1 of 19

Jump to: