P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

MAIL
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CR99

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my semi village's post sucks anyway, maybe it's them again
Reaper's Grave

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolfram wrote:
Christmass delays with the mail were the worst EVER this year..

I dunno about that. While my wholesales for Children of Technology from IRON BONEHEAD germany took a little over a month from mid december, a week after I made that order, I did a trade with ALUCARD RECS greece and it arrived a day after new years.

Everything locally and abroad i traded and has been traded to me in very quick times, only issue i had was when a guy bought some stuff and gave me the wrong address, it got returned to me, and i told him, he gave me his new address and got it in 2 days, so i think the rush has died. Everything's taking decent time.

I have 7'' EP coming from Czech Republic, so hoping their post will be fast enough. It's coming registered which should help as well
J001

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:59 am    Post subject: Re: MAIL Reply with quote

Endless Morbidity wrote:
Is the mail fucked up or something lately? It's been slow as hell for me and I sent something to somebody in a Priority Flat Rate box and they're saying they never got it. It was about 2 weeks ago too.

Only once have I experienced a problem with Priority Mail getting "lost".

No problems for me (as far as I know) and I've been mailing quite a bit of domestic mail recently. I know for a fact that I sent a priority box across the US on the 19th and it was there on the 22nd

My guess is theres no delay if 2 weeks has passed. It's lost/stolen (maybe even "stolen" by the actual person you sent it to?). Without that confirmation there is NO way to know anything!

Here are some stories/ideas that might not help!

Last year I sent a shirt in a priority envelope to Brooklyn and it was returned to me a week or two later taped shut. The shirt was gone but the recipient's moms bills and magazine were inside!! Hahaha, who knows what happened. Some jungle-jones must have crept up to the mail box or front door. They got a free Darkthrone shirt! What did they think was inside, cash?!! Very Happy
...I contacted the buyer to tell him. But what could he do? Hold me responsible? Haha, I had his Mom's mail so it was clear I had sent him something. I sent the mail back and he paid for another shirt. Which arrived fine!

Another time I sent LPs to Spain (no tracking, no registered etc..) I wrote the address with a sharpie on top of clear tape which ended up rubing off during delivery! I was so lucky it ended up being returned to me (marked return to sender from Spain!) you could barley make out my address and the buyers address was totally wiped off! ALWAYS WRITE THE ADDRESS BEFORE USING THE TAPE!! If the post office cant read either address they can not send/return it!

And lastly, if for some reason the post office could not deliver the item. If it's larger than the persons mail box, not home or an apartment, secure complex or special instructions the post driver will leave an orange color tag telling you to pick up the package at the local post office. Tags can easily blow away in the wind or put at the wrong house! I had mail waiting at the post office I didnt even know about. What a fucking hastle trying to pick up your mail w/o a tag! LOL!
J001

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ps: have your guys in the USA seen the new customs forms for internationl mailing? (the most common little green&white kind you use for under 4lbs)

They are 3 or 4 page copies and you get to keep a copy of your own now. But it looks like they require a little more info.

Guess if you have not seen them yet , you'll see them soon...
adrian5118

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J001 wrote:
ps: have your guys in the USA seen the new customs forms for internationl mailing? (the most common little green&white kind you use for under 4lbs)

They are 3 or 4 page copies and you get to keep a copy of your own now. But it looks like they require a little more info.

Hmmm, cool! I be at the Post Office tomorrow specially for that.
http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=840646#840646
Tireheb

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:32 am    Post subject: Re: MAIL Reply with quote

Endless Morbidity wrote:
Is the mail fucked up or something lately

Definately but mainly the effect shows on how slow the stuff from US comes. All the packages from US have taken from 1,5 week to 2,5 week to arrive when usually it's just a week. Yesterday I got no mail at all because of the ridiculous weather! Laughing

"You can't hide the hook!"
The_Elite

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:18 am    Post subject: Re: MAIL Reply with quote

Tireheb wrote:
Yesterday I got no mail at all because of the ridiculous weather! Laughing

But you genuinely have ridiculous weather at the moment- in London we get no mail if it snows a bit, or rains too much, or if it's too hot. All English post workers are lazy.
Asphyxiation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Austrian Mail also sucks right now, just so fucking sloooooooooow.

100% SNAIL MAIL... Rolling Eyes
morbid palace

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:34 am    Post subject: Re: MAIL Reply with quote

Tireheb wrote:
Endless Morbidity wrote:
Is the mail fucked up or something lately

Definately but mainly the effect shows on how slow the stuff from US comes. All the packages from US have taken from 1,5 week to 2,5 week to arrive when usually it's just a week. Yesterday I got no mail at all because of the ridiculous weather! Laughing

just lost kaamos -curse of aeons 10" in the mail from USA....fucking sucks Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
slayerduqc

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered a shirt from the Virgin Steele's website in mid december (shipped on dec. 17th) and it still didn't arrive as of today....
that's a long ass time for USA - CAN

Anybody here ordered from Virgin Steele before?
Wilhelm

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J001 wrote:

Seen them. Haven't really investigated them further but needless to say the tracking system going overseas from the USA fucking blows. You can track those numbers on a standard customs slip now too until they leave the country (but not out of country, and that blows even more).

Go brush your doll's hair.
Reaper's Grave

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stand corrected. I've had a recent issue arise with the mail. My tickets for Headbangers Open Air never arrived as according to plan, it's been 45 days now, they're coming from germany since a couple weeks before christmas.

Thomas says he's looking into it however since he agrees it should have arrived a couple weeks ago at the latest.
Karan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 3 packages happily in NY for like 10 days there....is a storm in there going on like in SF or snow too hard or what? Strike? Aliens took the mail office (oh, that was in MIB II)? On the other side, I have a package dilvered form USA to Mexico in just 5 days...5 days...is the world coming to an end? Is this one of those signals the Mayans predicted? Damn...
IXTAB
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karan wrote:
I have 3 packages happily in NY for like 10 days there....is a storm in there going on like in SF or snow too hard or what? Strike? Aliens took the mail office (oh, that was in MIB II)? On the other side, I have a package dilvered form USA to Mexico in just 5 days...5 days...is the world coming to an end? Is this one of those signals the Mayans predicted? Damn...

In my experience, parcels coming from Mexico sit in customs in NYC forever. They must assume you are sending drugs.
3. Memes
4. Ebonics

e-mail ixtab[at]nwnprod[dot]com regarding forum account activation or problems
In Solitude

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not having any issues with receiving, either domestic or international. Haven't seen the new customs forms either, but good to know.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: