P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

KAWIR To Uranus CD + DVD out NOW - 2010
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Noel

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm talking about the new album. I don't know if this new album and the 4-way split are from the same session, as I haven't listened to the latter.
When I write viking, don't think the usual crap some are trying to label their stuff as viking though. There are a couple of songs on the album , slower ones, which made me think about that, yet I'm very bad at labelling music myself. It's a very good new album, and I was surprised the band could evolve that much as I didn't think they would.
LuiSlayer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have any idea of a release date for the album?
Noel

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noel wrote:

Don't ask about release date, I'm not releasing this one.

passetiermes

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noel wrote:

When I write viking, don't think the usual crap some are trying to label their stuff as viking though. There are a couple of songs on the album , slower ones, which made me think about that, yet I'm very bad at labelling music myself. It's a very good new album, and I was surprised the band could evolve that much as I didn't think they would.

Based on this new song;
http://www.extremewebs.es/deathrune/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=37&Itemid=29
I can understand why you mentioned vikings. I liked the previous studio clips of the new material, this I'm not sure yet because it doesn't reek Greece anymore.
As for signing to Deathrune records... Well whatever, let's hope they find what they are looking for.
I just realized that I never sent the tape to you, that will be corrected this week! It has been sitting in my shelf packed for some months already. Seems like I Matei'ed things here.
Shiru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

passetiermes wrote:
Noel wrote:

Based on this new song;
http://www.extremewebs.es/deathrune/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=37&Itemid=29
I can understand why you mentioned vikings. I liked the previous studio clips of the new material, this I'm not sure yet because it doesn't reek Greece anymore.
As for signing to Deathrune records... Well whatever, let's hope they find what they are looking for.
I just realized that I never sent the tape to you, that will be corrected this week! It has been sitting in my shelf packed for some months already. Seems like I Matei'ed things here.

strange choice
Noel

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

passetiermes wrote:
Noel wrote:

Based on this new song;

Ah yeah, totally forgot about that tape! Please check your email as I'm not sure which address I gave you previously, and I have moved recently.

Yeah it sounds a little bit less Greek indeed. Still a strong album I think. Not my favourite of theirs but Therthonax riffing is definitely still there (and forever will be, he's a riff machine). And the drum production has improved for sure, yet overall, it may sound a little bit overproduced , at least from what they have done previously. However, it's an evolution I wouldn't have predicted and I was surprised in a good way when I heard the master.

About KAWIR's choice of signing to Deathrune, well I couldn't match Deathrune budget for the KAWIR record, and they got a great deal so I can't blame them.

By the way, we will release a set of 6 KAWIR lps with all the recordings from To Cavirs up to and including To Uranus, along with unreleased tracks + a booklet with extensive interview and pictures. No date of course, since gathering all these elements take time.
LuiSlayer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noel wrote:

By the way, we will release a set of 6 KAWIR lps with all the recordings from To Cavirs up to and including To Uranus, along with unreleased tracks + a booklet with extensive interview and pictures. No date of course, since gathering all these elements take time.

This has to be the best thing I read in a while! But is this going to be a box or the LPs will come individually?
Noel

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both will be possible.
However, the zine will be with the set only, since it spans their whole career.
LuiSlayer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noel wrote:
Both will be possible.
However, the zine will be with the set only, since it spans their whole career.

Thanks. I'll just signed in for the newsletter to be informed in time about this one.
Shiru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noel wrote:

About KAWIR's choice of signing to Deathrune, well I couldn't match Deathrune budget for the KAWIR record, and they got a great deal so I can't blame them.

Just was a bit srrange to read cause all time people speak how Deathrune sucks... though if people speak it doesnt make it true
Longinus

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, that's a huge conspiracy against Death to Mankind/Deathrune/etc... Haha.

By the way, I heard about a 4 way split between KAWIR, NERGAL, EMBRACE OF THORNS and SOULSKINNER, which might be released on Hammer of Hate. But can't find any news about that.
Shiru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Longinus wrote:
No, that's a huge conspiracy against Death to Mankind/Deathrune/etc... Haha.

By the way, I heard about a 4 way split between KAWIR, NERGAL, EMBRACE OF THORNS and SOULSKINNER, which might be released on Hammer of Hate. But can't find any news about that.

Something says me it will takes really while
Noel

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shiru wrote:
Noel wrote:

Just was a bit srrange to read cause all time people speak how Deathrune sucks... though if people speak it doesnt make it true

I can't speak about that myself. All I know is that the deal was interesting for the band and it was logic they took it.
Somberlain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LuiSlayer wrote:
Noel wrote:

This has to be the best thing I read in a while! But is this going to be a box or the LPs will come individually?

Fuck yeah !!! I was wondering when something like that would happen ! And after getting your Nehemah box im sure you are up for the task and that you will do an excellent job !
Shiru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noel wrote:
Shiru wrote:
Noel wrote:

I can't speak about that myself. All I know is that the deal was interesting for the band and it was logic they took it.

yep would be strange if band on purpose would take wrong deal... it just interesting Matei is from time bashed there pretty badly here, but good bands keeps signing on this label again and again Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: