P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Thrash
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FallenChrist

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conservationist wrote:
FallenChrist wrote:
You're comments pertaining to German, a language you know nothing about, reveal your political agenda.

You didn't even spell "your" right.

There is no political agenda to mentioning the IE language group. It's historical fact.

Yeah, I sound stupid when I make a typo, yet you don't when you spout off a list of false information.

Just so you know:

1) Latin IS a romance language, in fact, it is the mother language to all other romance languages (i.e. Italian, Spanish, etc. or in retarded non-scientific terms "those languages that sound good").

2) Your idea that PIE splits into German-like languages and romance languages is ill-informed. Here is a chart that shows the actual situation

3) English is not all that recent, it goes back 1500 years, and the age of a language does not effect the rate at which it changes. Fully developed languages don't just appear ex nihilo anyway, they evolve gradually out of others.

4) The grammar of German is NOT more complex than any other language, it may be more dissimilar to English than say Spanish, but both grammars are impossibly complex (as are all grammars of the world). There is no full account of ANY language's grammar, English included, so at this point we are hardly at liberty to call one language more complex than another.

5) Spanish, very basic tenses? Does German have a distinct present progressive? Not last time I checked. Spanish has more tenses than German, and verbal aspect in Spanish is significantly harder for most people to master.

6) In what way does the speech of those who are at a higher educational level more closely resemble German? I know you're full of shit, but it'll be fun to watch you squirm out of this. Be specific... I want to hear the shared syntactic/morphological features between the two.

7) Proto-Indo-European is a reconstructed language (meaning we have absolutely no record of it, written or otherwise). It was reverse-engineered in a sense, so of course we can match those roots by a process of "sound transliteration" (that's how we generated them in the first place).

8 ) There are at most 1000 strongly attested PIE roots (cf. the hundreds of thousands of words in English). Take any text and do the etymologies for each word; at max you'll be able to trace 10% of those words back to their PIE roots. Moreover, the sounds we postulate as belonging to the phonetic inventory of PIE are radically different. Ever heard of the Great Vowel Shift in English? That happened a mere 400 years ago.

9) Establishing a Universal Grammar has been one of the main efforts of everyone from Saussure to Chomsky to Pinker. Their self-admitted lack of success thus far discredits your statement. The idea of UG is plausible, but we haven't reached a very great point of understanding yet.

Also, make up your mind. Are you going to laud higher learner or claim that it is bunk?

Quote:
Nietzsche wrote very convincingly about such people in academia.

Quote:
mainly because their professors didn't get to that yet.

Quote:
people who went through the educational system at a higher level than most, you'll see their grammar & sentence ordering is recognizably related to German.
Crepuscolar

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thrash rules!
FallenChrist

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kojiri wrote:
FallenChrist wrote:
Conservationist wrote:
Complete crock of shit

Things to ponder.

Everything you just said is so infuriatingly wrong that it doesn't merit a response. You're comments pertaining to German, a language you know nothing about, reveal your political agenda. If ever there was such a thing as pseudo-linguistics, you have just exemplified it. Everyone here already knew that you're a faggot, but, at least for me, this display has brought your pathetic, sheepish behavior to a new height.

What do you expect from a discheeple of Anus?

On the other hand, you exemplify clarity, and are an awesome douche-dispatcher... and I'm not just saying this because we may be stuck in a car together in late March. Wink

I do what I can, haha. Btw, I am still very much down for this trip and excited to see OFC.
dalecooper

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FallenChrist wrote:

Also, make up your mind. Are you going to laud higher learner or claim that it is bunk?

He's going to do whichever is convenient to him at the moment, of course. Laughing
Pro Abortion

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FallenChrist wrote:

'cause you can only do one or the other
Dodens Grav

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DRI would think this conversation is gay. Nor would Euronymous approve.
PxRxPx

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Milano would call you all Nerd-fags, then he'd fart on you.

edit: also, this.

banned

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pro Abortion wrote:
FallenChrist wrote:

'cause you can only do one or the other

Yep. It's impossible that someone could think some of what goes on in academia is legit, and selectively reject other parts. Can't be done!
Wraith

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IIIRD GATEKEEPER wrote:
I'd rather refer to Cryptic Slaughter as fuckin' great. The re-release of Convicted with the '85 demo is so awesome, and the demo sounds A LOT like Repulsion. That should go down with anyone who's not into crossover/thrash/HC that much... sick and filthy

Hm, I bought "Money Talks" months ago and I don't really like it, maybe because of the voice. Or is this one of their weaker releases?

It's strange because I love stuff like Wehrmacht, especially Shark Attack.
Teh_gei_Master

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wraith wrote:
IIIRD GATEKEEPER wrote:
I'd rather refer to Cryptic Slaughter as fuckin' great. The re-release of Convicted with the '85 demo is so awesome, and the demo sounds A LOT like Repulsion. That should go down with anyone who's not into crossover/thrash/HC that much... sick and filthy

Hm, I bought "Money Talks" months ago and I don't really like it, maybe because of the voice. Or is this one of their weaker releases?

Definitely not. Their first two albums are equally amazing. I'd say Cryptic Slaughter is much more hardcore punk than metal (though that shit ain't important).
PANZERBASTARD

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

O.k.-back on topic
EXCEL
BEOWULF
NO MERCY
LOS CYCOS
The 'Welcome To Venice' comp. was killer skate thrash.
And don't forget the THRASHER MAGAZINE tape cop\mps either.That was classic thrash punk.
Conservationist
banned

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teh_gei_Master wrote:
Their first two albums are equally amazing.

Convicted and Money Talks are essential. Half-metal, half-punk.
IIIRD GATEKEEPER

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wraith wrote:

Convicted is my personal favourite but can't say Money Talks is much weaker. If you don't like the voice there's not much you can do about it. Smile

TURN THE LIGHT OFF
OBEY THE MEGAGOAL
PANZERBASTARD

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LIFE SENTENCE
BEYOND POSSESSION
GANG GREEN
PSYCHO
CANCEROUS GROWTH
PANZERBASTARD

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LIFE SENTENCE
BEYOND POSSESSION
GANG GREEN
PSYCHO
CANCEROUS GROWTH
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: