P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Drinklist!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 245, 246, 247, 248, 249  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Unmakable

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boy, I bet that rotten sperm and vomit really hit the spot Laughing
BREW HAMMER

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unmakable wrote:

Many complain about the bitterness of hops, I can't imagine how rotten sperm and vomit would be received.
Shadows...

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rthdx wrote:
rthdx wrote:
List of drinks & schedule (excel file) for BCD2018 has been provided. Neutral 650 sorts in 2 days this year. Crying or Very sad

Did this selection specially for our local cider-guru:

Will definitely process some of those in the beginning of each day... Razz

That's quite some cider list.
I had to throw 80 litres of cider down the drain since i'd used far too many cooking apples and it was basically glorified vinegar HAH.

What have you been drinking lately?
Back on the Gwatkins - Norman Cider here 20 litre bag in box - 7.5%
Very sweet cider. http://gwatkincider.co.uk/product/norman-cider/

"Hopped Cider" hah ..is this the new trend or something?
I like my cider simple and without any new additions.
I will oak barrel the cider i make this year hopefully in whiskey or rum casks providing i can make enough cider to warrant an oak vat.
Xeniteia

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BREW HAMMER wrote:
Unmakable wrote:

Many complain about the bitterness of hops, I can't imagine how rotten sperm and vomit would be received.

Laughing

The IPA trend sucks anyway. It's like 80% of the new beers I taste rely only on hops for the taste.

These days, and I avoid drinking everyday, it's Warsteiner. This was my first German beer and it still tastes quite decent these days.
rthdx

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shadows... wrote:
That's quite some cider list.
I had to throw 80 litres of cider down the drain since i'd used far too many cooking apples and it was basically glorified vinegar HAH.

Sad story, but proper result comes with experience indeed...
Shadows... wrote:
What have you been drinking lately?

Believe that or not - tea. Cool Week after Walpurgis was utterly harsh (last half of it mainly vodka in one snout), and the whole May is utterly packed with important happenings, so I have to switch to maximum self-control mode. Did a bit of Belorussian calvados in Minsk last weekend and their local craft "cider" called "Brain Explosion" from local brewery Taler. Really weird and utterly unfiltered brew, in between beer and cider, but very refreshing, liked that much!
Shadows... wrote:
Hopped Cider" hah ..is this the new trend or something?
I like my cider simple and without any new additions.

You may like that or not but craft brews theme has attracted many hipsters so any sorts of perversions are happening. Trends may change couple times a season, heh. But since there are tons of alternatives to choose from I hardly give a fuck, no-one force me to buy/drink something I feel unacceptable.

Btw, here is updated interactive scheme with most up-to-date "line-up" for BCD - http://aka.ms/bcd4 - you can filter off by styles and sort by breweries. Much more representative than plain xls table and gives more overview to the scale of tragedy...
youtube
discogs
Shadows...

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tea? fair enough.
Yep , seemingly a lot of hipster types brewing in London too ..(a whole load of breweries have popped up in the last few years around east london) I don't care who drinks what but when things start becoming over-priced and seemingly pretentious i tend to switch off. I can get the best cider in this country (or pretty much) for about £1.50 a pint so i don't need some college kid trying to sell me cider that's apparently "artisan" hah. (and double the price for a 33cl can) The best stuff over here comes from farmers who have had years of experience. Frank Naish was in his 80's and still making cider , it's something that is learned over years of knowing your crop/harvest etc...anyway, never-mind. A lot of these hipster types do make a fair Stout though ..i tried a great Mocha Milk Stout from a Scottish brewery.

Have you tried many of the ciders from that list you showed?
If ever i manage to make a decent cider i'll try and ship you some.
rthdx

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shadows... wrote:
Have you tried many of the ciders from that list you showed?

Certainly not, as absolute most of the list do not exist in bottled form (or at least not well-distributed), "St. Anton" being the only exception. I'll do my best to check all brut/dry positions, barrel aged is quite promising as well as smoked one. And chili cider out of plain perversity. Smile
Shadows... wrote:
If ever i manage to make a decent cider i'll try and ship you some.

Unfortunately it seems unbearable to ship drinks to Russia, regular post do not do that and UPS/TNT/etc rates make sense if bottle is few hundreds worth, at least...
youtube
discogs
Buried In Ohio

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A buddy scored a few tickets to this years Dark Lord Day at Three Floyds so I'll be attending that tomorrow. This is the first time I've gone since they moved it to mid may so I'm excited to not be standing around in 40 degree rain. Not as excited for the inevitable standing in line all day but I'm bringing a bottle of Jester King Black Metal and Surly Darkness I've been saving for a few years for bottle sharing. Should ease the pain a little bit.
Buried In Ohio

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Lord day was a blast! By far the best year I've gone. The fact that the event is cashless now and everything is paid for with wrist bands really helps to cut down on the lines. As well as the previously mentioned bottles, I had several drafts of dark lord (both this years and previous years), a bottle of 2013 dark lord another friend brought, plus a bunch of other random beers. There was also free Dark Matter cold brew and espresso, which I probably had about 6 of. Definitely came in handy when drinking 14% beers all day!

A friend of mine who works for the prop department in movies and television made a gigantic foam dark lord helmet for the event. Here's a photo of me wearing it with him on the left. Such a fun day, hope to be able to go again next year!

rthdx

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:40 pm    Post subject: Big Craft Day 2018 Reply with quote

BCD on 18-19 May was a blast. Managed to attend the first and second half of second day and not to continue to drink on the third! Cool Grand thanx AL-LA-ShT-ORR for Bolivian stuFFF! Was plenty dudes & hoes in BM-shirts, especially on the second day, was even guy from India, who few days later WON a ticket to our fest done on 25th, a hell of coincidence if you ask me. Will definitely go to BCD 2019 if will be still on my 2 legs. And certainly recommend to visit on opportunity.

youtube
discogs
Fomalhaut

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since my recent visit to Latvia, I've become quite fond of a shot of this stuff as a nightcap. I may have to buy more soon.

BurdenEradication

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craft beer brewed in Ontario is the best I've ever had, but most notably, Bellwoods Brewery in Toronto is some of the tastiest ale you will ever enjoy. Every drink they make blows your runner up beer out of the water- I promise.

Aside from elite ontario craft ale, I recently had a IIPA from a New Zealand brewery that certainly did the trick. Renaissance Brewing's Enlightenment Boom! IIPA. That is some good shit, mate.

Craft beer or fuck right off! I've more or less sworn off "mainstream" beer unless I am truly fucking broke...where there's a Beer Store, there's a way.
sloughfegkillers

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BurdenEradication wrote:
Craft beer brewed in Ontario is the best I've ever had, but most notably, Bellwoods Brewery in Toronto is some of the tastiest ale you will ever enjoy. Every drink they make blows your runner up beer out of the water- I promise.

Aside from elite ontario craft ale, I recently had a IIPA from a New Zealand brewery that certainly did the trick. Renaissance Brewing's Enlightenment Boom! IIPA. That is some good shit, mate.

Craft beer or fuck right off! I've more or less sworn off "mainstream" beer unless I am truly fucking broke...where there's a Beer Store, there's a way.

Only thing that stops me from drinking craft beer is the price, some damn tasty stuff that’s for sure. Actually here in Australia they just passed some law to remove some bullshit tax on local brewers to allow them to be competitive price wise...dunno when this is going to kick in but hopefully sooner rather than later.
rthdx

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BurdenEradication wrote:
Craft beer or fuck right off! I've more or less sworn off "mainstream" beer unless I am truly fucking broke...

Well, price is a barrier indeed, but it's fine with me as I'm actually not drinking beer on regular basis since a long ago. If a male drink beer on daily basis after 25-30 there are at least some bad news for the exhibit (if it's not already a pig with female type obesity and decaying sexual activity).
youtube
discogs
rthdx

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Summer, time of refreshing easy-drinks from time to time:

St. Anton Sparkling Extra Brut Cider, 5.5

Made of Russian apples of cider selection (direct squeezed juice), natural carbon dioxide content achieved via secondary fermentation in acratophore (champagne tank method).

The result is extra-soft & extra-dry sparkling stuff which even champagne haters may appreciate.
youtube
discogs
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 245, 246, 247, 248, 249  Next
Page 246 of 249

Jump to: