P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

DEATH BEAT #1 magazine

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
In Solitude



Joined: 10 Sep 2008
Posts: 4924
Location: Seattle

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:16 pm    Post subject: DEATH BEAT #1 magazine Reply with quote

http://deathbeatmagazine.wordpress.com

Death Beat Magazine is a DIY interview magazine written in English. Consisting of four in-depht interviews, selected musicians speak their mind on life, death, music, love, sex and magic. Big and small artists get equal space. There are no photos in Death Beat, nor are the conversations time-bound.

Different musical genres are represented, but the common denominator is the “death beat” –
dödsrytmen – the dangerous, irresistible pulse that flows through the work of all the people interviewed. It is feral, lawless and feels fantastic.

Tom Araya from legendary Slayer longs for the apocalypse and reveals he once came back from the dead.

Soft Moon mainman Luis Vasquez talks about how his difficult upbringing still affects his life and the music he makes.

Electric Wizard‘s riff mistress Liz Buckingham shares what it takes to play in the heaviest band on earth.

And in an interview from 2011, Selim Lemouchi of Devil’s Blood goes deep with thoughts on death – three years before his own life came to an end.

_________________
hymnsoftheneedlefreak wrote:
So good I don't even like talking about it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Speerhead



Joined: 04 Nov 2009
Posts: 1590

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. I need this.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Putrified



Joined: 20 Oct 2011
Posts: 55
Location: Stockholm, Sweden

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:27 am    Post subject: Re: DEATH BEAT #1 magazine Reply with quote

In Solitude wrote:
http://deathbeatmagazine.wordpress.com

Death Beat Magazine is a DIY interview magazine written in English. Consisting of four in-depht interviews, selected musicians speak their mind on life, death, music, love, sex and magic. Big and small artists get equal space. There are no photos in Death Beat, nor are the conversations time-bound.

Different musical genres are represented, but the common denominator is the “death beat” –
dödsrytmen – the dangerous, irresistible pulse that flows through the work of all the people interviewed. It is feral, lawless and feels fantastic.

Tom Araya from legendary Slayer longs for the apocalypse and reveals he once came back from the dead.

Soft Moon mainman Luis Vasquez talks about how his difficult upbringing still affects his life and the music he makes.

Electric Wizard‘s riff mistress Liz Buckingham shares what it takes to play in the heaviest band on earth.

And in an interview from 2011, Selim Lemouchi of Devil’s Blood goes deep with thoughts on death – three years before his own life came to an end.


It should be added that the zine is made by Linnéa Olsson (formerly of The Oath) that has written for Close Up Magazine and Sweden Rock Magazine.
_________________
- Swedish Death/Black Metal -
Infuneral, Flagellated Seraph & Putrified.

Retail/Trade/Wholesale:
http://frozenbloodstore.blogspot.se/
frozenblood.store[AT]gmail.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
In Solitude



Joined: 10 Sep 2008
Posts: 4924
Location: Seattle

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump. I know a few zine maniacs will want to see this.
_________________
hymnsoftheneedlefreak wrote:
So good I don't even like talking about it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BBQ Booking



Joined: 25 Jan 2011
Posts: 1474
Location: New York City

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Electric Assault Records is getting 15 copies of this zine for those in the US.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
In Solitude



Joined: 10 Sep 2008
Posts: 4924
Location: Seattle

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBQ Booking wrote:
Electric Assault Records is getting 15 copies of this zine for those in the US.


Excellent. I PM'ed you.
_________________
hymnsoftheneedlefreak wrote:
So good I don't even like talking about it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lifeless



Joined: 02 Nov 2008
Posts: 2849
Location: torotten, onterror, cuntnada

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

they announced that #2 is out now:

http://deathbeat.bigcartel.com/

I have two extra copies coming to Canada, let me know if anyone local wants one, save on shipping
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
In Solitude



Joined: 10 Sep 2008
Posts: 4924
Location: Seattle

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lifeless wrote:
they announced that #2 is out now:

http://deathbeat.bigcartel.com/

I have two extra copies coming to Canada, let me know if anyone local wants one, save on shipping


GREAT news! Thanks.
_________________
hymnsoftheneedlefreak wrote:
So good I don't even like talking about it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BBQ Booking



Joined: 25 Jan 2011
Posts: 1474
Location: New York City

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lifeless wrote:
they announced that #2 is out now:

http://deathbeat.bigcartel.com/

I have two extra copies coming to Canada, let me know if anyone local wants one, save on shipping


Material World is getting copies for the US.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
lifeless



Joined: 02 Nov 2008
Posts: 2849
Location: torotten, onterror, cuntnada

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have two extras now, in cuntnada
lemme know if you want one
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gabalgabow



Joined: 14 Mar 2009
Posts: 1313
Location: France

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interviews without photos might get boring...?
_________________
Webzine: http://nihilistic-webzine-distro.fr

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/gabalgabow
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
glwdrk



Joined: 03 Jun 2011
Posts: 495

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gabalgabow wrote:
Interviews without photos might get boring...?


No.
_________________
No but please not to form irony band "influence" so call by old "cool" (or so funny in your eyes) cult ok?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Crasse



Joined: 27 Nov 2014
Posts: 1680

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the first issue available somewhere?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group