P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

DISSECTION - "LIVE REBIRTH" Double LP on HRR
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deathdealer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:22 am    Post subject: DISSECTION - "LIVE REBIRTH" Double LP on HRR Reply with quote

From Dissection myspace:

Greetings to all,

we want to inform all of you loyal Dissection fans about the release of "Live Rebirth" (which is the recording of the first comeback concert of Dissection in Stockholm, 30/10/2004), a double gatefold LP (including poster) limited to 1000 copies and printed by High Roller Records from Germany. This is an official release, in a luxury gatefold edition and including an exclusive designed poster, with layout sanctioned by us (Dissection Undead Legion) and splendidly realized by Trident Arts.

This will serve to finally make justice to this release, and we urge you to contact High Roller Records and order directly from them, instead than losing your time and money by supporting other suspect and extremely cheap looking versions which we have seen around on the net..

To order the lp from High Roller Records:

mail: info@high-roller-records.de
web: www.high-roller-records.de
myspace: www.myspace.com/high_roller_records

Blackest regards,

Dissection Undead Legion

Also, an interview with Set concerning the release, from HRR website:

Well, for those in the know the band Dissection definitely does not need an introduction. So we might as well delve straight into the interview I compiled with guitarist Set Teitan. To make one thing clear right at the beginning, the High Roller vinyl issue of "Live Rebirth" has been fully authorized by Dissection's Set Teitan. This was not the case with the CD issue of "Rebirth of Dissection" done by Escapi in 2009. "Live Rebirth" was originally released on CD and DVD in 2006 under a slightly different name. Set explains: "Yes, the release was originally called 'Rebirth of Dissection' and it came out as a DVD of our return gig from 30th of October 2004, as well as in a limited edition of 1,000 copies which included, other than the aforementioned DVD, an audio CD with the concert (with the omission of some tracks, which are now included in the High Roller Records double LP release). The audio CD was then re-released by Escapi (without any advice or approval from the remaining band members) separately last year, still with the omission of some songs and with a really poor and unworthy layout. Now, finally, it will be given some justice through High Roller Records on a majestic gatefold double LP!" So its seems as if Dissection's relationship with Escapi is not the best. Set can confirm that: "I have no relationship with them as they obviously havent kept me updated with their latest CD release (which is by the way fully regular, as its in the contract we signed with them that they would release it on CD/LP), which they released with a layout we didnt approve of, despite me contacting them several times when I found out (on the net) that they were going to release it, which is totally weak and pathetic from their side. There is no monetary gain whatsoever from my or anyone else side in any of this, and my only concern was (and always is and will be) to have a release which would honour the Legacy of Jon Ndtveidt and Dissection, not something made up in an hour by some old fat guy sitting in an office sipping coffee. Unfortunately, some individuals totally unrelated to what the band stood and stands for, and only in it for money, put themselves on our path, but I know that eventually things will be fixed by the spirits that they, in their ignorance and foolishness, dare disturb (see for example the High Roller Records release coming out now with a proper layout ).
On the other hand, Steffen from High Roller Records has been a pleasure working with, as I understand he is a music lover before being a record label manager. The double gatefold LP shall look majestic and monumental, exactly how it was supposed to, thanks to the work put into it by the unique visual talents of Trident Arts (http://www.tridentarts.net/) and myself." Set has more to say regarding the legitimacy of the mentioned release on Escapi: "Well, the problem is that the Escapi release is unfortunately fully legal and follows a contract. What is not normal to me is they didnt even contact any of the remaining members (who by the way have signed their contract, which binds Escapi to inform us of what they do!!) concerning the release, having no say in how it should look like, which songs it should include, and so on. For people with a complete lack of aesthetics and knowledge of what a band stands for is therefore totally impossible to come up with something worthy. That is what, to me, is irregular, wrong and disgusting. The total lack of respect (intentional or not) for Art, by atheists and capitalist pigs."
Despite the mentioned problems Set does rate the actual musical content of "Live Rebirth" highly: "It is a perfect sound picture of what the event in question was all about, and it captures some of its essence on an audio format. In other words, it is what a live release should be all about!" In the past, there have been people speculating about a possible Dissection re-union. According to Set, this will not happen: "No, that shall never, EVER happen. It is just impossible. But, with my involvement within musical work, whatever it is, I do my best to carry on the Spirit."
Dissection was not the end of Set's musical activities. Far from it, as he explains: "I am a permanent live member of the Swedish Satanic Black Metal band Watain (http://templeofwatain.com/) for some years now, and we are getting ready to release a new album (the fourth full length album). It shall set a new standard within Metal, mark my words! I also have taken part in the recordings of the two latest albums of the Swedish band Arckanum ('Antikosmos' and '' for which I wrote the song 'rkyn') (http://www.arckanum.se/ ), as well as an upcoming 7" entitled 'yrmir', for which I wrote the title track. I occasionally play live guitar for the Swedish band Unanimated as well (www.myspace.com/unanimated08)."
Coming back to the legacy of Dissection, does Set think Dissection was Jon Ndtveidt's band or did every musician have equal input? He reflects: "He was the spirit, mastermind and driving force behind the band of course, because Dissection was his creation and channel of spiritual expression. But he also was very open to other members' opinions and eventual inputs, as we were at the same time a band and sharing the exact same goals."
In retrospect, I always wondered: Was Dissection in any way an ideological band? Set Teitan answers without hesitation: "Absolutely! That was, and still is, the whole point with the band and its Return to the scene, and the recording and release of our last album 'Reinkaos', which is nothing else than a Milestone and Masterpiece of Satanic Music. Dissection was and is nothing but a vehicle for channelling and praising the Anti Cosmic Current and the Dark Gods on an audio format. Music is an art form, and like any other art form (be it painting, sculpting, writing, etc.) can and has been used during millennia to pay homage, express and channel the Beauty and Might of ones Gods.
So, to all Dissection supporters, get hold of this release, play it loud and light a black candle to remember and honour Jon Ndtveidt and the Gods he was devoted to! His Spirit lives on and His Legacy shines in Dark Flames!"

Matthias Mader
masters_throne

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no dissection fan at all, but the release schedule is splendid (tyrant, razor)...

= KILL I =
= KILL II =
Vincebus Eruptum

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Their drummer at the time of the "rebirth" was an awful live drummer imo....
Mz412

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We want to Inform all Loyal Dissection Fans that we need more money
from you. So we spent little time for a shitty DLP and will sell it
expensive. As Bonus its material you have also on CD/DVD in several
ways (don't sure if there is a LP also going around?)

Laughing
Yb.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mz412 wrote:

Laughing

This was released on DVD and CD only, but you could only get the CD if you bought the Die Hard DVD (limited to 1000 copies I think).
Scott K

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will definitely buy this.
TheUnborn

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully the sound is as good as on the Live Legacy album.
Mz412

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yb. wrote:
Mz412 wrote:

Laughing

This was released on DVD and CD only, but you could only get the CD if you bought the Die Hard DVD (limited to 1000 copies I think).

i will look at the home of a friend, but he have bought cd and 2 different dvds of this one till now Laughing
Yb.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mz412 wrote:
Yb. wrote:
Mz412 wrote:

Laughing

i will look at the home of a friend, but he have bought cd and 2 different dvds of this one till now Laughing

Ofcourse there's still the Escapi CD that Set is talking about in the first post.
But the band didn't approve that release.
ryan_the_snake

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yb. wrote:
Mz412 wrote:
Yb. wrote:
Mz412 wrote:

Laughing

Ofcourse there's still the Escapi CD that Set is talking about in the first post.
But the band didn't approve that release.

That Escapi CD sucks balls. So cheap. But do we really need another Dissection live album after "Legacy"? Not really I think....
Albin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Razz Albin happy
Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

masters_throne wrote:
no dissection fan at all, but the release schedule is splendid (tyrant, razor)...
+The TANKARD albums finally on vinyl. Fuck yeah!

Regressive Rape MetalPunk: WWW.HEINOUS.BANDCAMP.COM
TheUnborn

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Werewolf wrote:
masters_throne wrote:
+The TANKARD albums finally on vinyl. Fuck yeah!

Every Tankard album isn't top notch, mind you. Wink
Albin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok the price for the black Lp is 20 eu , 22 for the red LP , and 9 euros of postage within europe.

so 31 euros for a double Lp is ridiculous. Everybody know that I'm a Dissection fan but too much is too much.
If I ever get this Lp it will be at a shop for a normal price or in trade.
Scott K

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Albin wrote:
ok the price for the black Lp is 20 eu , 22 for the red LP , and 9 euros of postage within europe.

so 31 euros for a double Lp is ridiculous. Everybody know that I'm a Dissection fan but too much is too much.
If I ever get this Lp it will be at a shop for a normal price or in trade.

Well, it is called "High Roller Records"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: