P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

US vs. Euro t-shirt sizes
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Reaper's Grave

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:41 am    Post subject: US vs. Euro t-shirt sizes Reply with quote

I know there was thread before on it, but i cannot find it. I am buying shirts from Greece, and want to make sure the sizes are correct.

I cannot remember if sizes are larger or smaller, so is a Medium in US equivalent to a Small or Large in European sizes? I originally was thinking small, but i have been told a L in european fits like american M.
vorfeed

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

European shirts are smaller. European M = American S. European L = American M. Etc.
minge-eater

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:44 am    Post subject: Re: US vs. Euro t-shirt sizes Reply with quote

Reaper's Grave wrote:
I know there was thread before on it, but i cannot find it. I am buying shirts from Greece, and want to make sure the sizes are correct.

I cannot remember if sizes are larger or smaller, so is a Medium in US equivalent to a Small or Large in European sizes? I originally was thinking small, but i have been told a L in european fits like american M.

usa ones are bigger

TRUE KVNT
Descension twat of the year
demoniaclord

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hard to say, even in europe the sizes are very different from factory to factory! i'm wearing XL normally but also have some shirts which are L and do fit..
TRADELIST: http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=214511#214511

Good trades/deals with: full, MVIIXIV, Asphyxiation, flo/thrash attack zine, Typhon, Chit019. Nosliw, probert, Beraht
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no perfect and accurate method except to ask the distro or seller to send a measurement from the shirt.

Places like VAN records, and Hammer of Hate I ended up ordering a second shirt at XXL due to their XL fitting more like a L here (Canada).

Other places like Osmose, I have taken the chance and went as large as they had (XL) and the shirt was fine.

Quite often I end up giving the too tight shirt to my girlfriend. It sucks and a lot of money has been wasted on shirts I wanted bad to only get a shirt that looks painted on... no thanks.

In other cases though the shirt body has been a great fit, however the sleeves have been skin tight or just shoulder cups, which instantly get the scissor treatment and turned into sleeveless t's.

Once again, yea. If you cannot risk the risk I would suggest trying to ask the merchant for some measurements first. Generally a seller is amicable enough to respond with the simple request.

Edit : One more condition always happens as well, the paper thin shirt. It's like one-ply toilet paper, why the hell does anyone waste time utilizing such a cheap product ? The silk screen inks soak right through making the front feel like a sheet of cardboard on a cleanex.

Then there is always the off-set print, cause whomever made it has shitty quality control or care of what they are doing.

Fuck ordering shirts can be stressful. Fuck band shirts ! Laughing

Last edited by Demoniarch on Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Reaper's Grave

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

demoniaclord wrote:
hard to say, even in europe the sizes are very different from factory to factory! i'm wearing XL normally but also have some shirts which are L and do fit..

If that's like said in the earlier post, that would be american M and L. I notice that with american shirts. I am normally L, but i have M shirts that fit as well like my celtic frost and motorhead shirts. I have a Summoning t-shirt that was a european import. It's XL but fits perfectly fine.
Saevus

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every time I get a Euro shirt it gives me a little bit more encouragement to lose weight.

However, while the Euro XL's are usually a bit tighter on me, they still fit fine. I just suck in the beergut a bit... Although my Faustcoven longsleeve doesn't fit all that well, mostly due to it being too short.

Last edited by Saevus on Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
TheLastWound

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As someone said, it's always diffrent. If you buy it from greece it could be made in the US.
demoniaclord

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saevus wrote:
Although my Faustcoven longsleeve doesn't fit all that well, mostly due to it being too short.

Damn i have that problem with Longsleeves all the time!! Not even 1 LS i'm owing fits me right. I'm about 192 cm tall (which is nothing special in Europe i think).. so is this the fucking reason or has the majority of people just such short arms??
TRADELIST: http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=214511#214511

Good trades/deals with: full, MVIIXIV, Asphyxiation, flo/thrash attack zine, Typhon, Chit019. Nosliw, probert, Beraht
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

demoniaclord wrote:
Saevus wrote:
Although my Faustcoven longsleeve doesn't fit all that well, mostly due to it being too short.

Damn i have that problem with Longsleeves all the time!! Not even 1 LS i'm owing fits me right. I'm about 192 cm tall (which is nothing special in Europe i think).. so is this the fucking reason or has the majority of people just such short arms??

I always run into the short arm issue as well when ordering a long sleeve. What I've had to do is order XXL from a few certain places where they offer this size (mainly Plastic Head) then I throw the damned thing in the dryer once and once only on heat to shrink the body up some, they end up fitting about perfect afterwards.

Many, many long sleeves I have got that are XL never fit in the sleeves, so I get the girlfriend to sew up the sleeves to regular t-shirt length. Wink

Like I said, the shirt buying business is stressful love/hate affair. Laughing
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My girlfriend watches some of those fashion TV shows, so I am continuously told that the majority of people should, or are probably having to get their clothes tailored to fit just right. (since I am generally quite often in a foul mood when some ill fitted shirt ends up in the mail that I had hoped to fit fine)

Getting t-shirts tailored though ? ...sounds like a huge waste of money. I just want the fucking arms to be long enough and not end an inch or two from the top of my hand, and the shirts should not be made of cleanex... tired of cheap shit being sold by bands. Fucking charge a dollar more or two and print on a decent product for fucks sake. Laughing

...and put the design on fucking straight as well. Mad
blodhemn9

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually find euro shirts to be smaller than u.s. shirts, but there is no standard conversion..........

US size "L" usually fits my arms and chest just right, but is sometimes too long at the waist..... but if I get a medium, it's way too small all around.

Buying shirts is a total pain in the ass, especially online. Its much easier to size it up correctly if you are buying from a shop or at a concert....
HotBlack

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always ask the brand of shirt stock they use... If its GILDAN, ANVIL or FRUIT OF THE LOOM then you know the sizes are going to be pretty standard regardless... Mind you, Fruit of the Loom sleeve lengths can be quite whack.
ogmetal

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, ask what brand shirt they are using. You can find size charts on the shirt brand page.

We included the brand and type of shirt on the Burial Invocation shirt info. So, if someone wanted to look up the measurements, they could see it with no problem.
Haagenti

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

usually hells headbangers ts are fine for me
but their last conqueror XL is like more L
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: