P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

How do you keep your record collection
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 122, 123, 124, 125  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ough

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jester King is a good time after a hill country swim

Also lmfao at your comp screen

http://nghtrhthms.com
WolfkultReligion

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:
nok wrote:
I'm baffled when people have record shelves where the records are basically right down on the floor. Doesn't that mean you basically have to crawl on your hands and knees to look through records on those lower shelves? Seems uncomfortable and inefficient.

Yea, those people are weird. I store my own records way above my head personally.

Reason is quite simple: because of the amount of records. I simply have to use the space of the bottom shelves.
Nightvvolf

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WolfkultReligion wrote:
Demoniarch wrote:
nok wrote:
I'm baffled when people have record shelves where the records are basically right down on the floor. Doesn't that mean you basically have to crawl on your hands and knees to look through records on those lower shelves? Seems uncomfortable and inefficient.

Yea, those people are weird. I store my own records way above my head personally.

Reason is quite simple: because of the amount of records. I simply have to use the space of the bottom shelves.

I just do a spetsnaz roll to grab mine.

https://youtu.be/ZDfPD3nPt-4?t=4m18s
bearsbearsbears

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ough wrote:
Jester King is a good time after a hill country swim

Also lmfao at your comp screen

Can't go wrong with that combo, man! And yes, thanks. I thought it accented the chaos nicely... Laughing

Check out my sale-thread HERE!
sinister_shawn2001

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I go from right to left in alphabetical order by artist. I then go in chronologically by their releases. I also only use shelves so I can slide them when I add additions.
dAHMER

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nightvvolf wrote:
WolfkultReligion wrote:
Demoniarch wrote:
nok wrote:

I just do a spetsnaz roll to grab mine.

https://youtu.be/ZDfPD3nPt-4?t=4m18s

Same. I just lay flat on my stomach any time I need to find a record, like a snake.

Seriously, how is this confusing anybody? Can't you people just crouch down? Laughing
Snark Shark

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nok wrote:

Nope- i just have to SIT on the floor, which isn't usually a problem.
Snark Shark

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsbearsbears wrote:

My roommate has that "Gentlemen Prefer Blondes" poster in our living room! She's a big Marilyn Monroe fan.
frostjunkie

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know a good place to get plastic sleeves for CDs and tapes? Would like to keep digipaks and cassettes with outer-sleeves in good condition.
Ashes

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

frostjunkie wrote:
Anyone know a good place to get plastic sleeves for CDs and tapes? Would like to keep digipaks and cassettes with outer-sleeves in good condition.

I get mine at a local used record store that also sells comics and CD's.
It's also where I get my mailers for trades/discogs sales etc.
Try a place like that if you have one in your area. Recently I have started to take CD's out of digipaks and put them in slimline cases next to the empty digipak on the shelf in the clear plastic envelopes like you mentioned.
ULUVAR

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody know a good place (hopefully one-stop shop) to get 10" plastic sleeves and inner-sleeves, preferably poly-lined ones.

Also, does anyone know if it's possible to correct a very minor warp? Doesn't affect play all that much, but at least one or two instances of slight distortion to sound.
AngleOffDeeth

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ULUVAR wrote:
Anybody know a good place (hopefully one-stop shop) to get 10" plastic sleeves and inner-sleeves, preferably poly-lined ones.

Also, does anyone know if it's possible to correct a very minor warp? Doesn't affect play all that much, but at least one or two instances of slight distortion to sound.

http://www.sleevecityusa.com/
Hidden38

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ULUVAR wrote:

http://www.vinylmeplease.com/magazine/guide-to-flattening-warped-vinyl-records/

Ive used the listed “Method 1: Pressure And Time” remedy with succees a couple of times. Leave the record in a paper sleeve and place 2 equally sized large/heavy books on top making sure entire surface is covered with equal or near equal weight (or you could use one big ass book). Set it and forget it the way Ron Popeil taught us and leave that shit alone for a month. Others say to bake it with glass but Im afraid to try hahhaah.
ULUVAR

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hidden38 wrote:
ULUVAR wrote:

http://www.vinylmeplease.com/magazine/guide-to-flattening-warped-vinyl-records/

Ive used the listed “Method 1: Pressure And Time” remedy with succees a couple of times. Leave the record in a paper sleeve and place 2 equally sized large/heavy books on top making sure entire surface is covered with equal or near equal weight (or you could use one big ass book). Set it and forget it the way Ron Popeil taught us and leave that shit alone for a month. Others say to bake it with glass but Im afraid to try hahhaah.

Thank you! Will try that, and no baking for me either for sure!!
Luxixul Sumering

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made a thread about fixing warped vinyls, and let me tell ya, putting your record in between a stack of heavy books does the trick. It will take a few months possibly even years but for sure it does get dewarped overtime.

I got like 5 or 6 lps right now under my bed shifting overtime lol, gonna take a while but it will straighten over time.

Will post pics of before and after if yall are interested.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 122, 123, 124, 125  Next
Page 123 of 125

Jump to: