P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Gear thread?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40, 41  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
holy ghost

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KS wrote:
Niko Nigdje wrote:

Plug a single coil guitar into it and dial back the gain some, crank the reverb and voila, instant Pink Floyd - Sorrow tone. Yes David Gilmour had an HM-2 in his rig as well Laughing

as did a lot of those shoegaze type bands in the late 80s/early 90's-my bloody valentine etc

Haha no shit? I didn't know that. I pair it with a DOD Death Metal for my noisecore band and a muff when I'm making weird noise.... also I use a bass grunge too.....
axebix

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone knows any fuzz pedals which allows you to palm mute? Looking for something gritty and fuzzy for a mix of Motorhead and old school doom type of riffs that doesn't end up being just a noise when you play something more than single notes/power chords.
Could it be the combination of overdrive and fuzz pedals?
building

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

axebix wrote:
Does anyone knows any fuzz pedals which allows you to palm mute? Looking for something gritty and fuzzy for a mix of Motorhead and old school doom type of riffs that doesn't end up being just a noise when you play something more than single notes/power chords.

bluebeard, ggg tuned muff, or death by audio fuzz war

https://youtu.be/ESevU8aD6bM
H5N1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

axebix wrote:

I can get decent distortion with the Musketfuzz. Can manage what you're mentioning. Used that as the sole dirt on our recent demo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-e8HJ-DE-Y
holy ghost

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Musket is a fucking great muff type fuzz. Such a solid pedal!!!
holy ghost

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Musket is a fucking great muff type fuzz. Such a solid pedal!!!
Alchemical Plagues

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VonJunzt wrote:
Apart from guitars, I've found the following pedals to be best for me, in their respective categories:

Distortion:

Lone Wolf Audio Iron Fist

Lone Wolf Audio FOAD

Mountainking Electronics Heavy Machine (great with a Strat)

Delay:

Malekko 616

Reverb:

ZCat Pedals Big Reverb TI

Hyups, basically sums it up. After years of trying out gear, I've finally found a handful of stuff which works best for me.

Another vote for Lone Wolf Audio pedals. I own the FOAD and Black Mesa. Excellent components and build quality. They sound deadly too.
Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My unholy trinity, nowadays Cool

Regressive Muerta Metal: https://sadistikus.bandcamp.com/album/desekrehearsal-march-21-2015
Nightvvolf

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a DOD Meatbox. Cool pedal. Found some interesting shit and it definitely adds some serious low end but I thought it would be more of an "octave" pedal. Meaning the octave down would be more present/louder. Unless the effect is turned all the way up and the dry signal is cut the actual "octave" sound is barely heard. This is great for Bass but wanted to use it for guitar.

WHAT IS A GOOD OCTAVE DOWN PEDAL FOR GUITAR?
Having a few cool extras would be nice but a strong clear octave signal that I can blend with the dry signal is key. No Whammy!!! I had one before and it tone sucked like crazy.

M. wrote:
Tryhard nerd shit
Coscartac

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone use delay as part of their tone? I use a Digitech DL8 on the analog setting, not just to get a slight echoey sound, but I also find it fills the sound out a bit more.
For distortion I'll set up the amp gain so it has a dirty rock guitar sound and then use a rat pedal out in front. Been looking to get a boost/overdrive for leads though, any recommendations?
holy ghost

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would fucking love a meatbox for my bass rig.... octave pedals are tricky, I have an OC-2 and it's very hard to get it to sound good in a band Co text unless the wet is all the way and the octave us maxed too. And even then it's barely audible on the e or a.....
Nightvvolf

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The meatbox creates earthquakes and some Ride For Revenge type square wave noise if used in conjunction with an overdrive. Cool pedal but I bought it for something it doesn't do. What I want is a pedal that does what the octave down function of the GMajor II does. Ill look into the Boss OC2 and saw the Sub n Up in a catalogue. Fucking pedals.

M. wrote:
Tryhard nerd shit
SonOfPerdition

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted to ask some opinions.
I play a Hagstrom Pat Smear signature guitar (I know...) tuned to A# through a Mesa Dual Rec. (2ch.). Apart from that I use a Bad Monkey as a tubescreamer and a Boss DD-20 and EHX Holy Grail in the effects loop. I'm looking to replace the pickups in the Hagstrom and was thinking about the Seymour Duncan SH6 (Distortion) or the SH8 (Invader) or a combination of these two. The sound I am aiming for is a solid death metal sound, think Dead Congregation, Disma, Cruciamentum (I was really impressed with their live guitar sound during their latest gig in Antwerp!),... (well, you get the idea...). Any opinions or suggestions on this?
VonJunzt

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SonOfPerdition wrote:
I wanted to ask some opinions.
I play a Hagstrom Pat Smear signature guitar (I know...) tuned to A# through a Mesa Dual Rec. (2ch.). Apart from that I use a Bad Monkey as a tubescreamer and a Boss DD-20 and EHX Holy Grail in the effects loop. I'm looking to replace the pickups in the Hagstrom and was thinking about the Seymour Duncan SH6 (Distortion) or the SH8 (Invader) or a combination of these two. The sound I am aiming for is a solid death metal sound, think Dead Congregation, Disma, Cruciamentum (I was really impressed with their live guitar sound during their latest gig in Antwerp!),... (well, you get the idea...). Any opinions or suggestions on this?

So bloody what if it is some guy's signature model? If it is a good guitar, it is a good guitar.

First off, throw out the Bad Monkey. Get something decent for the amp, try getting hold of a used Maxon overdrive.

Instead of opting for Seymour Duncan, try a Lace Deathbucker or a Bare Knuckle Warpig.

How did you tune your guitar?
H5N1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now I am running two rigs for two separate bands:

Punk/BM Set up (Standard tuning)
Fender Telecaster into Snark tuner > custom RAT clone > into Boss EQ > Crate Powerblock to 2 Marshall MG412s run in stereo.

Black/Death Set up (tuned to B)
Epiphone SG or Gibson V into Snark tuner > Musketfuzz > Boss Bass EQ > Crate Powerblock to a Dime 4 x12 cab.

Also have a HM-2, Swollen Pickle, Behringer Chorus, Boss GT-10, MXR Blowtorch, Riverhead Unicorn bass, Epiphone Les Paul bass, BC Rich Bich bass, and a wee short scale Squire bass most of which I never use.

Question; anyone ever tried one of these new boutique HM-2 influenced pedals like the Left Hand Path? Are they worth it or is the original good enough. No plans but always wanted to bust out a SDM thing at some point.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40, 41  Next
Page 39 of 41

Jump to: