P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Gear thread?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alastor R.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timon wrote:
Alastor R. wrote:
They are good for whoever wants to play hiperfast, honestly i prefer the good old Iron Cobra's or, even better, Pearl Eliminator's.

yes. the "Speed Cobra" is also great, which is lighter and smoother than the Iron's.

Never tried those...but i pretty much like the "weight" one feels under the foot with the Cobra's. It makes me hit lot harder, thus getting more sound out of the bass drum.
astralvesl

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone had experience w/ Black Arts toneworks' pedals? I've heard a lot of mixed reviews.
Witchie Blackmoor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alastor R. wrote:
Witchie Blackmoor wrote:
Basic Pearl forum set. 4 rack toms and one floor tom + three roto toms. Anatolian cymbals + Zildjian A hi hat. The Anatolian chinas are probably the greatest chinas ever made. People should stop buying those cheap and shitty Wuhan chinas.

Kinda curious that you use those Axis pedals...from what i've head of OTOH/Mare your drumming style is more "hammering" than "lightspeed 3000 bpms" (personally i also prefer that first approach). I find Axis to be too soft and not having enough power. They are good for whoever wants to play hiperfast, honestly i prefer the good old Iron Cobra's or, even better, Pearl Eliminator's.
The owner of those pedals are the drummer of Celestial Bloodshed. I wouldnt touch Axis pedals even if someone gave me a million dollars. Have been using Pearl E for the past 6 years, but I`m thinking about switching to Iron Cobra.
Alastor R.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Witchie Blackmoor wrote:
Alastor R. wrote:
Witchie Blackmoor wrote:
Basic Pearl forum set. 4 rack toms and one floor tom + three roto toms. Anatolian cymbals + Zildjian A hi hat. The Anatolian chinas are probably the greatest chinas ever made. People should stop buying those cheap and shitty Wuhan chinas.

Kinda curious that you use those Axis pedals...from what i've head of OTOH/Mare your drumming style is more "hammering" than "lightspeed 3000 bpms" (personally i also prefer that first approach). I find Axis to be too soft and not having enough power. They are good for whoever wants to play hiperfast, honestly i prefer the good old Iron Cobra's or, even better, Pearl Eliminator's.
The owner of those pedals are the drummer of Celestial Bloodshed. I wouldnt touch Axis pedals even if someone gave me a million dollars. Have been using Pearl E for the past 6 years, but I`m thinking about switching to Iron Cobra.

I wasn't wrong then. It seemed to me that you were an Elems/Cobras guy. I can't stand Axis too...soft as shit.

Regarding the switch you talked about, well, honestly i think its totally a matter of taste. Both are equally good and reliable.
wirelessbanality

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the Iron Cobras, they hit hard and are just smooth enough. I'm not a fan of the Axis pedals, one needs to completely alter their foot playing style I think. I'm a stomper and they don't work well with that approach.
holy ghost

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think my band is getting the boot from our monthly room (not because we aren't respectful tenants but the guy carrying the lease is giving up the space) so I've dragged most of my shit except my amps back to my place to reassess everything, here's my pedalboard, usually it's a TU2 > Woolly Mammoth clone > Boss Phaser > Boss Flanger > 616 Delay > EHX Q-Tron, if I'm playing guitar I might swap out the Mammoth for the Big Muff or DS-1 or whatever.....

The flip side of the case is my harsh noise rig for when I'm out harshing it up, usually the Muff/DS1 > Memory Man, the candy box is a homemade noise generator built by a friend of mine that makes the most awesome noises ever, from droning weirdness to all out noise wall.....

I mostly play bass lately but I stiff find time to use my SG once in a while.... the bass is my favorite thing in the whole world, I want to get another but fretless for my next GAS purchase.....

My amps I didn't take a pic of but it's a JCM900 100w half stack and a Yorkville 200w Bass head and 4x10.... I think they're going to have to go into my mother-in-laws basement for the time being Confused Shocked Confused Evil or Very Mad Rolling Eyes
GoldenBull

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude your mother in law's basement is a treasure trove. You are so lucky I don't know that address... Laughing
SoundsOfDecay

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Memory Man is great! I used to have the same flanger, very nice, kind of regret getting rid of it.
holy ghost

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Boss gets a bad rep here and there, some of their pedals are actually pretty tits!!
holy ghost

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump for greenmonster and a shameless plug for my current awesome bass/guitar/noise board Razz

SonOfPerdition

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Little update on my gear:

Amp:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier 2 ch. (Main amp)
Conquest Bonsai G240 (Back up amp, with a great clean sound and in combination with the EBS MetalDrive a nice thick and fuzzy overdrive)
Randall RH150 G3 (Back up hi-gain amp)

Fx:
EBS MetalDrive (It's actually a pedal from our bassplayer, but I use it as a boost at rehearsal)
Ehx Holy Grail Plus
Harley Benton Tremelo
Boss GT8 (I don't really use this very much)

I'm currently looking for a decent not too expensive loopstation, any tips on that? I really have no clue what I should be looking for.
holy ghost

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahaha looking at that board I've traded almost all my pedals from previous pics. Currently using: dyna comp clone > earthquaker white light > rat clone > big muff v4 > boss DD7 > Cathedral reverb

I bought a vox delaylab but I'm selling it to buy a flashback x4

I also sold my Marshall and bought a Fender Super Reverb
Devoured Death

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is anyone aware of somewhere I could pick up an empty amp head shell from? Preferably in the UK? Recently scored a decent Laney AOR 100 combo, all the guts are really easy to remove and I want to box it for gigs. Highly recommend the amp actually, quite close to the JCM 800 2203 in terms of sound, but with more headroom.
SonOfPerdition

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone on here have experience with this?

http://www.thomann.de/be/tc_electronic_ditto_x2_looper.htm

It's fairly priced and looks like it's easy to use.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
Page 11 of 11

Jump to: