P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Gear thread?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
probert

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BREW HAMMER wrote:
I bought a fender chorus today just a basic 40 buck pedal and it wnet out in two seconds. Do any inexpensive pedals that work exist anymore? My didgi tek deaht metal still holds up and provides the needed sound. Eltrco hrmnx and gigditek 666 lyvefe.

behringer pedals are cheap and last.

now that you have a faulty pedal, open it up and fuck around. or use it as a case for a new one.
BREW HAMMER

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

probert wrote:
BREW HAMMER wrote:
I bought a fender chorus today just a basic 40 buck pedal and it wnet out in two seconds. Do any inexpensive pedals that work exist anymore? My didgi tek deaht metal still holds up and provides the needed sound. Eltrco hrmnx and gigditek 666 lyvefe.

now that you have a faulty pedal, open it up and fuck around. or use it as a case for a new one.

I didn""t even think of that... TOTENTANZ ftww
SoundsOfDecay

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EHX Small Clone/Neo Clone (i think thats what the new one is called) is one of the best chorus pedals you can get and is only 50 new I think
holy ghost

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those EHX nano pedals are total dogshit...... I've never heard anyone say anything good about them, the large chassis ones are the ones that seem to hold up a lot better...... I have a 70's muff that's still working great and had a small stone that lasted about 3 weeks.......
SoundsOfDecay

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Nano Clone was a major cop out, (reverse polarity, only 1 control for rate and nothing else, noisy and volume drop when turned on etc), apparently the new Neo Clone is a lot better and just like the normal Small Clone but I've not tried it myself.

Maybe also look at the Marshall Regenerator? I'm sure there's any number of inexpensive and good sounding modulation pedals available.
Vendix

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

probert wrote:
Vendix wrote:
probert wrote:
anyone ever fuck around with a scalloped neck? im scalloping an old one now, frets 12-21. should be fun.

Fun indeed,It was hard at first but after a month its all good,mine's scalloped from the 1st-24th.

ough, i might go farther down the neck but 12-21 seems good for now. i heard its extremely hard to play chords in tune on the scalloped lower frets so im thinking ill stop at 12 and fuck around up there for a bit.

Yes indeed,that was the hardest part especially if you have a heavy left hand but its all worth it .The weird thing is that when you grab hold of a non scalloped guitar you tend to play a little bit faster.
Hemotoxin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently scalloped the neck of a cheap fake strat. - I had a guitar years ago with a scalloped neck and liked it, and didn't find it taking much time to get used to.

This time I used a Ritchie Blackmore method on the first 4 frets, where it's only scalloped on half of the frets so it's easier to play chords.

It does make you play lighter on the left hand, which makes it easier to play a bit faster and I found helpful for even playing on a non scalloped neck, as it helps getting your fingers into that habit and not wasting energy.

I think the biggest different I notice on a scalloped neck is for vibrato and bends.
probert

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what the fuck is the slope knob for on this old peavy bass amp i got? cant find anything online that really explains it. it sounds like shit unless i have it turned up all the way. its this one

probert

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone on slope? the amp is a POS but it has so many controls you can dial it in so it sounds half decent.
K_S Imprecator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

google says"The slope control is a unique method of tailoring the low end rolloff "

so it's a LP filter.user manual:
www.peavey.com/assets/literature/manuals/bass.pdf

thesnowfields.com/manuals/Peavey-thebass-400.pdf

fuck,they reckon it'll work at 1 ohm.........think it'll make more heat than noise at that impedence
probert

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

K_S Imprecator wrote:
google says"The slope control is a unique method of tailoring the low end rolloff "

yeh im a complete amp n00b i dont really know what low end rolloff really means, haha.

edit: i got it now. thanks.

Last edited by probert on Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
feralviscera

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carvin five string bass with a vintage ST4000 head and a TR200 cabinet
robotdie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bumping this thread up, just got this finally set up, can't wait start recording on it!

Tascam 424 MKIII and a Sony cassette deck I got at goodwill. Only 1 mic so far though.
SonOfPerdition

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are there people here having experience with the EHX Metal Muff (Link)? I'm looking for a decent all-round distortion pedal. I've allready read some good reviews about it, but most of the youtube samples are rather lame...
holy ghost

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Protip: I buy all my pedals on Craigslist and have an idea of what's shit and what's good based on the amount of flipping of certain pedals. The bass big muff and metal muff I see flipped more than anything else. It's not scientific, but I'd stay away. Anything EHX nano, etc as well.

If I were you, I'd buy a used Boss DS-1 for $20 on Craigslist and have it modded to original spec for $30 as this is a super easy mod and they sound FUCKING AWESOME when you get it right.... I bought a fully modded one from a guy for $50 and it totally rules everything.

Man I forgot about this thread, I'll post a pic of my sweet 6 string bass, punchy and bright solid state head and juicy 410 cab and my gay pedalboard with a sweet Q-Tron, Boss Flanger and Mammoth clone built for active pickups.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 7 of 16

Jump to: