P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Necrosleezer "Pope Kill" MLP/CD Coming Soon
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:10 am    Post subject: Necrosleezer "Pope Kill" MLP/CD Coming Soon Reply with quote

Coming Soon on NWN!/RBC:

Necrosleezer "Pope Kill" MLP/CD
ANTI-GOTH 414

(Description by J. Campbell)
Following Blasphemy’s temporary dissolution in 1993, the band members went their separate ways and for the most part remained musically silent—with one notable exception. After a year or so of relative inactivity, former Blasphemy vocalist and bassist Ace Gestapo Necrosleezer and Vaginal Commands partnered with Blasphemy drummer 3 Black Hearts of Damnation and Impurity sometime around 1994 or 1995 to work on a new project called Necrosleezer. Contrary to widespread speculation and misinformation, there were never any other band members.
The two rehearsed in a barn in the rural area surrounding Vancouver near where 3 Black Hearts was living at the time. Over the next year, the two-piece wrote around 11 songs and entered the legendary Fiasco Bros. Studio in 1995 to record a four-song demo. Upon completion, they dubbed copies of the tape and sent them to labels, but the tape received no serious attention, and the band disintegrated. Very few copies of the demo were released into the scene, and those that exist generally feature degraded audio. Although the demo has long been referred to as Recruit for Conflict, 3 Black Hearts always called the tape Pope Kill, and that alternate name, which is also the name of the opening track on the tape, has been adopted for this first official release.
The demo’s historical importance is undeniable—these are the only recordings from this era by any Blasphemy members—but it is equally impressive from a musical point of view. Although similar influences are present, Necrosleezer’s sound reflected a marked departure from the work that Ace Gestapo and 3 Black Hearts did with Blasphemy. Necrosleezer was repetitious and hypnotic, more sinister sounding and European influenced than anything Blasphemy did. Bathory is an obvious point of reference, but other influences, such as Norwegian black metal, German thrash, and grind, are all buried just beneath the surface. The songs are largely constructed around the monotonous intensity of 3 Black Hearts’ blast beats—the snare’s commanding presence dictating the movement of the track. Laid out across the percussive frenzy, Ace Gestapo’s riffs slide and shift into place. The execution is militaristic, but the sound is wretched. Only two of the songs feature guitar leads, and their unhinged nature adds to the feral sound of the demo. The vocals, repugnant and grim, hang above the mix, draped over the low-end matrix of the bass and drums.
Even though Necrosleezer recorded the material in a studio, it still sounds like a demo, retaining the primitive nature of the performance. Indeed, the astute listener might even notice someone coughing in the background on one of the tracks. Necrosleezer’s sound on Pope Kill is consistent and coherent, but there is more than enough diversity and nuance in the songwriting to distinguish the tracks and provide depth. The band’s approach is controlled cacophony—unrefined but not imprecise.
These four songs provide one of the few glimpses into the work that any of the members of Blasphemy did between the Gods of War album and the band’s return to the stage in the early 2000s. Long in need of a proper release, this version of the Pope Kill/Recruit for Conflict recordings has been remastered and restored as much as possible to its original form by James Plotkin. And while the original tapes the band sent out to labels lacked cover art, this edition features new artwork by Chris Moyen created specifically for this release. The unearthing of these tracks, their restoration, and the new presentation of this demo recording is, therefore, a monumental event.

https://nuclearwarnowproductions.bandcamp.com/album/pope-kill

Tape version will be done by Darkness Attack.

Winter 2018

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

Last edited by NWN PROD on Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:41 am; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reissuing it this year to tie in to the recent events?
Death Kvlt

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

looking forward to this
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1981 wrote:

What recent events?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NWN PROD wrote:
1981 wrote:

What recent events?

Worst scandal regarding the Catholic church and pedophilia in recent history.
templedclxvi

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

is this the same as "Recruit for conflict"? even though short lived band, IMO very important and violent outburst of Ross Bay black grind!

btw you can hear 3 Black Heart's blasting style with the bass drum doublets pretty clearly here! " I loved the "Return of the hooded demons" bootleg because his drumming was so audible on that.
PanzerGeneral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:36 am    Post subject: Re: Necrosleezer "Pope Kill" MLP/CD Coming Soon Reply with quote

NWN PROD wrote:
Coming Soon on NWN!/RBC:

ANTI-GOTH 414

The obscure 1995 demo from Ace Gestapo Necrosleezer and Vaginal Commands and 3 Black Hearts of Damnation and Impurity of Blasphemy fame, will finally get an official release later this year on NWN! in conspiracy with Ross Bay Cult. Recorded at the infamous Fiasco Bros. Studios during Blasphemy's hiatus, this forgotten bestial black metal recording is reminiscent of the direction Blasphemy was going on Gods of War, but mixed with Necrosleezer's other influences. This will be the first official reissue of this lost recording.

Winter 2018
Cool! We talked about this just a few months ago! Good to see this out. I wonder how different this will sound compared to my 3-4-5-6 generation dubbed tape. Is this really from 1998 - I could swear I had it some years before!? Old mind playing tricks maybe?
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

templedclxvi wrote:
is this the same as "Recruit for conflict"? even though short lived band, IMO very important and violent outburst of Ross Bay black grind!

Yes, I'm not entirely sure why it was called Recruit for Conflict because the band always called it Popekill.

EDIT: Actually the demo was called Recruit for Conflict but 3 Black Hearts called it Popekill demo.

I'll make the audio available soon on bandcamp.

I'm also waiting on a secondary audio source from the band. Necrosleezer says he has the original DAT transfer.

Last edited by NWN PROD on Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:45 am; edited 1 time in total
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:40 am    Post subject: Re: Necrosleezer "Pope Kill" MLP/CD Coming Soon Reply with quote

PanzerGeneral wrote:
NWN PROD wrote:
Coming Soon on NWN!/RBC:

ANTI-GOTH 414

The obscure 1995 demo from Ace Gestapo Necrosleezer and Vaginal Commands and 3 Black Hearts of Damnation and Impurity of Blasphemy fame, will finally get an official release later this year on NWN! in conspiracy with Ross Bay Cult. Recorded at the infamous Fiasco Bros. Studios during Blasphemy's hiatus, this forgotten bestial black metal recording is reminiscent of the direction Blasphemy was going on Gods of War, but mixed with Necrosleezer's other influences. This will be the first official reissue of this lost recording.

Winter 2018
Cool! We talked about this just a few months ago! Good to see this out. I wonder how different this will sound compared to my 3-4-5-6 generation dubbed tape. Is this really from 1998 - I could swear I had it some years before!? Old mind playing tricks maybe?

The demo was recorded in 1995 at Fiasco Bros. I confirmed that last night with Darren Necrosleezer. As he put it, they were anxious to do something after Blasphemy was put on ice so they started this band after not doing much in 1994. Necrosleezer and 3 Black Hearts lived about 40 minutes outside of Vanvouver so they had to rehearse in a barn in the country side.
They had 11 songs written at the time, of which only 4 got recorded. They sent the demo to Osmose in hopes of getting signed, but they turned it down and the band disbanded shortly thereafter. Unfortunately he can't find the rehearsal video of the other songs. Maybe it will be unearthed one day!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NWN PROD wrote:
templedclxvi wrote:

Yes, I'm not entirely sure why it was called Recruit for Conflict because the band always called it Popekill.

Maybe some quick confusion?, just like how SadEx's S/T was incorrectly interpreted as "We Are Death... Fukk You!"?
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1981 wrote:
NWN PROD wrote:
1981 wrote:

What recent events?

Worst scandal regarding the Catholic church and pedophilia in recent history.

I wasn't even thinking of that when Moyen drew it. Good timing!

NWN PROD

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1981 wrote:
NWN PROD wrote:
templedclxvi wrote:

Maybe some quick confusion?, just like how SadEx's S/T was incorrectly interpreted as "We Are Death... Fukk You!"?

Actually you were right. I asked Darren Necrosleezer and he confirmed that the demo was officially called Recruit for Conflict, but 3 Black Hearts used to called it Pope Kill. They never got around to making a cover or logo for the demo. It was just circulated by tape traders and Vancouver locals as dubs.

PanzerGeneral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1981 wrote:
NWN PROD wrote:
templedclxvi wrote:

Please tell me more about this S/T confusion … I never heard about that.
PanzerGeneral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:12 am    Post subject: Re: Necrosleezer "Pope Kill" MLP/CD Coming Soon Reply with quote

NWN PROD wrote:
PanzerGeneral wrote:
NWN PROD wrote:
Coming Soon on NWN!/RBC:

ANTI-GOTH 414

Winter 2018

The demo was recorded in 1995 at Fiasco Bros. I confirmed that last night with Darren Necrosleezer. As he put it, they were anxious to do something after Blasphemy was put on ice so they started this band after not doing much in 1994. Necrosleezer and 3 Black Hearts lived about 40 minutes outside of Vanvouver so they had to rehearse in a barn in the country side.
They had 11 songs written at the time, of which only 4 got recorded. They sent the demo to Osmose in hopes of getting signed, but they turned it down and the band disbanded shortly thereafter. Unfortunately he can't find the rehearsal video of the other songs. Maybe it will be unearthed one day!
Yeah OK - I swear that I got this back in 1996 if not late 1995 through tape-trading (still have my tape as you know). So it seems this was indeed plausible and not a case of dementia ….
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:16 am    Post subject: Re: Necrosleezer "Pope Kill" MLP/CD Coming Soon Reply with quote

PanzerGeneral wrote:
NWN PROD wrote:
PanzerGeneral wrote:
NWN PROD wrote:
Coming Soon on NWN!/RBC:

ANTI-GOTH 414

Winter 2018

Yeah OK - I swear that I got this back in 1996 if not late 1995 through tape-trading (still have my tape as you know). So it seems this was indeed plausible and not a case of dementia ….

Yeah it was definitely NOT 1998. I thought it was 1996 until I confirmed it with Necrosleezer last night.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: