P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Black Metal = RIP
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crows In Black wrote:
The_Elite wrote:
I think it's kind of cool that a picture of someone blatantly meant to be Abbath is on the front of a video game next to 'Slash' that'll no doubt sell a million or so copies. Black metal is mainstream culture nowadays, just like the last truly revolutionary genre before it: punk.

I dont think its supposed to be Abbath or even a black metal guy, Im sure 99.9% of the people that see it think its just a member of KISS

really?? according to wikipedia:
"one of Lars Umlaut's additional character skins that can be "purchased" in Guitar Hero III is called "Freedom" and has a facial makeup configuration similar to that worn by Gaahl onstage."
Crows In Black

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

decimator wrote:
Crows In Black wrote:
The_Elite wrote:
I think it's kind of cool that a picture of someone blatantly meant to be Abbath is on the front of a video game next to 'Slash' that'll no doubt sell a million or so copies. Black metal is mainstream culture nowadays, just like the last truly revolutionary genre before it: punk.

I dont think its supposed to be Abbath or even a black metal guy, Im sure 99.9% of the people that see it think its just a member of KISS

really?? according to wikipedia:
"one of Lars Umlaut's additional character skins that can be "purchased" in Guitar Hero III is called "Freedom" and has a facial makeup configuration similar to that worn by Gaahl onstage."

maybe Im wrong then, either way this game is fucking gay, try playing a ACTUAL FUCKING GUITAR! I hope the new south park episode about it tomorrow tears the game a new asshole

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
try playing a ACTUAL FUCKING GUITAR!

couldnt agree more!
Straxus

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Peru we only saw that by internet...
If there were no internet in peru, our Black Death metal would be more straight ahead... more pure, more autehntic.. Peruvian bands now try to rip off nordic trend which is almost dissapearing...

I can not imagine Black Metal on supermarkets... unbelieveable....
wait, it is not Black Metal... It is Pop Metal...

Crows In Black wrote:

I remember back when me and a friend of mine who was into black metal were saying "wouldnt it be funny if like all of a sudden black metal got popular and you saw stupid bands like cradle of filth on MTV being promoted as black metal and you could buy dimmu borgir shirts in the mall?" then we thought "no, that will probably never happen" (this is back when dimmu borgir's second album just came out).

guess we were wrong!

Straxus

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I listen PROFANATICA - Profanatitas De Domonatia, I know there will be always a band performing True BM...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black Metal died as soon as people stopped listening to VENOM and MERCYFUL FATE and only focused on Century Media and/or "kvlt" garbage.
Crows In Black

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeadChrist wrote:
Black Metal died as soon as people stopped listening to VENOM and MERCYFUL FATE and only focused on Century Media and/or "kvlt" garbage.

Yes!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crows In Black wrote:
DeadChrist wrote:

Yes!

It's really lame to see people with MAYHEM shirts playing in bands, and they have never even heard a SARCOFAGO album and think that CELTIC FROST is "gay" because they "arn't brutal enough". I'm a big MAYHEM fan but you know the kind I'm referring to.

It's pretty much useless to try and talk about "Black Metal" or argue it with anyone since everyone has such a different concept of what it is, and sadly a lot of the people (like the ones I mentioned above) just repeat what they read in interviews or lyrics and think it's some kind of contest to see "who's idea is the best". Dogmatic idiots.

The kind of Black Metal I relate to the most nowadays is stuff like FRONT BEAST, MEGIDDO (can) and old legends that are still creating honest, quality stuff like NIFELHEIM and ARCHGOAT. These are the bands that really know what they're creating and why.

Last edited by Guest on Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
brown growth

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I think of Black Metal, I think of early Sodom, Hellhammer, early Bathory, Bulldozer, Necrodeath etc etc. I just completely tune out all the modern shit anyway possible.

Fuck this game, fuck modern sounding black metal and fuck Brandon Fraiser. I hate him too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: