P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Infamy (Us-Cal) dm: dead or alive?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Soul Erosion

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:36 am    Post subject: Infamy (Us-Cal) dm: dead or alive? Reply with quote

This band released the killer "The blood shall flow" in the 90's through a sublabel of Repulse records in 1998. After that they recorded a demo 2001 which got re-released as a "7.

Then: all of the sudden a clip was made for a new song which also sounded pretty killer ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhmzE6nIf1k ). This was 2 years ago.

Since they don't have facebook, and there are alot of ppl here from California, I was wondering: is this band still active?

How did Jagger died btw?
amon-goethe

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know, but the blood shall flow is classic.
Soul Erosion

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"The blood shall flow" is not even that far away from Coffin Texts and Sadistic Intent IMO: it's no surprise because they had also some Coffin Texts members in them....
Acid Orgy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Infamy (Us-Cal) dm: dead or alive? Reply with quote

Soul Erosion wrote:

How did Jagger died btw?

Diabetes complications
horrificus

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange I remember years ago he passed in a house fire?
Bestial Walrus

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always heard it was a car accident..
Acid Orgy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember reading about his diabetes related death in an interview with a band member.
Bestial Walrus

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok cool. Thanks for the clarification. Guess i was misinformed all these years..
Acid Orgy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way this band is criminally underrated, the label who did the vinyl version of the full lenght and the demo on 7" still have plenty of copies of both.

https://www.discogs.com/seller/Domain/profile?q=infamy
sabeth

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really good stuff. Do any US distros have those records?
LO

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:59 am    Post subject: Re: Infamy (Us-Cal) dm: dead or alive? Reply with quote

Soul Erosion wrote:
This band released the killer "The blood shall flow" in the 90's through a sublabel of Repulse records in 1998. After that they recorded a demo 2001 which got re-released as a "7.

Then: all of the sudden a clip was made for a new song which also sounded pretty killer ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhmzE6nIf1k ). This was 2 years ago.

Since they don't have facebook, and there are alot of ppl here from California, I was wondering: is this band still active?

How did Jagger died btw?

From Mark Casillias/Guitars:

On March 5, 1998 your original bass player / vocalist, Joshua "Jagger" Heatley, sadly passed away, which mustíve been a big shock not only for the band, but also for close friends and families... Would you mind telling us more about that and what really happened?
Mark: "This is the most difficult subject to talk about, but I will give you the short version. Simply, it was the saddest day for a lot of people. He left behind his girlfriend, their daughter, and his mother. INFAMY is a family based band, therefore everyone close felt a close family member pass away. The rigors of constant touring, partying, and no rest will take anyone to the grave. It just grinded him down to the point of severe exhaustion, then death. It was not supposed to happen, but you know how people just die when they go to the doctor. It was wrong and there is nothing though that anyone can do to turn back time, so we've had to live with this ultra-difficult situation ever since then. I believe his death changed everyone's lives, and not all of them in a positive manner. We still get drunk some nights and talk about digging him up and having him party with us again, but we realize that his spirit is with us always so there is no need to exhume anything!!"

They are also also sort of still active here in So Cal. Alex from Putrefukation has taken over vocals.
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sabeth wrote:
Really good stuff. Do any US distros have those records?

I have the LP and CD in stock.

http://www.nwnprod.com/shop/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=1&keyword=Infamy&x=0&y=0

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

Shiru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still need to get LP.. one of favorites from "younger" years
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: