P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Vothana from Vietnam
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 29, 30, 31  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ypatingasisburys

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AmaLurra wrote:
Basically seems like the guy behind this band wants to appear so true that he makes everyone else look extremely false. Is it 100% this guy ever lived in Vietnam anyway, let alone is of direct Vietnamese origin (I mean, both parents are Vietnamese)? My guess is, without trying to be rash, that he said he came from Vietnam to add an exotic touch to the band, but hey I'm probably wrong and I don't want him to smash up his passport because of it.

The guy is clearly an Asiat and he uses the Vietnamese language on releases. What more do you need to authenticate his heritage, a dna sample? You live in the UK - you should be the first to understand that just because someone is residing in a specific country that doesnt rule out the possibility of a completely alien backround to that of the given 'host' country. In any case, Im not a fan of the project either..
AmaLurra

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ypatingasisburys wrote:
AmaLurra wrote:
Basically seems like the guy behind this band wants to appear so true that he makes everyone else look extremely false. Is it 100% this guy ever lived in Vietnam anyway, let alone is of direct Vietnamese origin (I mean, both parents are Vietnamese)? My guess is, without trying to be rash, that he said he came from Vietnam to add an exotic touch to the band, but hey I'm probably wrong and I don't want him to smash up his passport because of it.

The guy is clearly an Asiat and he uses the Vietnamese language on releases. What more do you need to authenticate his heritage, a dna sample? You live in the UK - you should be the first to understand that just because someone is residing in a specific country that doesnt rule out the possibility of a completely alien backround to that of the given 'host' country. In any case, Im not a fan of the project either..

Well, seeing as Black Metal is a large genre now in regards to the metal scene as a whole bands need to stand out and as such I personally wouldn't blame the guy for saying he is from another country when he is in fact 'not'. I don't rule out the fact he may be Vietnamese, though whether he ever lived in the country is another matter entirely. I'm part Polish though I wouldn't say a band I might start up in the future is from Poland because I've never lived there.
Nocturnal Deathstrike

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reaper's Grave wrote:
I heard the next vothana release will be limited to 1 smashed copy buried with him after he commits suicide following post-production.

Thatīs too true to be true !
Kojiri

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing like the dorkiest of the dork nerd cult collector backstory to bring an otherwise nondescript artist into recognition.

Hey black metal kiddies, if you're too much of a bitch to commit suicide, try smashing up your vinyl... not as powerful, but at least ebay will speak of your legend.

Keep the hate train rollin'
VATRA I SUMPOR

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

n/a

Last edited by VATRA I SUMPOR on Sun May 13, 2018 5:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Malder666

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reaper's Grave wrote:
I heard the next vothana release will be limited to 1 smashed copy buried with him after he commits suicide following post-production.

Razz
The Nihil Congregation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Nihil Congregation wrote:
Does someone has his contact e-mail? I remember he had a distro hosted in geocities, but the site is dead now and lost his contact.
under a funeral shroom

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too bad the distro closed up, he usually had some pretty good stuff in stock.
Warfare Noise

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The band seemed mildly interesting for a bit.....

What I will never understand though about this method of distributing your music is how utterly social it is. I think the fact that he wants to personally approve every listener is beyond pathetic and indicative of a weak mind.

While I understand and respect the motives of LLN, their effect on blackmetal procedures is one of the worst things to happen in the history of this music. At least they did great work though... can't say the same for Kenny Vu...
Kojiri

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only kvlt album with a ridiculous limitation I'd ever pay scads and scads of money for is Taste Our German Steel, because it's an amazing fucking album, every other one of these try hards need to make better music before working on their "agenda".

Keep the hate train rollin'
Reaper's Grave

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheo wrote:
Quote:
After it has been uploaded to the internet, Lord Nebulah destroyed the remaining copies because he publicly released it with the intent of not having the public hear it.

wait, what the fuck?

Bands like to make themselves appear more kvlt that way. Small pressings because "IT'S NOT MEANT TO BE HEARD!" ... huge logical fallacy with that though, why release it at all?

Also both the 10'' records were put out by different labels (Northern Sky and Werewolf Prods respectively)...so obviously someone's going to hear it.

Releases are average though i have heard the two 10'' records on mp3. The second one is pretty good, and one i would like to own. Could care less if i ever own the rest.
Wraith

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AmaLurra wrote:
I don't rule out the fact he may be Vietnamese, though whether he ever lived in the country is another matter entirely. I'm part Polish though I wouldn't say a band I might start up in the future is from Poland because I've never lived there.

Was the same with Baltak.
Blood and Thunder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wraith wrote:
AmaLurra wrote:
I don't rule out the fact he may be Vietnamese, though whether he ever lived in the country is another matter entirely. I'm part Polish though I wouldn't say a band I might start up in the future is from Poland because I've never lived there.

Was the same with Baltak.

If you ever met Peter from Baltak you'd know there was never a more Macedonian soul than he... he is proof that culture is predicated by more than birthplace.

I haven't seeen him for several years. Maybe he is working in tourism for Macedonia now ha ha, would be a master of his craft for sure...
Then the devil must...
Haunt In The Dark

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warfare Noise wrote:

While I understand and respect the motives of LLN, their effect on blackmetal

Have you read the Black Plague zine and got what they're talking about in it?

Their "motives" make about as much sense as the ones from the Vothana dude, or from a 13-year-old who's upset at his parents. And what I can't help noticing too is that they supposedly kicked Meynac'h from LLN because he wasn't "trve enough" but in the end he's the one who stayed involved in the scene the longest. Or if they kept playing in bands, they never used their past notoriety to gain some more success (in which case more power to them.) I quite doubt that's the case though.
Wraith

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blood and Thunder wrote:
If you ever met Peter from Baltak you'd know there was never a more Macedonian soul than he... he is proof that culture is predicated by more than birthplace.

As I remember his interviews, he seemed to be a strange guy. But if he is commited to something, that's fine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 3 of 31

Jump to: