P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Slowness from now until July
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:48 am    Post subject: Slowness from now until July Reply with quote

Slowness from now until July
June 12th, 2006
I will be leaving to go on a two week business trip to India starting this Friday (no, NWN does not pay my bills). While my friend will help me fill orders in my absence, he will not be able to help on a daily basis which will lead to some delays in delivery. Some already confirmed trades might have to wait until my return.

Yosuke

Web: nwnprod.com

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

NWN PROD

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is fucking hot and humid as fuck here. At least the food is good. I've had 6 Masala Dosas in three days.

Ancient_Tyranny

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pardon my stupidity, but what is Masala Dosa?
Anyhow hopefully you enjoy your trip and donīt harm any cows over there Very Happy
Dhorshonkari

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Traditional South Indian delicacy, but found in all parts of India.

Fucking great.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, an excellent meal!

Make sure you check out the "palak paneer"... great stuff.
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm here for work so I haven't had the chance to do much other than eat and sleep. I'll be traveling to some ancient caves this weekend though.

Besides the weather, bad air, and bad hygine the trip has been great so far. I think the company is sending me here again in October. I wish they would send me to Europe instead.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NWN PROD wrote:

Besides the weather, bad air, and bad hygine the trip has been great so far. I think the company is sending me here again in October. I wish they would send me to Europe instead.

Ah the memories haha... Where abouts are you staying?

Being originally from there, I wouldn't mind going back.
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Le Meridien hotel in Pune.

markos

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:02 pm    Post subject: curious/i hate my job Reply with quote

pardon me if this seems nosey, but can i ask what your "day job" is? i've been bumming all night on how much i hate what i'm doing for work currently and i am preparing to hate it even more as i'm about to move to a new city and start at the bottom again. i'm always curious to hear how other seemingly interesting folks make their living, especially when they don't hate it/maybe even enjoy it. anyway, nwn! rules and i hope someday you can make it your job if that's what you'd like. i'd be interested in hearing about any other list member's jobs too. i need some inspiration over here!
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a degree in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology and work for a big Biotech firm. I started out doing tech support for one of their bioinformatics applications, but they recently sent this job to India so I'm more or less their manager now. I'm actually enjoying this position a lot more than my old job as regular tech support. I have to go to India about three times a year to monitor their activities and to streamline any processes that needs improvements. I guess I don't hate the job at the end of the day. The pay is pretty good, I get to travel to exotic countries and I get to make my own hours.

The label will never make enough money to support my lifestyle. I basically have to pump money into the label constantly to keep it going. I don't mind doing this because it's something I enjoy doing.

What do you do for living?

markos

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm a direct care provider at a group home for developmentally disabled adults. i LOVED the job when i first started it 3 years ago and sometimes (definitely not last night though) i still do, but the pay is truly wretched and i think that is at the root of what is bumming me out these days, aside from the burn-out that is just a normal part of this kind of work. i don't want a ton of money, but $9.79/hr BEFORE taxes is just not cutting it. i know, i shouldn't complain, i've got it so much better than so many others. guess i just needed to vent. thanks for listening.
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least the cost of living in Portland is very low. You could not survive here with that kind of pay.

Nocturnal Deathstrike

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iīm installing/fixing DSL and telephone lines at peoples homes for germanys biggest telecommunication company. I love this job because my boss canīt watch my fingers all the time and it requires a lot of autonomy. I donīt think I will ever want to work in an office or construction hall again. I love it that every request has other surprises to offer and you drive a lot around with the car which means I can listen to a lot of music too Very Happy
I was working in a call center for the same company for 3 years before and it was really depressing. I took the calls from those which I visit at home now... I donīt think anyone can imagine how much this can get against your mental and physical health dealing with unsatisfied customers while sitting in front of a computer monitor not moving your ass for 8-10 hours a day. Not to mention those retarded different shifts I had to do. Beside this you are so replaceable in this job and they show it to you every time possible.
Anyway, because of my technical background (I did my job education in this company) I managed to get out of this shithole a year ago.
Well, now still many colleagues of mine hate the job they do, but in my opinion they donīt know how much worse it can be...

The payment compared to other jobs is quite good. Thatīs because before this company became private we were belonging to the state and therefore we still have more or less the same good payment levels as back then...

I know Vermin from AOA is doing quite the same job over there in Canada ...
Ancient_Tyranny

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Nocturnal Deathstrike"]
I was working in a call center for the same company for 3 years before and it was really depressing. I took the calls from those which I visit at home now... I donīt think anyone can imagine how much this can get against your mental and physical health dealing with unsatisfied customers while sitting in front of a computer monitor not moving your ass for 8-10 hours a day. Not to mention those retarded different shifts I had to do.

[quote]

I did the same for some time for the second leading Internet provider in Germany Smile ,It really sucks indeed!
Now Iīam just a student and working for UPS in the evenings which pays the bills
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's pretty much what I was doing as a tech support rep. It does suck to listen to some dumb bitch complain about something she doesn't even understand.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: