P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

WOLVHAMMER "The Monuments of Ash & Bone"
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Blood Music



Joined: 24 Apr 2012
Posts: 1661
Location: Helsinki, Finland

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:26 pm    Post subject: WOLVHAMMER "The Monuments of Ash & Bone" Reply with quote



Wolvhammer “The Monuments of Ash & Bone” [2018]

With the current rapid rise in quality USBM, Chicago/Minneapolis-based quintet Wolvhammer races to the forefront with their incredible fourth album, “The Monuments of Ash & Bone,” which sees them merging the black metal tendencies of Enslaved with the mid-tempo sludge of Celtic Frost.

Four years since their previous release, the band has been honing their craft and are now set to strike.

Far removed from the methodical riffing of their previous works, “The Monuments of Ash & Bone” delivers forty-two minutes of savagery that eschews any frills and goes straight for the throat.

No strangers to the black metal scene, Wolvhammer features key members of Skeletonwitch, Abigail Williams, Nachtmystium, and Novembers Doom. And coming off tours with 1349, Shining, Taake, and Revenge – 2018 looms with the vengeful return of Wolvhammer.

No experimental bullshit, prepare yourselves for the sound of rotten flesh and slow decay.

RECORDING/MIXING: Jarrett Pritchard (Goatwhore, Exhumed).
MASTERING: Ken Sorceron (Abigail Williams, The Faceless).
Both of whom provide additional guitar tracks to the album.

ARTWORK: Brian Sheehan.

RELEASE DATE: May 4th, 2018.

TRACK LIST:

1. Eternal Rotting Misery
2. Call Me Death
3. Law of the Rope
4. Bathed in Moonblood & Wolflight
5. The Failure King
6. Dead Rat, Rotting Raven
7. Solace Eclipsed

LABEL: Blood Music

TEASER:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGDmRbnI5hs
_________________
Releasing: Perturbator, motW, Lykathea Aflame, Sigh, GosT, SYL, Arcturus, Moonsorrow, Nightbringer, Ihsahn, Aquilus, Odium, Kauan, Emperor, Psycroptic.

Blood Music
http://www.blood-music.com
http://www.facebook.com/BlooodMusic
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Blood Music



Joined: 24 Apr 2012
Posts: 1661
Location: Helsinki, Finland

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote



The color configurations for Wolvhammer "The Monuments of Ash & Bone."

* Gold.
* Black.

Will be released on heavyweight vinyl in a heavyweight single-pocket jacket with poly-lined black inner sleeve.

* CD in 6-panel panorama digipack.
_________________
Releasing: Perturbator, motW, Lykathea Aflame, Sigh, GosT, SYL, Arcturus, Moonsorrow, Nightbringer, Ihsahn, Aquilus, Odium, Kauan, Emperor, Psycroptic.

Blood Music
http://www.blood-music.com
http://www.facebook.com/BlooodMusic
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Blood Music



Joined: 24 Apr 2012
Posts: 1661
Location: Helsinki, Finland

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The opening track to the album:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_ZwtUeaKno

Pre-orders are live!

http://www.blood-music.com/store
_________________
Releasing: Perturbator, motW, Lykathea Aflame, Sigh, GosT, SYL, Arcturus, Moonsorrow, Nightbringer, Ihsahn, Aquilus, Odium, Kauan, Emperor, Psycroptic.

Blood Music
http://www.blood-music.com
http://www.facebook.com/BlooodMusic
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Crasse



Joined: 27 Nov 2014
Posts: 2510

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sound is bland as fuck. I liked Black Marketeers... but their sound went downhill since then and this is the kind of music that needs a powerfull sound imo.
_________________
Tapes & shit
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
windsock



Joined: 02 May 2013
Posts: 213

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw this band opening for Revenge and they were very boring!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kvltivation



Joined: 20 May 2015
Posts: 177
Location: Austin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

windsock wrote:
Saw this band opening for Revenge and they were very boring!

_________________
https://www.discogs.com/seller/kvltivation/profile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
raskolnikhilov



Joined: 26 Apr 2012
Posts: 749

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good lord this is awful, but unsurprising given the personnel involved, Metalcore all-star 'Black Metal's supergroup it seems like.
_________________
Ough wrote:
ban op
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wolfram



Joined: 17 Jun 2007
Posts: 4515

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing on this release breathes Black Metal in any way to me: the bandname, the awfull cover, the equally awful bandphoto, the people involved.. Absolutely nothing.
_________________
www.new-era-productions.nl
http://new-era-productions.nl/shop
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WrestInPiss



Joined: 07 Nov 2010
Posts: 1074
Location: USA

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolfram wrote:
Nothing on this release breathes Black Metal in any way to me: the bandname, the awfull cover, the equally awful bandphoto, the people involved.. Absolutely nothing.


Many years ago I booked this band as a favor to their promoter / booking agent at the time. Knowing the turnout on a week night would be slim for an unknown "bm" band, I planned ahead and made them a handful of shirts / patches to sell on rest of their tour. No big deal I thought.

They spent most of the night looking for / bitching about not having coke, then on their "relapse tour diary" they talked shit on the town, bands, show, me, everything even after handing them $100+ of my own money, and shirts I had made for free - fuck this band. It's the little things you never forget about some people.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
BaronOvHell



Joined: 28 Jun 2011
Posts: 937
Location: NH

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not since Twilight have a more boring group of people got together to create such forgettable music
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
legionz



Joined: 06 Apr 2017
Posts: 35

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will check it out. I saw them open for someone in 2016 or 2017 and they were impressively boring.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HellsUnholyGoat



Joined: 18 Jan 2012
Posts: 181
Location: MPLS

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crasse wrote:
The sound is bland as fuck. I liked Black Marketeers... but their sound went downhill since then and this is the kind of music that needs a powerfull sound imo.


I agree. Black Marketeers was pretty rad. They went downhill when they got their current vocalists, who also ruined Skeletonwitch.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Blood Music



Joined: 24 Apr 2012
Posts: 1661
Location: Helsinki, Finland

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw a bunch of replies to this thread and knew it was going to be interesting. Wasn't disappointed.
_________________
Releasing: Perturbator, motW, Lykathea Aflame, Sigh, GosT, SYL, Arcturus, Moonsorrow, Nightbringer, Ihsahn, Aquilus, Odium, Kauan, Emperor, Psycroptic.

Blood Music
http://www.blood-music.com
http://www.facebook.com/BlooodMusic
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Blood Music



Joined: 24 Apr 2012
Posts: 1661
Location: Helsinki, Finland

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WrestInPiss wrote:
Wolfram wrote:
Nothing on this release breathes Black Metal in any way to me: the bandname, the awfull cover, the equally awful bandphoto, the people involved.. Absolutely nothing.


Many years ago I booked this band as a favor to their promoter / booking agent at the time. Knowing the turnout on a week night would be slim for an unknown "bm" band, I planned ahead and made them a handful of shirts / patches to sell on rest of their tour. No big deal I thought.

They spent most of the night looking for / bitching about not having coke, then on their "relapse tour diary" they talked shit on the town, bands, show, me, everything even after handing them $100+ of my own money, and shirts I had made for free - fuck this band. It's the little things you never forget about some people.


This is not good, I'll talk with them about this.
_________________
Releasing: Perturbator, motW, Lykathea Aflame, Sigh, GosT, SYL, Arcturus, Moonsorrow, Nightbringer, Ihsahn, Aquilus, Odium, Kauan, Emperor, Psycroptic.

Blood Music
http://www.blood-music.com
http://www.facebook.com/BlooodMusic
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
WrestInPiss



Joined: 07 Nov 2010
Posts: 1074
Location: USA

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blood Music wrote:
WrestInPiss wrote:
Wolfram wrote:
Nothing on this release breathes Black Metal in any way to me: the bandname, the awfull cover, the equally awful bandphoto, the people involved.. Absolutely nothing.


Many years ago I booked this band as a favor to their promoter / booking agent at the time. Knowing the turnout on a week night would be slim for an unknown "bm" band, I planned ahead and made them a handful of shirts / patches to sell on rest of their tour. No big deal I thought.

They spent most of the night looking for / bitching about not having coke, then on their "relapse tour diary" they talked shit on the town, bands, show, me, everything even after handing them $100+ of my own money, and shirts I had made for free - fuck this band. It's the little things you never forget about some people.


This is not good, I'll talk with them about this.


This was 8 (at least) years ago there's no point in addressing it now. I did a favor for a friend and it didn't work out. Who cares.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group