P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

UK Residents
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mastubator

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

minge-eater wrote:
im from notts , and to be honest we have a great metal scene here. Lots of great bands and venues. Its great not being a cockney

If you live in Nottingham, there's a REALLY good record store that's just opened up (oposite the library, down the side street.)
Bought At wArs Ordered to Kill and Retalitory Strike, Mortuary - Blackened Images and Impaled Nazarene - Tol Compt Norz Norz Norz, all for 20! (under $40 for yankies...) And going back again next week (they had the Excrutiate/Epitaph LP for 4 Laughing )

Militant Antichrist tour passed through London a week ago....
Devoured Death

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not proud to say it, but it seems I'm the most northern person here then, being from Stoke-on-Trent. Fuck all of a metal scene here unless you like chest beating metalcore which dullards seem to label as death and thrash metal.

I'd certainly be up for tape trading as well!

As for noteworthy UK bands other than the ones I've seen mentioned beforehand (excluding Haizum) I'd recommend Diamanthian (killer DM sort of like Incantation and Demigod), Detrimentum and Infected Disarray (though they might be too far on the brutal side for some folk), and Ghast (Black/Doom with Bethlehem style vocals).
Jesus Iglesias

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mastubator wrote:
minge-eater wrote:
im from notts , and to be honest we have a great metal scene here. Lots of great bands and venues. Its great not being a cockney

If you live in Nottingham, there's a REALLY good record store that's just opened up (oposite the library, down the side street.)
Bought At wArs Ordered to Kill and Retalitory Strike, Mortuary - Blackened Images and Impaled Nazarene - Tol Compt Norz Norz Norz, all for 20! (under $40 for yankies...) And going back again next week (they had the Excrutiate/Epitaph LP for 4 Laughing )

lucky you because all the records shops in london are shit
schadel_reich

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesus Iglesias wrote:
Mastubator wrote:
minge-eater wrote:

It is surprising how good the local Worcester record shop is.

My friend has bought tonnes of thrash metal records, including Metal Duck/Lawnmower Deth split and Slayer "Hell Awaits" and I have picked up a few good records from there. It is pretty strange, considering that Worcester is a small city.
Jesus Iglesias

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chrisandrea wrote:
Im from Bristol ....

what about bristol ,is any good records shop there?
Jesus Iglesias

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

schadel_reich wrote:
Jesus Iglesias wrote:
Mastubator wrote:
minge-eater wrote:

It is surprising how good the local Worcester record shop is.

My friend has bought tonnes of thrash metal records, including Metal Duck/Lawnmower Deth split and Slayer "Hell Awaits" and I have picked up a few good records from there. It is pretty strange, considering that Worcester is a small city.

i think i going to move there,here u can find something once in a while
Bestial Aggressor

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesus Iglesias wrote:
Mastubator wrote:
minge-eater wrote:

There are a few shops in Soho that occasionally have good stuff: picked up a signed copy of Morbid Visions(Cogumelo LP) for 8 once.
Nekrokunt_Usurper

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remeber at a local Oxfam I was told about loads of NWOBHM records being sold there (the retard who told me where to buy them, wanted them, but he's a poser so no way I was going to let him get hold of the good stuff)

Btw Malcolm, your friend found Show No Mercy in that shop in Worcester. I need to go back there ASAP as its always packed with great stuff!
nekkroslayer

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Devoured Death wrote:
I'm not proud to say it, but it seems I'm the most northern person here then, being from Stoke-on-Trent. Fuck all of a metal scene here unless you like chest beating metalcore which dullards seem to label as death and thrash metal.

Well, I live near Inverness and let me tell you, that is true horror. Streets crowded by skinny 13yo emo kids and guys thinking Trivium and Bullet For My Valentine are Metal... Yuck Mad
schadel_reich

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nekrokunt_Usurper wrote:
Btw Malcolm, your friend found Show No Mercy in that shop in Worcester. I need to go back there ASAP as its always packed with great stuff!

I know. He was boasting about it. This is why I wish I got EMA, ever since I can't afford big spending trips in that shop. I haven't been in a while, so probably will check it out some lunch time next week.
Nekrokunt_Usurper

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nekkroslayer wrote:
Devoured Death wrote:

Well, I live near Inverness and let me tell you, that is true horror. Streets crowded by skinny 13yo emo kids and guys thinking Trivium and Bullet For My Valentine are Metal... Yuck Mad

Or even, loads of people round here are fucking BRUVVA DIME types. They can like some good stuff then they fuck things up and be gay. I have seen absolute scorn in relationship to my name for saying Pantera suck!
rats_eyes

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm an english settler in Aberdeen, Scotland. Quality metal is thin on the ground here too. Lots of pantera-esque chuggers, lots of metalcore guff. Used to get some decent crust gigs here a few years back, but not so much these days. I don't bother with the record shops here at all, no use to me whatsoever.
Wayne

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in Birmingham.... I feel depressed just saying that.

We usually get a gig worth attending every month or so thanks to the guys who put on the Reanimator Metal Nights, but apart from that it's the same story everyone else has told.
Bestial Aggressor

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rats_eyes wrote:
I'm an english settler in Aberdeen, Scotland. Quality metal is thin on the ground here too. Lots of pantera-esque chuggers, lots of metalcore guff.

This Pantera-core trend is really perplexing, its exactly what a lot of 'metal' folk in Cornwall are into. Its amazing that such a bland and uninteresting band like Pantera can achieve such a huge following...
Wayne

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bestial Aggressor wrote:
rats_eyes wrote:
I'm an english settler in Aberdeen, Scotland. Quality metal is thin on the ground here too. Lots of pantera-esque chuggers, lots of metalcore guff.

This Pantera-core trend is really perplexing, its exactly what a lot of 'metal' folk in Cornwall are into. Its amazing that such a bland and uninteresting band like Pantera can achieve such a huge following...

I actually know of a local poser who's got Dimebag Darrel's face tattooed on his back, I shit you not.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: