P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

UK Residents
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nekrokunt_Usurper

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:27 am    Post subject: UK Residents Reply with quote

Seeing as you probably know how rare it is to find other UK metalheads over here (at least for me as Hereford is pretty isolated), thought it might be cool to have a small discussion thread for people from the UK here.

Concerning decent bands I would say stuff like Daemonolith, Moss, Esoteric are probably the best bands from these shores right now. Also there's Indescinence, Goat Molestor (now Grave Miasma of course), Adorior who are all great too. Any other suggestions?

Also just out of interest which part of the UK do you come from? I just want to meet other people who dig the NWOBHM, Slaughter (Canada), tape trading, 7"s, Blasphemy and the like. There are metalheads here but most don't care for that sort of thing.
Pestkrieg

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another really good band from the UK is Dark Forest. Scythian are pretty decent too.

I'm from Birmingham, certainly interested in tape-trading if others are...
Ichor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ADORIOR's debut is a shredder! I used to like the first THUS DEFILED album as well. I have been to UK twice(in Newcastle) haven't met many metalheads there and the local record shops were kind of poor.... but I was damn lucky to locate a copy of NECRODEATH's "Fragments of insanity" LP for only 4,5 pounds!! as well as the shaped "eagle" picLP of "Seasons in the Abyss/Aggressive perfector" for a fair price. Despite missing the metal edge, I really think that UK is a great place(for a while at least Smile )
Nekrokunt_Usurper

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason why those records are cheap is because no-one really cares. Yeah the country is pretty decent but not amazing. The UK is great for old medieval buildings though definitely, places such as Oxford (around the university), York, parts of London, Worcester, bits and pieces of Hereford, Edinburgh are all really nice to look at, its just a shame that most of the people in the UK ignore our great metal legacy.

I have to admit I've never heard Dark Fortress but what I've heard of Scythian is great. I e-mail Miika every now and again 'cause he did Craven Idol, but he's studying at the moment I think, but he's a great guy. I've also spoken to Alex over myspace too every now and again. If anyone wants to PM me for possible trades then go for it, trouble is most of the stuff I have for trade I either thought was crap, gothic shit, NSBM or just didn't grab me, you might think different though so get in touch!
schadel_reich

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I come from Worcester. I would be interested in tape-trading as well. Not really any bands in Worcester. Closest band to Worcester worth listening to is Haizum from Kidderminster.

Last edited by schadel_reich on Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:55 am; edited 1 time in total
minge-eater

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im from notts , and to be honest we have a great metal scene here. Lots of great bands and venues. Its great not being a cockney

TRUE KVNT
Descension twat of the year
The_Elite

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

minge-eater wrote:
im from notts , and to be honest we have a great metal scene here. Lots of great bands and venues. Its great not being a cockney

You're having a giraffe.

As for bands- listen to Salute. Excellent stuff.
minge-eater

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Elite wrote:
minge-eater wrote:

You're having a giraffe.

As for bands- listen to Salute. Excellent stuff.

hahahahahahahahahaha i like it

TRUE KVNT
Descension twat of the year
Nekrokunt_Usurper

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

schadel_reich wrote:
I come from Worcester. I would be interested in tape-trading as well. Not really any bands in Worcester. Closest band to Worcester worth listening to is Haizum from Kidderminster.

You live in Worcester!!!? Cool I'm going to PM you then as you're in the city right next door to mine. My brother works in the local Waterstones (the one down the alley way) if you're interested, very tall guy with a goatee beard and shortish hair if you've ever seen him.
schadel_reich

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nekrokunt_Usurper wrote:
schadel_reich wrote:

You live in Worcester!!!? Cool I'm going to PM you then as you're in the city right next door to mine. My brother works in the local Waterstones (the one down the alley way) if you're interested, very tall guy with a goatee beard and shortish hair if you've ever seen him.

I think I have seen him. Not sure. Don't usually remember people in Waterstones. Which part of Waterstones does he mainly work in? Basement, ground level or upstairs?
Nekrokunt_Usurper

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't a clue but he's kind of around! Haha.

Apparently there's a local club that plays a few metal bands. I wouldn't really expect many people to really try and make a concious effort to try and remember faces in different shops. Laughing
schadel_reich

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nekrokunt_Usurper wrote:
I haven't a clue but he's kind of around! Haha.

Apparently there's a local club that plays a few metal bands. I wouldn't really expect many people to really try and make a concious effort to try and remember faces in different shops. Laughing

I don't think I have heard of this local club. Confused Only thing similar to that is The Void, but that was mainly metalcore and punk.
Nekrokunt_Usurper

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That may be what he's on about as to be quite honest he's not a metalhead and to be honest I wasn't expecting anything THAT good in Worcester.
Nekrokunt_Usurper

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyway back to the main topic, as far as I recall I remember Lyrinx being an OK band. Also as I said the Goat Molestor demo is excellent. I quite like what Black Grave are doing at the moment too.

Probably have said this before but Grave Miasma/Goat Molestor are definitely one of the better bands in the country, partially because for once someone stopped ripping off Darkthrone or whatever and attempted to create something credible.
Evil_Invader

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

London scene seems really interesting with Pierre from Stratanael Promotions bringing fuckin excellent bands there all the time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: