P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Question for extreme bands and fans.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lobotomizer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:17 am    Post subject: Question for extreme bands and fans. Reply with quote

Bandcamp or soundcloud? WHat are the benefits and/or flaws of each for UG DM/BM ? We Just want to reach the "right people" with our material. True diehards.

As a musician, which do you prefer bandcamp or soundcloud or both? Or hell are their any other websites that re beneficial for extreme music that I have ot listed?

As a fan of the genres, what do you prefer to browse or use bandcamp or soundcloud or both? whats more user friendly etc.

Thanks in advance.
DFP

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bandcamp looks good if you already have some releases out and is completely free of social-media-interaction, so you have to promote the uploads externally (for example on NWN-forum).

Soundcloud looks extremely unappealing (unless you're a Hiphopper or Techno-DJ with no sense for aesthetics anyway) and there you have the usual 10'000 social "friends" and "likers" on your ass again, so my answer to you should be obvious.
Lobotomizer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much for your feedback, being we have no releases and just rehearsal material I guess we will wait. Are demo is planned for late june/early july
Conservationist
banned

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Youtube.
Dimrill

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer to use Bandcamp. The retching sight of people commenting at certain parts of a song with "cool!", "awesome!" or "so epic!" makes me wish for a superpower to break fingers over the Internet.
Conservationist
banned

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of the intertard is like that now, post-1996. I just ignore it. YouTube is a better delivery system with a better backend, and unlike at least one of those dipshit services, it has volume control.
Steken

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely Bandcamp.
firmament

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steken wrote:
Definitely Bandcamp.

Yep. I can see how Soundcloud is useful for labels, but Bandcamp seems the way to go for bands. Doesn't hurt to use both.
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I only LISTEN to the audio streamed off all three of those sites, it really doesn't matter. They all serve the purpose in that case, so really it hardly matters.

If by chance you are addicted to the whole facebook liking and linking and reading/hoarding ridiculous comments endlessly from the global community of 'friends' I suppose that could help decide which one is preferred.
Conservationist
banned

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Where’s the volume control?

There isn’t one. If your fans want to change the volume of the audio on Bandcamp, they adjust their computer or phone’s volume -- simple as that. We’re not trying to build the ultimate platform for them to stream your albums while they play World of Warcraft in another window (which we completely agree would require an independent volume control). The streams on Bandcamp are there so visitors can listen to your music, decide if they like it, and if so, buy or download it. Nothing more.

This site is retarded...
Lobotomizer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah its painful for me to even use the internet to get our shit out there....lost are the times when tape trading and vinyl created a beautiful mystique around our genres.

Something about youtube doesn't sit well with me...even thpugh Ive uploaded some of our shit on there....but I havnt even really thoroughly checked out bandcamp/soundcloud. I guess I need to analize the two in depth. Mt drummer wants me to make a soundcloud....I guess we will see.
Conservationist
banned

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of the two, SoundCloud seems more competent. The problem with YouTube is that it's a Google product, but as a result it's everywhere.
mlotek

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bandcamp.
Sometimes I have checked out all the bands under a specific tag (deathmetal, black metal, thrash, ambient, etc)

soundcloud is ok, if you also have the links posted elsewhere (forums, blogs, facebook), otherwise, more difficult to discover.
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you despise these social media sites, just upload your product to something like mediafire and post the link to download on a site like these forums. It is as close to tape trading as that will ever be as such again.
holy ghost

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer bandcamp... my band has a soundcloud and I don't really like the layout or aesthetic, however I don't upload the stuff or do anything with it as another guy handles it.

I use a bandcamp for my personal stuff and I like the aesthetic but I hate their uploading interface.

However if you click my links you will see that I am definitely not extreme Twisted Evil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: