P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Count Raven - the 3 missing albums - finally on vinyl

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doomedplanet

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:46 pm    Post subject: Count Raven - the 3 missing albums - finally on vinyl Reply with quote

After only 20+ years of waiting "Destruction of the Void", "Messiah of Confusion" and "High on Infinity" finally have received their deluxe editions on double vinyl from Metal Blade Records! Anyone but myself really pleased with this hole in their collection finally being filled with these masterworks?

Metal Blade seems to be continuing to use SST in Germany to do all their master cutting, can anyone telly me what pressing plant these were made at? The quality is some of, if not THE, best quality out there these days. I wonder what other records are coming from this pressing plant? They sound fantastic.
Endsieg

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Count Raven - the 3 missing albums - finally on vinyl Reply with quote

doomedplanet wrote:

Metal Blade seems to be continuing to use SST in Germany to do all their master cutting, can anyone telly me what pressing plant these were made at? The quality is some of, if not THE, best quality out there these days. I wonder what other records are coming from this pressing plant? They sound fantastic.

I am quite sure they used GZ media in czech republic? Maybe they switched as some of the pressings they made for MB had issues. A Cannibal Corpse LP was completely covered in dust which - as it turned out - was down to not letting the record cool down properly after pressing. Sound pretty much like a rush job as GZ are known for, along the poorly executed splatter versions.
AOD

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:17 am    Post subject: Re: Count Raven - the 3 missing albums - finally on vinyl Reply with quote

doomedplanet wrote:

After only 20+ years of waiting "Destruction of the Void", "Messiah of Confusion" and "High on Infinity" finally have received their deluxe editions on double vinyl from Metal Blade Records! Anyone but myself really pleased with this hole in their collection finally being filled with these masterworks?

I am very glad that you like these vinyl editions Smile))
SST is the best cutting service in Germany (and probably Europe). They still do laquer cutting for all stuff !!! No DMM here !!!
mithrandir

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

those look lovely....
doomedplanet

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:38 am    Post subject: Re: Count Raven - the 3 missing albums - finally on vinyl Reply with quote

MB probably switched some years back. They did not use GZ for these. GZ wishes they could press in this quality. Last couple of years all the MBR stuff I have bought seems to be made at this new plant. (which is not a lot, newest Cirith Ungol reissues, new Portrait, these Count Raven and maybe one or 2 other records) I think it might be from Pallas. Simply the best quality pressing I have seen in the last years. period.

BTW It is easy to identify a GZ press by looking at the matrix stamping. and or the pirates press/xvinylx stamp and the static dust cling.

Endsieg wrote:

I am quite sure they used GZ media in czech republic? Maybe they switched as some of the pressings they made for MB had issues. A Cannibal Corpse LP was completely covered in dust which - as it turned out - was down to not letting the record cool down properly after pressing. Sound pretty much like a rush job as GZ are known for, along the poorly executed splatter versions.
doomedplanet

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:42 am    Post subject: Re: Count Raven - the 3 missing albums - finally on vinyl Reply with quote

Of course you needs some props too for your work! I did not show the first Count raven since it is a reissue (but with bonus). I bought it too even though of course i have had an original for 25+ years.

Do you know if these releases are pressed at Pallas or elsewhere?

I have noticed many (but not all) new HRR releases are cut at SST, which is very nice. Even though manufactured at GZ they sound much better after the dust is cleaned off.

AOD wrote:

I am very glad that you like these vinyl editions Smile))
SST is the best cutting service in Germany (and probably Europe). They still do laquer cutting for all stuff !!! No DMM here !!!
Lithium Gates

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, curse you! I repeatedly told myself that I don't need those LPs and now I'm wavering again.
VoKu HiLa

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All CR is great but Mammon's War is their masterpiece.
haterofhumans

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mithrandir wrote:
those look lovely....
Kakarot SS5

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a new search for vinyl collection

Trade/Sale:
http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=40729
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: