P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

Need some reccomendations
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Guest






PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:31 am    Post subject: Need some reccomendations Reply with quote

I have an Old School Death Metal band called Pedo, in my signature you have the myspace link where you can listen to one of our songs. I'm planning to send the demo to some labels, but don't really know that many. Can you tell me of some that might be interested in the kind of music my band plays?

(edit: fixed the typo on the title. "Roccomendations" hehe, it sounded nasty)


Last edited by Guest on Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
Guest






PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's a 'roccomendation' anyway? Something this dude would consider providing perhaps?

Back to top
throneofmight



Joined: 25 Jul 2007
Posts: 2009
Location: Costa Rica

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

with that fucking band name you won't get that far...
_________________
BLAZING OBSCURITY TAPE LABEL| http://blazingobscurity.blogspot.com/
10% discount code: ARMY-KGNG-M488-C8Q4 ONLY on "ARMY" tagged merch at http://www.cmdistro.com/index.aspx
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
avrlabel



Joined: 24 Jul 2007
Posts: 3440

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What PEDO means.Is it something related to pedophilia?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
schadel_reich



Joined: 24 Apr 2007
Posts: 846
Location: England

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Need some roccomendations Reply with quote

Cochino wrote:
I have an Old School Death Metal band called Pedo, in my signature you have the myspace link where you can listen to one of our songs. I'm planning to send the demo to some labels, but don't really know that many. Can you tell me of some that might be interested in the kind of music my band plays?

Not sure, but if you pay me well enough I might send you some children. Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ross Liew



Joined: 13 Jul 2007
Posts: 1604
Location: Malaysia

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give the guy a break.. maybe send your demo to YK/NWN! for a start?
_________________
Looking for DEATH METAL bands!
Get in TOUCH!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Mitch339



Joined: 26 Nov 2006
Posts: 731
Location: Montreal

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the sample from the myspace page is pretty cool!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Straxus



Joined: 07 Nov 2007
Posts: 427
Location: From Peruvian Hell

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

avrlabel wrote:
What PEDO means.Is it something related to pedophilia?


PEDO in spanish popular language means FART, you know, the sound your anus makes when you eat too much shit...
_________________
http://sapainka.blogspot.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
IntoTheAbyss
Guest





PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PEDO, how old are the line-up? Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top
Guest






PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Straxus wrote:
avrlabel wrote:
What PEDO means.Is it something related to pedophilia?


PEDO in spanish popular language means FART, you know, the sound your anus makes when you eat too much shit...

oh REALLY? This explanation was strongly needed cuz we had no idea what a fart was before some peruvian with the most ridiculous boots ever told us.
Back to top
peterott



Joined: 07 Aug 2007
Posts: 4692
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LexTalionis wrote:
Straxus wrote:
avrlabel wrote:
What PEDO means.Is it something related to pedophilia?


PEDO in spanish popular language means FART, you know, the sound your anus makes when you eat too much shit...

oh REALLY? This explanation was strongly needed cuz we had no idea what a fart was before some peruvian with the most ridiculous boots ever told us.



looking at the first reply from you to this thread, it seems you didn't know that (the pedo translation). Therefore the explanation. The boots were part of a different thread. Why are you mocking the same thing here again ? Ridiculous ? By far not, there are dozens of things that look far more ridiculous (including most of your posts). And as you are lacking anything related to the original question:


The music sounds ok, some Hellhammer influenced beats in the beginning. But after 30sec. it turns a bit boring. Improvement needed in the drumsound as well, the bass-drum sounds not good. I would also improve bandname and logo.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
avrlabel



Joined: 24 Jul 2007
Posts: 3440

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree with the band name and improveness.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Guest






PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Retarded name for a band. Maybe itl fly in spanish speaking contries, but elswhere, Rolling Eyes
Back to top
Guest






PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, thanks for the feedback, this is our first demo, and it was recorded just a few months after the band formed. The name will stay and yes, it means "fart", but there's no chance we're gonna change it.
The sound is very poor since we don't have any ProTools, or money to go to a studio, we just recorded a rehearsal with a pc mic, and added the vocals afterwards, since we didn't even have enough amplifiers. We're in the third world after all, hehe.
Anyway I would really appreciate if you can drope some name/addresses of labels or even some 'zines that can have some interest in this stuff.
Back to top
peterott



Joined: 07 Aug 2007
Posts: 4692
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cochino wrote:
OK, thanks for the feedback, this is our first demo, and it was recorded just a few months after the band formed. The name will stay and yes, it means "fart", but there's no chance we're gonna change it.
The sound is very poor since we don't have any ProTools, or money to go to a studio, we just recorded a rehearsal with a pc mic, and added the vocals afterwards, since we didn't even have enough amplifiers. We're in the third world after all, hehe.
Anyway I would really appreciate if you can drope some name/addresses of labels or even some 'zines that can have some interest in this stuff.



check with San/Final Punishment if he is interested doing a Tape-release:
http://diabolical-constellation.com/finalpunishment/
finalpunishmentrecords AT yahoo DOT com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group