P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Parcels sent to the UK
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:23 am    Post subject: Parcels sent to the UK Reply with quote

I've had many parcels from the UK come back to me in 2007. What's going on? Why do they have such a shitty postal system. I know they use two private companies, Royal Mail and Parcel Force. I also know that Parcel Force will not deliver parcels over a certain weight to po boxes. This does not explain most of the parcels that's come back to me or was lost in the past 12 months or so. I'm about to say fuck it and not accept orders from the UK anymore.

Anyone have any information on what the problem is and how to avoid returned parcels? I know this is wishful thinking...

Web: nwnprod.com

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

IronBloodBlasphemy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never had a problem sending things there, but receiving stuff takes forever! I'm waiting on one package now at least 6 weeks Shocked
and a trade that's now going on about 2 weeks that was supposedly sent airmail. My package arrived there in two days. Fuck off UK post
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep in mind that it is just a matter of statistics. I send out hundreds of parcels monthly. A big chunk of these go to the UK.

Pestkrieg

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The UK postal service is pretty shitty, but I wouldn't have thought it was that bad. If you're really getting that many parcels returned, might be worth complaining to Royal Mail, or at least asking why. I haven't ordered any large parcels from you, but all mine have got here exceptionally quickly, without any problems. Haven't had any problems with other distros either.
schadel_reich

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All stuff I have ordered has arrived quickly, but other than that the Royal Mail is shitty. They are constantly on strike etc. Hopefully some time soon someone will give the bloody wankers a good kick up the arse.
minge-eater

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

seems all your parcels to me have come by parcel force and not royal mail. When ive not been into collect the parcels there a fucking nightmare to get again as they dont really do a local pick up for them. I have to travel to get them, unlike the royal mail which is an easy pick up.

May be some people just are not picking up there parcels, thats the only reason they usually return to sender

TRUE KVNT
Descension twat of the year
Grief

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the UK Parcel Force deliver any package that weighs more than a couple of kilos, Royal Mail do the small stuff.

I've not had any real problems to speak of. It is true that there's no courier company here that will take a package to an overseas PO box - i tried Fed Ex, DHL, UPS, Interlink, Parcel Force when we last traded and all required a physical address to which to deliver.

I don't have any problems with receiving post as it is delivered straight to my office by the postman or courier.

I did receive a package today from Parcel Force that has been shipped from LA priority registered 14th Dec which i thought was pretty slow.

http://www.discogs.com/seller/Grief_Foundation
peterott

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grief wrote:

I did receive a package today from Parcel Force that has been shipped from LA priority registered 14th Dec which i thought was pretty slow.

Yesterday I got a small parcel from the US (3 tapes included), with airmail sticker and stamped on the 17th of december...
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the hand-off process from one courier company to the other is pretty fucked up in the UK. That's the only thing I can think of...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While we're at it, has anyone experienced abnormal delays with correspondence from the States lately? Last time I traded with Yosuke his stuff took more than a month to reach me, right now I'm waiting for some dvds/lps which according to the guys I'm dealing with have been shipped 5-6 weeks ago already. Are the customs fucking things up more than usual or..?
huja

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LexTalionis wrote:
While we're at it, has anyone experienced abnormal delays with correspondence from the States lately? Last time I traded with Yosuke his stuff took more than a month to reach me, right now I'm waiting for some dvds/lps which according to the guys I'm dealing with have been shipped 5-6 weeks ago already. Are the customs fucking things up more than usual or..?

maybe because of holidays? i just traded with mitch339 (canada) recently. i sent his package off december 21st and he got it either jan 3rd or 4th.
BreedingtheSpawn

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The mail system here in the States lately to me does seem to be a bit slow. I ordered one CD from The End and it was two weeks before I got it. Placed and order with Relapse and wondering how long it will take, before the order arrives.
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The mail system here in the States lately to me does seem to be a bit slow. I ordered one CD from The End and it was two weeks before I got it. Placed and order with Relapse and wondering how long it will take, before the order arrives.

This is most likely due to the shitmas season rush. You should have seen how many people were lining up at the post office right before shitmas. Good thing the postal ladies like me because I was holding up the line like crazy.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

huja wrote:
maybe because of holidays? i just traded with mitch339 (canada) recently. i sent his package off december 21st and he got it either jan 3rd or 4th.

Not so sure about that, I had to wait 2 months for some parcel shipped from Metal Haven and that was in early october, Yosuke's parcel was sent to me early november (I think) and still took several weeks to find its way to me. Don't know what to think actually.
tom245

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If a parcel is too big to be put through the postbox and you're not in they take it to a nearby post office and leave you with a note explaining how to get it. If you don't get it in 7(?) days they return it to the sender. The only thing i can think of is that people are too busy because of the xmas holidays and don't get round to picking it up in time.

I get stuff from the states all the time. Never had an item returned to sender.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: