P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Invictus news: DEATHCULT MMXII cassette OUT NOW!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scentofdeath

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Invictus wrote:
scentofdeath wrote:
I wonder if the track "Ultra Silvam" is some traditional or folk cover... It's a beautiful track.

No, it's not a folk cover.

So it's their own composition?
Invictus

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scentofdeath wrote:
So it's their own composition?

Yep, completely. To me, it's reminiscent of The Doors and Fields of the Nephilim.
BBQ Booking

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Invictus wrote:
vansinne wrote:
Is it possible to pay through Euro bank transfer? Experiencing some problems with Paypal at the moment...

Absolutely. No problem at all.

The t shirt and hood are exclusive to Invictus and won't be available on the tour.

Henry, I might have a shirt left when you're here. What size?

I'm sure IB will have merch.

I usually wear size S here so I guess size M in Europe? Thanks!
Frozen

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm on my third listen right now. I really like all the components, but the progressive parts often tend to be nothing more than mere (albeit well-done) decorations on a borderline generic Metal foundation. A lot of the songs seem a bit underdeveloped really. It's hardly a riff-fest at all, and maybe it wasn't meant to be. But I for one would have liked the riffs to be in the same league as the leads. An album full of great ideas, but also one that lacks in the most basic areas.
In Solitude

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, not sure what to think yet. Tons of Watain influence (not straight rip off, but...) and it hasn't really grabbed ahold of me. Will give it a another try.
Pestkrieg

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I first heard the sample tracks I wasn't too impressed, but listening to them in the context of the album they make much more sense. Very impressive record, if a bit long. The best songs however are definitely the more epic and developed ones. I hope with the next record they take a real step into the unknown, and pursue this direction, as their more straight ahead material just doesn't quite have the bite that it needs to have. Looking forward to spinning this a lot more...

And the instrumental work is fantastic; really creative and interesting players all round, aside from the vocals, which are a little generic.
Karan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted a "The Horror" pt. II as that one reminded me a lot to early MERCILESS...and that was an easy way to go...and then they decided to take a bit different path...and if there was a band able to succeed it was TRIBULATION...this album will be a referencein years to come...now, the usual NWN! forum questions...when will be the vynil version? And who carries the CD in the US of A? A metal salute to INVICTUS for releasing this one...another fine addition to a great catalogue...
Invictus

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karan wrote:
when will be the vynil version?

The layout isn't complete yet but I would hope it will go to press next month (once we're all agreed, of course).

Karan wrote:
And who carries the CD in the US of A?

AJNA is handling the US release of it and will co-release the vinyl of it with Invictus as well.
Najamudra

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are the shirts for sale during the tour available somewhere else??
Les brumes spectrales qui font le trépas.
DeathFuckingMetal

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HELLCAST did an interview with Adam Zaars.

To listen:
http://hellcast.hellsheadbangers.com/8907/79437-episode-26-old-school
http://www.mixcloud.com/HELLCAST/episode-26-old-school/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKlHrxAo0VE
Invictus

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Najamudra wrote:

Tour shirt was available only on the tour. I have an exclusive shirt and hoody design available from the web store for pre-order (waiting on them from the printer currently).

Anyone waiting on a pre order for other shirts, I'm working through em since yesterday as quickly as I can. Sent a mass email to people today letting everyone know that they're being sent out along with orders received when I was on the tour.
Under Command

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ordered.

From what I heard, it seems really interesting and good. Some lead guitars reminded me of Sabbat (japan).

The "dancing" riffs toward the end of Wanderer in outer darkness reminds me of Satyricon as well.
Najamudra

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Invictus wrote:
Najamudra wrote:

Tour shirt was available only on the tour. I have an exclusive shirt and hoody design available from the web store for pre-order (waiting on them from the printer currently).

Anyone waiting on a pre order for other shirts, I'm working through em since yesterday as quickly as I can. Sent a mass email to people today letting everyone know that they're being sent out along with orders received when I was on the tour.

SHIT, I WANT THOSE GOD DAMNED SHIRTS. TRIBULATION DOES NOT ANSWER ON FB.

(I already pre-ordered the hoodie)
Les brumes spectrales qui font le trépas.
Dalen

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frozen wrote:
I'm on my third listen right now. I really like all the components, but the progressive parts often tend to be nothing more than mere (albeit well-done) decorations on a borderline generic Metal foundation. A lot of the songs seem a bit underdeveloped really. It's hardly a riff-fest at all, and maybe it wasn't meant to be. But I for one would have liked the riffs to be in the same league as the leads. An album full of great ideas, but also one that lacks in the most basic areas.

I haven't given it as many listens as I'd want to yet cos I'm waiting until I buy it, but you are wrong mister. I believe this album was never supposed to be a riff-fest, nor was it meant to focus on the progressive parts solely; its magic's found in the production and how everything sounds incorporated. Personally, I consider it a masterpiece, Tribulation is the only band out there who managed to fuel their death metal music with a prog touch without losing its primal edge. How many bands can you think of, who accomplished such a perfectly balanced mix of influences? I don't think there's any other.
Shiru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dalen wrote:
I haven't given it as many listens as I'd want to yet cos I'm waiting until I buy it, but you are wrong mister. I believe this album was never supposed to be a riff-fest, nor was it meant to focus on the progressive parts solely; its magic's found in the production and how everything sounds incorporated. Personally, I consider it a masterpiece, Tribulation is the only band out there who managed to fuel their death metal music with a prog touch without losing its primal edge. How many bands can you think of, who accomplished such a perfectly balanced mix of influences? I don't think there's any other.

Kinda same here, i even agree on most of things... expect couple of details like i think to get labeled "masterpiece" music must past time-test, and "only band out there who managed" is also a bit too loud words.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 16 of 19

Jump to: