P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

SATANIC WARMASTER THROWN OFF THE HELLFEST BILL.
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
harmless

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:57 am    Post subject: SATANIC WARMASTER THROWN OFF THE HELLFEST BILL. Reply with quote

I DIDN'T KNOW MEGADETH WERE PLAYIN'...

Finnish black metal band SATANIC WARMASTER has been removed from the French Hellfest festival (held in Clisson, France in July 2011) because of pressure from other artists performing at the festival. SATANIC WARMASTER has made the following statement due to the decision of the Hellfest organizers:

Quote:
”It has been brough to my attention, that the organizers of the festival cannot hold on to our agreement to have SATANIC WARMASTER perform at the 2011 Hellfest. This was because of pressure put to the organizers by other artists booked on the festival.

”It is a disappointment (despite being totally expected) to see such mentality still present in the ’individualist’ and ’free-thinking’ metal community that any musical act can still be boycotted because of false preconceptions and arbitrary political motivations of other, ’bigger’ artists. It is also more than amusing to see that the censorship and boycott some of the French authorities tried to push on the festival earlier are now excercised by the festival organization itself.

”Obviously because I have never upheld any modern taboos or lived my life as an apologetic dabbler, it makes me also a target for politically motivated artists to keep us from playing because of their self-righteous reasons. Any artist can be put on a mock trial by taking words out of their context without thinking of the actual message, and SATANIC WARMASTER once again hangs crucified by hysterics driven by the love for a world and values I feel no oneness with.

”Everyone who has even slightest interest in this musical style knows what black metal is about, and in that light only a moralist or someone with a very extreme double standard can say that SATANIC WARMASTER is in some manner different from other artists of the genre.

”It makes me want to puke for making a statement like this, which is almost something that a politician would do, but to clear some things, it was mandatory to bite the bullet this time.

”Just to make sure everyone has their labels right, SATANIC WARMASTER's ideology is Satanism and music style black metal. Whoever claims otherwise does so only because of personal feelings and/or resentment.

-Werwolf / SATANIC WARMASTER”
Kojiri

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trade/Buy/Sell!: addo_of_nex, Black_Fire, bunyip, cannibal_riot, cursed blood, dawid, Deathammer, etdeath, wvrm

Last edited by Kojiri on Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Tireheb

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be interesting to know that which band(s) caused the cancellation.
I have this record and can someone tell me what it sounds like, please.

"You can't hide the hook!"
probert

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what the fuck

who are the other bands?!
Descension

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SATANIC WARMASTER are just too kvlt for "Hell"fest. It had to happen eventually...
Kojiri

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Satanic Warhamster are a hilarious band to target, they're not very good but they're apparently big enough to get the negative press from the lib-ed college metal hippie brotherly love crowd.

Poor Nazgul

They should fill their place with GBK

Trade/Buy/Sell!: addo_of_nex, Black_Fire, bunyip, cannibal_riot, cursed blood, dawid, Deathammer, etdeath, wvrm
harmless

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kojiri wrote:
Satanic Warhamster are a hilarious band to target, they're not very good but they're apparently big enough to get the negative press from the lib-ed college metal hippie brotherly love crowd.

Poor Nazgul

Don't joke about stuff like this. Somewhere in Paris there's a Renault Twingo being overturned.
probert

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeh im not really into swm but thats not the point

who is nazgul?

edit: im obviously not into them since i didnt know he went by that name but i just read it somewhere.

Last edited by probert on Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:54 am; edited 1 time in total
ogmetal

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

harmless wrote:
Kojiri wrote:

Poor Nazgul

Don't joke about stuff like this. Somewhere in Paris there's a Renault Twingo being overturned.
haha...this is srs bsns
probert

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha i didnt know what hellfest was, im at the page now.. i blame Mr. Big
The_Elite

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is highly unlikely that this was due to the bands. Hellfest has had pressure from the Catholic church and politicians for a number of years, and last years festival was meant to be the last at that particular site as the strong Catholic sentiment locally had essentially almost forced it away. Combined with the fact Watain were on the bill last year as well- there was quite a media storm and even drew in politicians backing the organisers to the festival.
I'd guess they were removed to ease the pressure on the organisers themselves.
Sv.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't be surprised if some left winged rats like ANTIFA have anything to do with this.

Black_Fire wrote:

rarely i see young girl that i dont want to fuck even when i'm drunk.... but she to ugly!
Tireheb

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But the statement says that pressure came from the other bands booked to the fest. So it would be interesting to know which ones.
I have this record and can someone tell me what it sounds like, please.

"You can't hide the hook!"
Hørus

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sv. wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised if some left winged rats like ANTIFA have anything to do with this.

you don't know what you're talking about right ?

In France, the left wing support the Hellfest against the catholic radical right wing...

the official statement from SW is that another band did not want to have SW in the same festival than them (rumors talk about Bolt Thrower), why talking about anything else ?
2014 list (Seth, SFE, Satanic Warmaster, Blut Aus Nord, Sunn O))), Shining, Celestia, Mz.412, Hellfest, ...) : http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=814863#814863
Wraith

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tireheb wrote:
But the statement says that pressure came from the other bands booked to the fest. So it would be interesting to know which ones.

Kreator, Jello Biafra, Cavalera Conspiracy, Bad Brains....could be anyone. Funny fact that Anal Cunt are nevertheless on the billing too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 1 of 24

Jump to: