P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

SATANIC WARMASTER THROWN OFF THE HELLFEST BILL.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 22, 23, 24  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
blewcheer



Joined: 02 May 2010
Posts: 4032

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blodhemn9 wrote:
Ketchup is children's food.


Put it on applesauce sometime. Seriously.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DeKay



Joined: 05 Mar 2011
Posts: 548
Location: Down There...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NEVER put ketchup on baked eggs.
_________________
PeterVenkman wrote:
the Internet is the best invention ever if only for music and porn.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wraith



Joined: 02 Aug 2009
Posts: 2524

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The real magick is to mix Ketchup with Mayo, which is a quite good and reduced example of what a Cocktail sauce is all about. Maybe this technique would unite all of Belgium?

Last edited by Wraith on Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Aszfargoth



Joined: 07 May 2011
Posts: 278

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put applesauce on almost anything that consists of meat at least partially.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Piotr Sargnagel



Joined: 25 Aug 2008
Posts: 2195
Location: At home, in front of my computer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dalecooper wrote:
LuiSlayer wrote:
DeKay wrote:
Most of the time we eat fries with mayonaise, but the majority of us prefer carbonade flamande instead when it's about taste.




Soooooo good...


What's that brown stuff? Meat?


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbonade_Flamande

Never had it but it sounds fucking delicious.


crap, I want some of this, looks great!
_________________
Cat skin gloves can't be cheap and whose gonna pay if someone tells a man how to play and they have to go and deck all of their gear.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
blodhemn9



Joined: 12 Aug 2009
Posts: 5055
Location: Chicago

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blewcheer wrote:
blodhemn9 wrote:
Ketchup is children's food.


Put it on applesauce sometime. Seriously.


really ? Not a big applesauce fan...but I will give it a try !
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
blewcheer



Joined: 02 May 2010
Posts: 4032

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blodhemn9 wrote:
blewcheer wrote:
blodhemn9 wrote:
Ketchup is children's food.


Put it on applesauce sometime. Seriously.


really ? Not a big applesauce fan...but I will give it a try !


I discovered it as a kid when my mom would make dinner and I'd get ketchup in my applesauce. Now as an adult I eat like a retard. haha
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DeKay



Joined: 05 Mar 2011
Posts: 548
Location: Down There...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wraith wrote:
The real magick is to mix Ketchup with Mayo, which is a quite good and reduced example of what a Cocktail sauce is all about. Maybe this technique would unite all of Belgium?


This 'technique' is well known around here and still doesn't unite the country. But nice try. Ever thought about moving to Belgium and starting a political career?
_________________
PeterVenkman wrote:
the Internet is the best invention ever if only for music and porn.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ZummahT



Joined: 04 Aug 2009
Posts: 695
Location: NYFC

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wraith wrote:
The real magick is to mix Ketchup with Mayo, which is a quite good and reduced example of what a Cocktail sauce is all about.


Best mix ever!!!
_________________
Eva, ave Isis. Vade Lilith, vade retro Mirzam! Jesus Bethlemitus maledictus est! Gloria tibi, Domine Lucifere, per omnia saecula, saeculorum. Amen.

AGRATH
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wraith



Joined: 02 Aug 2009
Posts: 2524

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeKay wrote:
This 'technique' is well known around here and still doesn't unite the country. But nice try. Ever thought about moving to Belgium and starting a political career?


Seriously, I don't get why it doesn't really work out with that Germanic-Romanic cleavage you have in your country. Is it a matter of the % of the whole population or is the bug somewhere in the political system? It seems to work at least in Canada and Switzerland (where the Romanic parts are the minority).

And: What part has the German minority in this conflict?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
DeKay



Joined: 05 Mar 2011
Posts: 548
Location: Down There...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wraith wrote:
DeKay wrote:
This 'technique' is well known around here and still doesn't unite the country. But nice try. Ever thought about moving to Belgium and starting a political career?


Seriously, I don't get why it doesn't really work out with that Germanic-Romanic cleavage you have in your country. Is it a matter of the % of the whole population or is the bug somewhere in the political system? It seems to work at least in Canada and Switzerland (where the Romanic parts are the minority).

And: What part has the German minority in this conflict?


I'll try to explain this short:

Our modern language border dates to 57 BC, the Romans mainly settled on the Romanic side because it was closer to them, while the Germanic part was the most northern part of the Roman Empire. Because of this, we've always been some kind of border state and Germany and France loved to fight in/near our patch of land.

No real problems 'til the 19th century, when Belgium got independent. Around that time, French was the language of the elite and so most higher class things in Belgium were in the hands of French-speaking people. As a reaction, cultural Flemish-nationalism (flamigantism) developed. This movement mainly consisted of artists who wanted to re-establish Dutch as an in important language in Belgium. Belgium got independent after splitting from the Netherlands, the Belgian Revolution was caused by protest of the French-speaking aristocracy who didn't like Duth rule. So Flemish got surpressed and most officials only spoke French.

During WWI some soldiers became interested in the ideas of cultural flamigantism and after the War, pro-Flemish political ideas developed, some became extremely radical, like a Flemish version of Nazism.
That's the early history.

During the late 60s/early 70s, protests by students started. French was still the dominant language in all Belgian universities. Another revival of cultural flamigantism started and this time, the whole Flemish population followed the idea. Flanders got their fields back. But we suffered from the war and Flanders was poor. So Wallonia (French part) gave us some of the money they earned from their mines, to keep the national economy in balance. Immigrants came over to work in the mines, resulting in Walloons moving to the language border and settling in Flemish villages, especially around Brussels.

The Walloons started asking for bilingual services in these villages, this way they pissed off the flamigants. The mines in Wallonia stopped operating and Wallonia became the poorer part of the country, stuck with their mines. The roles changed, Flanders became the richer part and now we give money to Wallonia instead. In the meantime, flamigantism got political since the Interbellum and decided it's best to split Belgium in two, 2 people and 2 states. So the fact that we fund Wallonia hurts them. It makes them think about that time in history when we (the Flemish) were ruled by France, Spain and every other empire which conquered our land. They feel like serfs.

And that is the reason of the current conflict: some of us want to split the country, others don't. A flamigant party (N-VA)'won' the elections and are now trying to make a government with the Walloon politicians (spearheaded by the socialist party). The Walloon politicians don't like this, because they know the N-VA wants to stop money transfers to Wallonia, stop the French dominance along the language border and give Flanders more independence in general. But even in the Flemish part of the government, there are various sides: N-VA wants more independence, the socialist and liberal parties want to keep the country together. And that's why we never had a decent government.

tl;dr This problem is going on for years now and most of the population doesn't care anymore. First the problem was social and politicians didn't care, now only politicians care.

And the Germans? They side with the Walloons, because it's in their profit and they don't want to be labelled as nazi's.
_________________
PeterVenkman wrote:
the Internet is the best invention ever if only for music and porn.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wraith



Joined: 02 Aug 2009
Posts: 2524

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting read, thanks for your effort!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Oblivion



Joined: 22 Aug 2009
Posts: 257
Location: Normannia ducatus

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeKay wrote:
Wraith wrote:
DeKay wrote:
This 'technique' is well known around here and still doesn't unite the country. But nice try. Ever thought about moving to Belgium and starting a political career?


Seriously, I don't get why it doesn't really work out with that Germanic-Romanic cleavage you have in your country. Is it a matter of the % of the whole population or is the bug somewhere in the political system? It seems to work at least in Canada and Switzerland (where the Romanic parts are the minority).

And: What part has the German minority in this conflict?


I'll try to explain this short:

Our modern language border dates to 57 BC, the Romans mainly settled on the Romanic side because it was closer to them, while the Germanic part was the most northern part of the Roman Empire. Because of this, we've always been some kind of border state and Germany and France loved to fight in/near our patch of land.

No real problems 'til the 19th century, when Belgium got independent. Around that time, French was the language of the elite and so most higher class things in Belgium were in the hands of French-speaking people. As a reaction, cultural Flemish-nationalism (flamigantism) developed. This movement mainly consisted of artists who wanted to re-establish Dutch as an in important language in Belgium. Belgium got independent after splitting from the Netherlands, the Belgian Revolution was caused by protest of the French-speaking aristocracy who didn't like Duth rule. So Flemish got surpressed and most officials only spoke French.

During WWI some soldiers became interested in the ideas of cultural flamigantism and after the War, pro-Flemish political ideas developed, some became extremely radical, like a Flemish version of Nazism.
That's the early history.

During the late 60s/early 70s, protests by students started. French was still the dominant language in all Belgian universities. Another revival of cultural flamigantism started and this time, the whole Flemish population followed the idea. Flanders got their fields back. But we suffered from the war and Flanders was poor. So Wallonia (French part) gave us some of the money they earned from their mines, to keep the national economy in balance. Immigrants came over to work in the mines, resulting in Walloons moving to the language border and settling in Flemish villages, especially around Brussels.

The Walloons started asking for bilingual services in these villages, this way they pissed off the flamigants. The mines in Wallonia stopped operating and Wallonia became the poorer part of the country, stuck with their mines. The roles changed, Flanders became the richer part and now we give money to Wallonia instead. In the meantime, flamigantism got political since the Interbellum and decided it's best to split Belgium in two, 2 people and 2 states. So the fact that we fund Wallonia hurts them. It makes them think about that time in history when we (the Flemish) were ruled by France, Spain and every other empire which conquered our land. They feel like serfs.

And that is the reason of the current conflict: some of us want to split the country, others don't. A flamigant party (N-VA)'won' the elections and are now trying to make a government with the Walloon politicians (spearheaded by the socialist party). The Walloon politicians don't like this, because they know the N-VA wants to stop money transfers to Wallonia, stop the French dominance along the language border and give Flanders more independence in general. But even in the Flemish part of the government, there are various sides: N-VA wants more independence, the socialist and liberal parties want to keep the country together. And that's why we never had a decent government.

tl;dr This problem is going on for years now and most of the population doesn't care anymore. First the problem was social and politicians didn't care, now only politicians care.

And the Germans? They side with the Walloons, because it's in their profit and they don't want to be labelled as nazi's.


Wallonia and France: Do you think that a unification is possible?
_________________
THOR AE!

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DeKay



Joined: 05 Mar 2011
Posts: 548
Location: Down There...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. Some Walloons love France, but they've been split for so many years, a real unification is impossible. If they unified with France, they would become nothing more but a marginal sub-group of French people.
_________________
PeterVenkman wrote:
the Internet is the best invention ever if only for music and porn.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
asmael LeBouc



Joined: 02 Nov 2009
Posts: 3534
Location: Paris

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite impossible indeed

a sovereign state in the European community won't merge with another now
it's quite the opposite actually states are beign divided, everyone wants independence, look athe what happened with Russia and the trend is still going on all over Europe, some regions with a "strong" identity (often far from the political center of said state) want to be independent.
That's regionalism and PAROCHIALISM
that's lame
Some regionalist douche in Corsica and Brittany want independence (lol)
Wales and Scottland are slowly moving towards independence from England and the Westminster

So i dont see an entire State accepting to become nothing more than a Province, a region...
_________________
DISJECTA MEMBRAE plays Vomitive Doom

TRADE / WANT LIST ! ! ! :
http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12006/
Good sellers/traders: ChapelOfDoom, thetrueevil/ GoldenBull, Hobophobic, NWN PROD
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 23 of 24

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group