P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Boss Tweed "DIE YOU BITCH" on stormbringer...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DESECRATOR777

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry for the wrong email address. yeah damon is handling the orders with the quickness and its also nice to support the band directly when you can. great release!
Stormbringer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:45 am    Post subject: Re: Boss Tweed "DIE YOU BITCH" on stormbringer... Reply with quote

DESECRATOR777 wrote:
So apparently the ever slow and strange label stormbringer finally unleashed this Lp.

Interesting that these days when a label prefer to focus on one release and spend time to make sure it comes out as good as possible instead of rushing out an inferior product before moving on to the next release, you're considered slow and strange.

The reason why it took some 15 months for this record to come out was because the drummer destroyed ALL material (photos, master tapes etc) some years ago. A lot of photos had been scanned before this happened, but only in low resolution jpg files that would look like shit in print. Luckily an old friend of the band had a whole bunch of old negatives that we could use, but it took him some 8-10 months to do this due to him being busy with several jobs.

The Vice / The Kill record took something like two years to release. None of the master tapes were available so we had to dig up the best possible sounding tape copies and remaster them. Also, the guitarist were all talk and no action. It's not like I'm sitting on my ass doing nothing.

Like it's already been mentioned, for people in the US copies are available from Damon, the guitarist of Boss Tweed. The e-mail address Rob mentioned is the correct one. I'm working on getting distributors here in Europe. High Roller have several copies is anyone is interested.

The Frigid Bich record is up next and will be out later on this year. The band is working on the graphics. It will include the mark II era of the band (1983 - 85). It will come with a gatefold sleeve and most likely with a 20 page booklet.

[/img]
DESECRATOR777

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:11 am    Post subject: Re: Boss Tweed "DIE YOU BITCH" on stormbringer... Reply with quote

[quote="Stormbringer"]
DESECRATOR777 wrote:
So apparently the ever slow and strange label stormbringer finally unleashed this Lp.

Interesting that these days when a label prefer to focus on one release and spend time to make sure it comes out as good as possible instead of rushing out an inferior product before moving on to the next release, you're considered slow and strange.

The reason why it took some 15 months for this record to come out was because the drummer destroyed ALL material (photos, master tapes etc) some years ago. A lot of photos had been scanned before this happened, but only in low resolution jpg files that would look like shit in print. Luckily an old friend of the band had a whole bunch of old negatives that we could use, but it took him some 8-10 months to do this due to him being busy with several jobs.

The Vice / The Kill record took something like two years to release. None of the master tapes were available so we had to dig up the best possible sounding tape copies and remaster them. Also, the guitarist were all talk and no action. It's not like I'm sitting on my ass doing nothing.

Like it's already been mentioned, for people in the US copies are available from Damon, the guitarist of Boss Tweed. The e-mail address Rob mentioned is the correct one. I'm working on getting distributors here in Europe. High Roller have several copies is anyone is interested.

The Frigid Bich record is up next and will be out later on this year. The band is working on the graphics. It will include the mark II era of the band (1983 - 85). It will come with a gatefold sleeve and most likely with a 20 page booklet.

Simply put I was under the impression that is was not coming out due to zero answers to my emails. No surprise there right PAL??
regardless the release is great and don't take it personal when someone tries to inquire about supporting your label and you decide not answer. which for the most part is about 95% of european labels / bands / distros. we are on New York Time PAL!!

Laughing Laughing Laughing Rolling Eyes
Stormbringer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When did you send these mails??? I reply to all mails I get related to Stormbringer, unless it's people who only want to trade stuff that I have no interest in. Kinda hard to reply to mails which I never have received. If there's any info you need, just drop me a line to the e-mail address mentioned on the back on the Boss Tweed record and I'll get back to you for sure.
IXTAB
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DESECRATOR777 wrote:
sorry for the wrong email address. yeah damon is handling the orders with the quickness and its also nice to support the band directly when you can. great release!

Mine arrived today from the band. Great release with a really nice booklet, and Damon was incredibly fast with shipping (paid Tuesday night, somehow arrived Friday via media mail from Texas)!
Kojiri

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IXTAB wrote:
DESECRATOR777 wrote:

Mine arrived today from the band. Great release with a really nice booklet, and Damon was incredibly fast with shipping (paid Tuesday night, somehow arrived Friday via media mail from Texas)!

What he said.

Trade/Buy/Sell!: addo_of_nex, Black_Fire, bunyip, cannibal_riot, cursed blood, dawid, Deathammer, etdeath, wvrm
doomedplanet

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simply put: this album is monumental. The music speaks for itself, but I guess there will be many people on this forum that don't know them. Classic 80's metal the way it isn't done anymore unfortunately. The presentation is stellar. The photos in the booklet just knocked me on my ass, they are the definition of underground US 80's metal. That photo of Lance with Cirith Ungol blows my mind. other photos w/ Betsy, Carruth, Metallica, jag Panzer, The Rods (I think, might be a false ID on my part) Lance rising from his coffin on stage, just the best !
IronBloodBlasphemy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

got mine today
came out sweet.
yamwil

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronBloodBlasphemy wrote:
got mine today
came out sweet.

me too.. its awesome! thanks for this thread, cuz i never heard of these guys before
Carlzilla

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know if this is still available from a US distro or the band? Been listening to some stuff on youtube and it fucking kills.

And now we have fags complaining about other fags. A "fagoboros" if you will.

http://www.last.fm/user/carlzilla
IXTAB
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carlzilla wrote:
Anyone know if this is still available from a US distro or the band? Been listening to some stuff on youtube and it fucking kills.

Contact Damon at bosstweedlp@charter.net. You won't regret getting this.
probert

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is my record of the year
Holocaust

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This band is amazing.
DAWNBRINGER

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I;ve only heard a demo or two. What is different about this LP? The Demos RIPPED...
Stormbringer

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LP icnludes the Jacuzzi Murders track from the Iron Tyrants compilation LP, 1984 demo songs and two live songs from 1982.

As far as I know Damon still have copies left.

Last edited by Stormbringer on Mon May 23, 2011 9:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: