P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Outrageous Reverie Above the Erosion of Barren Earth

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AmaLurra

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:10 am    Post subject: Outrageous Reverie Above the Erosion of Barren Earth Reply with quote

Despite this album being released by Osmose I don't really see much of a mention of this band (Odem Arcarum) anywhere, which is a real shame. Their newest is hands down stunning. Captivating right up until the end and requiring complete attention, I really can't see a flaw in the album. I know the comparison is thrown around a lot from where I have read reviews of the band, but their resemblance to mid-era (perhaps earlier as well) Emperor is uncanny, though they still have enough originality to pull off a sound that's more of a unique footprint than a carbon copy of anything any band has done before.

Just a heads up to those that haven't heard these guys before, really. Members from Lunar Aurora and Secrets of the Moon provides for a fruitful expectation of the music at the very least, and I'm pretty confident that their sound will live up to the expectations for those of you that haven't yet heard this band.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-n2w9AN7I0M (my personal favourite track from the album)
swearengen

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*nods approvingly*

but i wouldn't buy it.
Hobophobic

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fucking stunning album. some of the most beautiful and sorrowful riffs from any modern black metal band are on that album. i was waiting and waiting for osmose to make a vinyl version of it, but the band says it probably won't happen. finally bought the digipak from paragon records for 5$ though Smile good purchase, as it has been in steady rotation since i bought it a few months ago.

holy ghost wrote:

So basically... who gives a cats whiskers?
AmaLurra

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobophobic wrote:
fucking stunning album. some of the most beautiful and sorrowful riffs from any modern black metal band are on that album. i was waiting and waiting for osmose to make a vinyl version of it, but the band says it probably won't happen. finally bought the digipak from paragon records for 5$ though Smile good purchase, as it has been in steady rotation since i bought it a few months ago.

The opening riff in Loss is out of this world. How the fuck does someone actually come up with such a riff? Never been so dazed by an album on the first listen (discounting albums like Pain Amplifier and Epic by Mythos and Borknagar respectively). The music really does draw me in and I just find myself always spotting new things with each listen. Complexity done right, I'd say. And despite the lengths of the tracks the music is very much to the point; there's no dilly-dallying on a specific aspect. Perhaps this sounds odd, but I find the music very succinct (despite the loooong tracks - they really don't feel like so).

Shame about no extra interest in the album from Osmose. Don't know what planet the guy is on but this album deserves a lot more attention from both Osmose and the underground in general.
into the pit

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:39 am    Post subject: Re: Outrageous Reverie Above the Erosion of Barren Earth Reply with quote

AmaLurra wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-n2w9AN7I0M (my personal favourite track from the album)

boring song. didn't make it past 4 mins.
AmaLurra

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really? I'm surprised. The more avantgarde stuff is very acquired, though this is one of the better bands of that specific strain of black metal.
Dalihrob

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is really a good album but the weird thing is that when listening to it I'm always stoked as hell about it and the next day I forget about the band.
blewcheer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just checked out a few tracks, didn't like it. I expected to given the description, but I thought it was just boring modern-day black metal.
Cross of Donar

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good stuff, have their demotape in stock but haven't sold one copy since I got them years ago hehe.
thus

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This CD deserves more attention than it gets. A meticulously crafted and imaginative (in a good way) album that takes a few listens to get into, and needs to be listened to in full, not individual songs. German "modern" bm actually worth listening to.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: