P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

New Disma
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 25, 26, 27  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Acid Orgy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrimorthPaleblood wrote:

Acid Orgy wrote:
Label asked the band to dump Pillard otherwise no more contract for Disma. Pillard accepted it and didn't make any drama saying "I understand it".

The guy who runs Profound Lore is a very big fan of Pillard, so I doubt that.

I was told that by Pillard himself. He didn't make the name of the label though, so I'm not sure if he referred to Profound Lore or maybe a new label.
K.D.S.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It had to have been Profound Lore, no doubt about it. The label most likely figured they could get away with having Disma on their roster as long as they were able to stick to the story of Craig 'having distanced himself from his past after seeing the errors of his ways', but resurrecting SturmfŁhrer to perform at Hot Shower pretty much made that an impossible stance to maintain if you wish to remain neutral and avoid further bullshit.

I mean, for a lot of labels it is about money first and foremost and in this day and age (internet doxxing, anonymous trolling) it would definitely hurt sales if Kim Kelly / Noisey / Metalsucks / Blabbermouth and what not saw this as another opportunity to target Profound Lore by calling for a label boycot.
DTBRex

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, calling for any boycott whatsoever, in the age of internet, has become such an empty and futile threat... do not buy from this label, do not listen to that band, ad nauseam, but nobody cares and quite to the contrary, many people will rather try to get hold of the "forbidden fruit" instead of avoiding it.

If anyone in this scene feels intimidated by somone calling for a "boycott" he's a plain moron, period. Kim Kelly throwing a tantrum and calling you names in Noisey, so what?

You can be a hardcore racist and antisemite and still have your records and merchandise sold thru one of the biggest vendors in Metal there is, or you can play at Hot Shower and Asgardsrei and still be invited to play at Steelfest too. Boycotts are just not for real, and internet blogs run by hebe hipsters calling for boycotts must not be taken seriously, either.

I dare anyone to show me just one fucking example, from the last five years at least, where a boycott did actually work out and managed to break a label / band / publication, etc.pp., because there simply ain't any that come to my mind and I speak from personal experience.
Solitary Elitism: www.darker-than-black.com
K.D.S.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DTBRex wrote:
Well, calling for any boycott whatsoever, in the age of internet, has become such an empty and futile threat... do not buy from this label, do not listen to that band, ad nauseam, but nobody cares and quite to the contrary, many people will rather try to get hold of the "forbidden fruit" instead of avoiding it.

If anyone in this scene feels intimidated by somone calling for a "boycott" he's a plain moron, period. Kim Kelly throwing a tantrum and calling you names in Noisey, so what?

You can be a hardcore racist and antisemite and still have your records and merchandise sold thru one of the biggest vendors in Metal there is, or you can play at Hot Shower and Asgardsrei and still be invited to play at Steelfest too. Boycotts are just not for real, and internet blogs run by hebe hipsters calling for boycotts must not be taken seriously, either.

I get it and I totally agree and most of the time internet boycots are not worth the time and effort, but on the other hand I can't really blame anyone for not wanting to risk his business / livelihood / main source of income either (which I presume is definitely the case with Profound Lore).

Personally speaking I have no problem with Disma / Pillard, by the way.

DTBRex wrote:
I dare everyone to show me just one fucking example, from the last five years at least, where a boycott did actually work out and manage to break a label / band / publication, etc.pp., because there simply ain't any that come to my mind and I speak from personal experience.

Well, how about Behold Barbarity?
DTBRex

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

K.D.S. wrote:

I don't think this label went down due to any attempts at boycotting it / keeping people from ordering from it, though.
Solitary Elitism: www.darker-than-black.com
Ough

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DTBRex wrote:
K.D.S. wrote:

I don't think this label went down due to any attempts at boycotting it / keeping people from ordering from it, though.

It soon could be an issue with PayPal and CC companies though, as we've seen they aren't going to require much evidence.
K.D.S.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DTBRex wrote:
K.D.S. wrote:

Really? If I recall correctly the guy was literally fired from a job at a respectable law firm that earned him a six figure paycheck right after some garbage blogs decided to 'expose' him for selling certain merch and records. I mean, the company issued a statement along the lines of 'Mr. Behold Barbarity is no longer employed by us after this and that information regarding his extracurricular activities came to light, effective immediately' and a local TV crew even showed up at the guy's house trying to film some sensational 'Law Firm Big Shot EXPOSED Selling Evil Nazi Music On The Internet!!!' news piece. I'd assume the label did went down as a direct result because he suddenly found himself in a situation where he needed to prioritize things radically different.

Did some digging and I can provide you with a link to the news article that pretty much sparked it but I'm hesitant to post it here in public since it states his full name and most recent employer. I know most people probably already know this, but I'd rather not further contribute by publicly sharing this, but feel free to shoot me a PM if you want to read it though.

As Ough said, a little online hysteria can cause significant problems within a short span of time, as we've seen recently.
maco097

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh nice, the guy at least managed to find a new job.
deveneror

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paypal ending contracts just because a distro or label sells some "questionable" material (despite Paypal never claiming this to be the reason) is another effect of the antifa harassment. That wasn't the case on Elegy records as well?
GrimorthPaleblood

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deveneror wrote:
Paypal ending contracts just because a distro or label sells some "questionable" material (despite Paypal never claiming this to be the reason) is another effect of the antifa harassment. That wasn't the case on Elegy records as well?

Wasn't that due to a law enforcement from the Department Of Justice or something akin to that? Besides the fact I'm not from the US, so I can't really tell for sure, I don't think it involved Antifa in any way, I don't see how that bunch of lazy drunktards and hooligans could go on to do such things.

Elfen - "To Eldamar From Minas Morgul" MC

Corvus Neblus - "Strahd's Possession: Chapter I & II" MCs

Myrkwid - "An Illusion" CDr

PM me for a wider WANTLIST!
Warfare Noise

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one really knows the mechanisms of the paypal bans but it seems to be there might be a "being reported" component. I agree antifa largely seem mentally challenged but even my Alzheimers afflicted great Aunt could fire off an email up to the bitter end. One thing that is certain is that one of the most recent American labels banned without warning was not a publisher of any political metal but just had some small percent of the distro stock that could be considered questionable. So if you think its only labels making right wing stuff, its not. Just buying or selling appears to be enough. Id wager that covers 99% of people using this forum... but keep mocking DTB, Elegy, etc and assuming you won't be in the same boat soon.

I thought i'd seen just about every disappointing new low in my time in BM. 20 years ago I couldn't have imagined the Lords of Chaos movie or BM fast food commercials but makes some sense now, 90s kids grow up and get marketing jobs... but, this last year or so where people within the culture celebrate limits being imposed on what would be acceptable content in BM... even I could not have imagined. It's totally antithetical to left hand path traditions and really a shock that some people want externally imposed rules, safety, normalcy...

Last edited by Warfare Noise on Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rotten Relics Records

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DTBRex wrote:
I dare anyone to show me just one fucking example, from the last five years at least, where a boycott did actually work out and managed to break a label / band / publication, etc.pp., because there simply ain't any that come to my mind and I speak from personal experience.

Ascension Monuments Media comes to mind..
Warfare Noise

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People arenít using boycott correctly and itís making this conversation difficult. Iím not trying to be pedantic but the misuse is creating confusion.

Metal blogs telling people to voluntarily abstain from listening to Disma is a boycott. Financial institutions removing a labels ability to sell albums is not.

AMM situation is correct use of removal from the platform as heís using it to commit fraud. Thatís not a boycott.

So Hendrik is probably correct here in that people calling for others to abstain from buying NSBM isnít putting anyone out of business.
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rotten Relics Records wrote:
DTBRex wrote:

Ascension Monuments Media comes to mind..

Um, people still order from blake the flake though dude... it never ends, so maybe not exactly the best example at all Laughing
bearsbearsbears

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrimorthPaleblood wrote:
deveneror wrote:

Wasn't that due to a law enforcement from the Department Of Justice or something akin to that? Besides the fact I'm not from the US, so I can't really tell for sure, I don't think it involved Antifa in any way, I don't see how that bunch of lazy drunktards and hooligans could go on to do such things.

It most certainly has nothing to do with the US gov't or the DoJ and honestly probably didn't directly involve Antifa either. PayPal are a private entity, so they're technically able to decide who's allowed to use their service without worrying about 1st amendment rights violations. It does however serve as a great example of how Antifa's politics pretty much perfectly reflect major corporation HR policies, though... Laughing

Check out my sale-thread HERE! (Updated 4/27/19)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 26 of 27

Jump to: