P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

the postal system just gets worse and worse..
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Astaroth

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grief wrote:
Not a metal purchase but something i'm dealing with now:

I sold an item for £600, was paid via paypal and shipped insured/tracked to China via Royal Mail at the end of August. The tracking never got further than arriving in international mail hub here in the UK.

End of Sept purchaser quite rightly put in a PP claim.

End of Oct PP decided in buyer's favour and took £600 from my account. I then put in an insurance claim with Royal Mail (who only insure for value you pay for item, not value you sold at).

After a series of delaying letters Royal Mail finally paid up at the end of April and a cheque for £400 was received. However, to get the cheque you first have to sign to say that you will give the money back if the item is ever found/delivered.

Last week I get a letter from RM saying they confirmed item was delivered at end of November and they want their £400 back. No apology, no compensation for the delay and no liability (so they say) for my consequential loss.

I gave PP a call and was told nothing they can do. Currently escalating things with PP but have a feeling this may end in legal action...

That's fucked.
lordoftherim

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

El Feroce wrote:
Astaroth wrote:
minge-eater wrote:
Hells headbangers are more reliable that italian post

Case closed.

In circa 25 years of metal, I've never received a crushed Lp like this.
Really sorry for yours man Sad

bummer to hear about your HHR experience! they are 100% reliable though. its testimonies like this which lead me to require all Italian buyers to do registered shipping ONLY. its expensive and unfortunate, but not as bad as a complete loss on both ends due to Italian posts piss poor service (possible conspiracy? hahaha)

also, I gave it away because it was too painful to look at, but I received a copy of Sarcofago- Rotting in this EXACT same condition some 4 years ago from a guy in Portugal. it actually broke into 3 pieces, with the smallest portion broken into a spike formation. I should have mailed the spike back to the seller and told him to use it on himself after the absolute pathetic packing job he had done. record slid into a pathetic cardstock flexi mailer and a little bubble wrap (for good measures?)
El Feroce

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And finally, it comes to me. After circa 60 days, I've got my Entombed 7"ep.

Conspiracy or not, I no longer buy in an american mailorder, but this is not for the mailorder himself, cause of the postal service between U.S. and Italy. The same thing for Canada and Australia. Mad
MetalManiaxe

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grief wrote:

I sold an item for £600, was paid via paypal and shipped insured/tracked to China via Royal Mail at the end of August. The tracking never got further than arriving in international mail hub here in the UK.

End of Oct PP decided in buyer's favour and took £600 from my account. I then put in an insurance claim with Royal Mail (who only insure for value you pay for item, not value you sold at).

After a series of delaying letters Royal Mail finally paid up at the end of April and a cheque for £400 was received. However, to get the cheque you first have to sign to say that you will give the money back if the item is ever found/delivered.

Last week I get a letter from RM saying they confirmed item was delivered at end of November and they want their £400 back. No apology, no compensation for the delay and no liability (so they say) for my consequential loss.

I gave PP a call and was told nothing they can do. Currently escalating things with PP but have a feeling this may end in legal action...

How the fuck does this even make any sense the bunch of cunts! Good luck!

From a friends facebook update last week:
"Courier delivered bass this morning. Boss signed for it even after I told him I need to check it before the driver leaves, so come and get me if it arrives, don't let them leave. Guess what happens? half an hour later, find out the package has arrived, paid no attention to anything I said. End result, package has been signed for, has turned up damaged. Even though it was insured, courier is refusing to do anything about it because it was signed for upon delivery. Guess who is out a nice vintage bass?"

Total bullshit.
lordoftherim

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

too many photos to contribute, but I can say will all certainty that ALL packages received in the past month or so, coming through the "hands" of USPS, have received varied degrees of cover damage EXCEPT my orders from HHR using their specific mailers... I have not received anything else lately that was double boxed, but aside from HHR mailers (and maybe these crazy ones sound stage direct has specifically) it seems no single box mailer is fit for the task anymore. this is getting ridiculous!

after I finished vacation I made a MAJOR smart move and dodged a bullet by using my carry on backpack to carry home RECORDS ONLY (and safely at that) while opting to ship my soft durable clothes that no longer fit in a large priority mailer instead... well (long story short) my paranoia turned out to have good reason as my package of clothing arrived today totally fucking crushed. thankfully it was a worm out pair of sneakers, couple pairs of jeans, socks and some shirts. if it were the other way around, im sure I would have received 15+ damaged records instead

I wish more sellers around the world (and domestically too of course) would start paying attention, get hip to this phenom, and start taking more measures to protect against USPS handling. small measure I have taken recently is to add additional custom cut out corner protectors to my bags unlimited style mailers (which apparently even brand new ones do not cut it anymore) and I must say now, europeans GTFO with these flimsy folding envelope style mailers... I don't know if your US customers ever give you feedback about these or not, but MOST times you can count on your record being fucked by the time it reaches the US in these crap mailers

and on that note, I will end this rant/testimony. hopefully sellers begin to take note and start to take further measures to ensure items are received with no damages. that or just wholesale shitloads of HHR mailers if you dont want to double box, etc etc, as these seem to be the only single mailer that truly works.

yours truly,

concerned citizen who has wasted LOTS of money on beat up albums recently
Ximénes de Cisneros

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lordoftherim wrote:
small measure I have taken recently is to add additional custom cut out corner protectors to my bags unlimited style mailers (which apparently even brand new ones do not cut it anymore) and I must say now, europeans GTFO with these flimsy folding envelope style mailers... I don't know if your US customers ever give you feedback about these or not, but MOST times you can count on your record being fucked by the time it reaches the US in these crap mailers

Yep, I recently unloaded a bunch of LPs on eBay. I ran out of those HHR mailers pretty quick and couldn't be fucked to order more, especially with all the old cardboard boxes I had lying around. To make them a little less fragile, I would cut out four small cardboard strips for each package, wrap one around each corner of the LP with a centimeter or two protruding from the jacket edges, then give the whole thing an added layer of bubble wrap before boxing it all up together. It seemed to work great -buyers' feedback was immense- but it took FOREVER.

Agreed on those envelope mailers too. I seem to get them from the UK more often than anywhere else, with Germany a close second(HHO/HRR being one notable exception).
blodhemn9

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lordoftherim wrote:

after I finished vacation I made a MAJOR smart move and dodged a bullet by using my carry on backpack to carry home RECORDS ONLY

I don't even risk the back pack method when flying with records... I just get one of those reusable grocery bags made of cloth or whatever and carry them on like that. The airlines consider this a 'personal item' (like how women can have a carry on and a purse as well ), and allow you to carry it on in addition to a back pack without being charged any extra fees.
lordoftherim

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blodhemn9 wrote:
lordoftherim wrote:

after I finished vacation I made a MAJOR smart move and dodged a bullet by using my carry on backpack to carry home RECORDS ONLY

I don't even risk the back pack method when flying with records... I just get one of those reusable grocery bags made of cloth or whatever and carry them on like that. The airlines consider this a 'personal item' (like how women can have a carry on and a purse as well ), and allow you to carry it on in addition to a back pack without being charged any extra fees.

nice tip! well luckily I didnt catch any flak for the backpack... what I did was buy about 4 brand new mailers during said shopping excursions, then just spread the lot through the 4 mailers and crammed in my backpack. all in all it worked out good. I mainly bought the mailers for corner protection while I am hiking around during long ass layovers in Chicago. it was definitely a tight fit, but worked out. I might have to consider the reusable grocery bag in the future, though I have to imagine contents would shift around like crazy during flight. either way, neither compare in size to some of the roller luggage I saw people being allowed to cram in the overhead (which I also had to give people shit for, especially when a dude tried to cram his questionably large luggage right on top of my backpack which I intentionally tried to cram as far to the side as possible to prevent this) IDIOTS!

btw, best score of the trip was NON- Blood & Flame VG+ (I would say) for only $7. most other "scores" I paid accordingly for... the most rewarding listen of scores has been Iggy Pop & James Williamson- Kill City LP (on green) that was VG+++ and about $15. needless to say, its been on heavy/constant rotation since getting home. FTW!
Somberlain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are planning to buy some records on your travels nothing beats this one

I move around with a motorcycle so it was mandatory for me, it really is a lifesaver (and also pretty cheap)
lordoftherim

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ very nice, tell me fellow Z rider, who produces this as I cant quite read the label on my tiny screen? looks ideal for carrying stuff on motorcycle, scooter, bicycle or even on a long agro day of hiking around cities
blodhemn9

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lordoftherim wrote:

though I have to imagine contents would shift around like crazy during flight.

I've always laid them flat in the overhead bin, then I put my backpack and my wifes little carry on suitcase on top to hold it in position as securely as possible. Never had a problem thus far...fingers crossed for future trips!
moonan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grief wrote:

That's really shitty. What ended up happening with this if you don't mind me asking?

Also how do post offices determine the value of something how did they decide to only give you 400 instead of the 600?
Descension

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blodhemn9 wrote:
lordoftherim wrote:

This! Never had a problem before. I've always just kept the bag with me and none of the flight attendants have ever said anything, at any rate. Just bring a large LP mailer that fits as many as you need and place them in the mailer in the bag.
Somberlain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lordoftherim wrote:
^^ very nice, tell me fellow Z rider, who produces this as I cant quite read the label on my tiny screen? looks ideal for carrying stuff on motorcycle, scooter, bicycle or even on a long agro day of hiking around cities

Z club forever haha! Thats not the one i have i just found a photo in the net. I got mine through protected.de and it only costs 9.90euros. I have had it for about 2 years now and have carried a shitload of records so far without any problem.
Sadly i cant get a working link from their website but if you go there and click the Lp tab under products its on the second page "LP Record Bag Black".
Also since their site doesnt have an option for english language opening it with google chrome really helps as it has the option to translate the whole page for you!
Bestial Aggressor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:44 am    Post subject: 'Unclaimed' package... Reply with quote

Wondered if you guys had any similar bullshit:

I recently sent a Mystifier LP to Brazil (ironic, huh!?), insured and tracked of course. I just received this email from the guy on the other end:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I was at home last saturday and, for my surprise, this message appears on track & trace...

"A delivery was attempted for your item with reference LY676662646GB in BRAZIL before 13:27 on 01/09/12.
If redelivery or collection is unsuccessful, the item will be returned to the UK"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I asked if they left him any redelivery date or local post office he could go to pick it up. Apparently no information whatsoever.

Beginning to get worried now...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11

Jump to: