P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Lets talk turntables.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 82, 83, 84  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Too Dark Park

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Audio Technica ATLP120BKUSB DirectDrive Professional Turntable Vs Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB Turntable.

Same price range around here what would you go for?
MrGoatimus

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too Dark Park wrote:
Audio Technica ATLP120BKUSB DirectDrive Professional Turntable Vs Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB Turntable.

The one without the shitty built in phono pre-amp.
Too Dark Park

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrGoatimus wrote:
Too Dark Park wrote:

The one without the shitty built in phono pre-amp.

You can turn that off if you want to.
nikosV.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any suggestions for a cartridge? I own a Debut carbon turntable with a OM10 cartridge. Budget for the cartridge about 2000kr (200 more or less).
TEKWRX

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nikosV. wrote:
Any suggestions for a cartridge? I own a Debut carbon turntable with a OM10 cartridge. Budget for the cartridge about 2000kr (200 more or less).

I have the Nagaoka MP-110 and it's pretty great for a budget cartridge. Read some reviews, you'll see it is highly regarded for hard rock/metal.
morfumax

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was on the fence between the Nagaoka MP110 and the Ortofon Blue, and went with the Blue. Glad I did. At first I almost regretted getting the Blue, as it was extraordinarily harsh in the mids and highs, but after a couple of weeks it really broke in, and everything is smooth and crystal clear. And the bass is solid and present.

13 wrote:
what
gordeth

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TEKWRX wrote:
nikosV. wrote:

I have the Nagaoka MP-110 and it's pretty great for a budget cartridge. Read some reviews, you'll see it is highly regarded for hard rock/metal.

I also upgraded to the MP-110 from a OM10 on a Debut carbon and it was a huge improvement.
S.H.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nikosV. wrote:

I have Debut Carbon and replaced old Ortofon 2M Red with Blue one and I def recommend the Blue one. It's something like 170 or so, at least here. I got it on friday but played several albums during the weekend and I think it was worth the price.
xavierhadise

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For some reason a lot of my records skip when I play them on my AudioTechnica ATLP120; it's not the case when I use my Project, so it's not an issue with the records.

I checked the level of the turntable, the antiskating and adjusted the counterweight... everything seems to be OK (it's a 6 months old needle/turntable). Some of you had this problem too? Could it be that the needle is damaged?

Is it really complicated to connect a new element to the headshell? It looks easy, but when I read the 'how to' on the internet, I'm starting to worry a bit....
lemegethon

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xavierhadise wrote:
For some reason a lot of my records skip when I play them on my AudioTechnica ATLP120; it's not the case when I use my Project, so it's not an issue with the records.

I checked the level of the turntable, the antiskating and adjusted the counterweight... everything seems to be OK (it's a 6 months old needle/turntable). Some of you had this problem too? Could it be that the needle is damaged?

Is it really complicated to connect a new element to the headshell? It looks easy, but when I read the 'how to' on the internet, I'm starting to worry a bit....

The anti-skating mechanism on that thing doesn't work. Maybe that's the issue. Connecting a cartridge is easy. Just 2 screws.
doomedplanet

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My new "old" cartridge is the Koetsu Black on the right, in the retippers hands right now. I've wanted one of these for years now but they are a bit tough to find. This appears to be from the era when Yoshiaki Sugano still was making them, you can tell it is old by the serial number and also the patina of age.

and here it is with new Tombstone stylus going on the boron cantilever:

and another view of the stylus:

blodhemn9

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nikosV. wrote:

I'm using a Grado Green (less that $100) and it was a massive improvement over the Ortofon that came with my Debut III. Really tightened up the bass and gave it some extra drive.
Jorm

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nikosV. wrote:

Nagaoka MP110 seems to be a good choice. I changed my Ortofon OM10 stylus recently, but I'll try this one as soon as the stylus will die. From what I've read online, less inner groove distortion and more precision on low frequencies. Other choices might be Sumiko Pearl and Grado Prestige Silver or Gold.
frostjunkie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are there any mid-grade EP sized players?
I've seen those suitcase ones and crappy looking plastic ones but a nicer looking one would be neat.
JustCallMeBill

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using a Reloop 6000 MK6 is my main deck hooked to my amp but upstairs where the bulk of my collection is stored I've got a Vestax Cube set up with KRK Rokit 5's. Use an Okki Nokki RCM for the grubby / pre-owned purchases, works far better than a little spray & an anti stat brush

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 82, 83, 84  Next
Page 83 of 84

Jump to: