P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Lets talk turntables.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 47, 48, 49  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
probert

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Albominator wrote:
Where can I get some Tr00 slipmats, comrades? I'm bored of the generic Stanton slipmat which comes with my TT.

By the way, I use a cheap, but reliable and Die Hard Stanton turntable! Connected to an old Sony Music System from 1977.

just seach for "anti-static slipmat". theyre in the 12-20 dollar range.
++Road HOG++

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

probert wrote:
Psicoterror wrote:
probert wrote:

That specific cartridge was designed exclusively for DJ's and scratching. Therefore, it doesn't offer a good soundquality. Get an audiophile Shure M97XE instead.

i dj and scratch and the sound quality on this cartridge is amazing. the best ive ever heard. got an amazing low end. i know many other people who use this cartridge exclusively for listening.

tell me why a cartridge designed for DJs wouldnt have good sound quality? this is performance grade made for huge systems and speakers and also pounds the shit out of headphones for personal listening.

Man, I'm using a Stanton 500 V3 and I think I'm missing out on some killer sounds because of it. I wanna upgrade to one of these Shures - the m 44 7 seems like a good start, but the m97XE is only a couple bucks more...

Has anyone checked out these laser record players from Japan?

7 - 14 Gs for one of these! Can't even imagine how great this would sound through a nice old tuner. The website is an interesting read:
elpj.com
probert

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

++Road HOG++ wrote:
probert wrote:
Psicoterror wrote:
probert wrote:

That specific cartridge was designed exclusively for DJ's and scratching. Therefore, it doesn't offer a good soundquality. Get an audiophile Shure M97XE instead.

i dj and scratch and the sound quality on this cartridge is amazing. the best ive ever heard. got an amazing low end. i know many other people who use this cartridge exclusively for listening.

tell me why a cartridge designed for DJs wouldnt have good sound quality? this is performance grade made for huge systems and speakers and also pounds the shit out of headphones for personal listening.

Man, I'm using a Stanton 500 V3 and I think I'm missing out on some killer sounds because of it. I wanna upgrade to one of these Shures - the m 44 7 seems like a good start, but the m97XE is only a couple bucks more...

Has anyone checked out these laser record players from Japan?

7 - 14 Gs for one of these! Can't even imagine how great this would sound through a nice old tuner. The website is an interesting read:
elpj.com

im sure either would do the job. i chose the m447 because i do djing and scratching and it is amazing for not hopping grooves. that shit stays put. you can backspin as fast as you want and it will not move.. unless its some old worn out record.. but even then.

edit: re: the laser players.. that elp company has been around online FOREVER but ive never heard from anyone who has had one or experienced one.. on the site a long ass time ago they used to offer to record some of your personal records to show you the sound.. a friend of mine wrote them but they wanted all these details about his income, what he'd be using the table for.. etc
Descension

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Psicoterror wrote:
probert wrote:

Irrelevant.

GB, decent carts start from $50, to $600. What do you have in mind? Tone arms also affect frequency range. And if you're super anal, different types of slip-mats are available for specific types of vibration absorption, etc.

The ELP players only play black vinyl, by the way.
probert

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GB?

funny about the elp player only playing black..
++Road HOG++

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

probert wrote:
GB?

Probably gets confused staring through to the other side of the record? Still want one!
probert

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

++Road HOG++ wrote:
probert wrote:
GB?

Probably gets confused staring through to the other side of the record? Still want one!

id like one but not for more than 500 dollars.

plus it wont play my super elite goatmoon splatter with the better songs.
Descension

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

probert wrote:
GB?

GoldenBull. Just too lazy to spell it out, I guess.

Kind of pathetic that they only play black, I know. But it makes sense. The laser won't reflect properly? Or just go through clear vinyl? I don't know.
++Road HOG++

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the ELP price is way too much for us with regular jobs. When I find a used one for cheap (yeah right) I'll report back on it.

Now leaving to go see Midnight, hope they will slay as usual!!
probert

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh i didnt get that you were addressing someone.

i wonder if you could just sharpie the whole record black. Laughing

honestly im pretty surprised no one has come out with a budget version of the laser player.
Heirophant.326.AV

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I upgraded from one of those shitty Optimus automatics to a Debut III at the end of last year. Absolutely blows it out of the water. The only thing thats a hassle is changing speeds. for the price tag I 100% recommend this turntable.
Chit019

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2K4hHe0nZE

Here's a laser turtable, the guy has an insane set up too.
Psicoterror

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

probert wrote:
Psicoterror wrote:
probert wrote:

I see your point, and let me tell you, that's what I originally thought before upgrading my old SHURE N91ED.
I wanted to buy either one of those shure intended for scratching and DJs because they offered durability (after all they're designed exclusively for scratching!). But after contacting the SHURE customer service and doing some research at the vinylengine forum where all the audio nerds dwell (sic), , I found out that they designed the M97XE exclusively for listening purposes, and obviously the needle has a lower mass and therefore a shorter lifetime than the rest of the needles they produce. They're also more expensive. Therefore, I prefered to pay a few more $. I'm not saying your cartridge is a bad choice, on the contrary if you're a DJ, but I would't use it exclusively for listening purposes.

Last edited by Psicoterror on Mon May 16, 2011 9:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
probert

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ill pick up the M97XE if i ever see one for cheap (i scored my m44-7 with headshell for 46 bucks on ebay brand new). ill put them both on identical tables with identical records and see how they sound. m44-7 just really does it for me all around especially since i cant afford an ultra expensive one. i also run through a regular DJ mixer, into a promixer so i have lots of EQ options.
jerry666

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

probert wrote:
ill pick up the M97XE if i ever see one for cheap (i scored my m44-7 with headshell for 46 bucks on ebay brand new). ill put them both on identical tables with identical records and see how they sound. m44-7 just really does it for me all around especially since i cant afford an ultra expensive one. i also run through a regular DJ mixer, into a promixer so i have lots of EQ options.
--they got the m97xe-stlus and cartridge on e-bay fer 85 dollars-not much difference though i am telling ya only nerds with 500 dollar headphones can tell a difference,lol m44-7 untill this and my spare croak!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
Page 3 of 49

Jump to: