P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

DECOLLATION (Liers in Wait/Grotesque) (Swe) CURSED LANDS LP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darksymphonies

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:48 am    Post subject: DECOLLATION (Liers in Wait/Grotesque) (Swe) CURSED LANDS LP Reply with quote

DECOLLATION (Liers in Wait / Grotesque) (Swe) CURSED LANDS Official Gatefold LP coming soon from THE CRYPT

After 5 long years, we are finally ready to to unleash for the first time ever on vinyl, the 1992 debut and only recording from Swedish Death metal super group DECOLLATION! An obscure gem of unorthodox Death metal featuring Kristian Wåhlin and Johan Österberg (Liers in Wait / Grotesque) as well as Thomas Johansson (Ceremonial Oath / Macabre End).

Decollation was a short­lived death metal band from Gothenburg, Sweden formed in early 1991 by schoolmates Johan (guitar / vocals), Thomas (bass) and Lars (drums). Soon after inception Niclas joined on keyboards adding a more ambient dimension to their blend of thrash­infused, Florida style death metal. After a couple of shows Lars was replaced by a friend of the band, Kristian.

In February 1992 the band entered Sunlight Studios with producer Tomas Skogsberg in order to record 4 songs. Shortly after the recording the band started dissolving. In the fall of 1992 Listenable Records picked up the Sunlight Studios recording, eventually releasing it on cd as “Cursed Lands” in June 1993.

This long overdue release will be presented in a sturdy 350 gram gatefold jacket featuring the original intended artwork from Kristian Wåhlin, with unpublished band photos and layout by Samual Durling who has work with the band members doing layouts for over 20 years.

Limited to 500 copies, 200 on classic black wax and 300 on colored wax.
Coming soon...
http://www.darksymphonies.com
Twitter: @darksymphonies

~ DARKAGEPRODUCTIONS ~ The New Home Of Tom Sullivan's The BOOK Of The DEAD
http://www.darkageproductions.com
peterott

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the most twisted, deranged, crazy and totally killer records ever.... together with the first At The Gates MLP.
El Feroce

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another useless repress for another useless band sniffed by nobody back in the day.

Rolling Eyes
eldera777

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

El Feroce wrote:
Another useless repress for another useless band sniffed by nobody back in the day.

Rolling Eyes

You find this release useless, the Gorguts demo box-set useless, but you praise the new Aborted album - did you by any chance are in the wrong forum ? Laughing

on topic : Great release TED - TOTAL SUPPORT !!!!!
El Feroce

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eldera777 wrote:
El Feroce wrote:

Rolling Eyes

You find this release useless, the Gorguts demo box-set useless, but you praise the new Aborted album - did you by any chance are in the wrong forum ? Laughing

And you can't do anything more interesting than to follow all my posts?

Sort of nerds, ha Wink
eldera777

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El Feroce wrote:
eldera777 wrote:
El Feroce wrote:

Rolling Eyes

And you can't do anything more interesting than to follow all my posts?

Sort of nerds, ha Wink

Just keep up amused.... Laughing
El Feroce

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eldera777 wrote:

No problem man Razz

To be serious, I don't even considered 'Cursed lands' a mandatory record. I'll buy it back in the day and sell it soon after cause of the very bad quality of their music and sounds (a reason of why they split there must be, no?).

I just want to say that there are a lot of other classic albums that really deserve to be reprinted instead of albums like these or demos from Gorguts (this one can also found in Metal Mind repress).

I'm thinking of gem like Decomposed (Uk), Revenant, Monstrosity, Loudblast, Seance, Blasphererion (Bel), first Cemetary (Swe), first Fleshcrawl and so on. Wink
eldera777

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El Feroce wrote:
eldera777 wrote:

No problem man Razz

To be serious, I don't even considered 'Cursed lands' a mandatory record. I'll buy it back in the day and sell it soon after cause of the very bad quality of their music and sounds (a reason of why they split there must be, no?).

I just want to say that there are a lot of other classic albums that really deserve to be reprinted instead of albums like these or demos from Gorguts (this one can also found in Metal Mind repress).

I'm thinking of gem like Decomposed (Uk), Revenant, Monstrosity, Loudblast, Seance, Blasphererion (Bel), first Cemetary (Swe), first Fleshcrawl and so on. Wink

I do hope you understand that i was just in a "teasing" mode, right ? And i completely agree that this is not the most essential recording to get a reissue - although i like it.
I wil add to your list "Pierced Within", "Erosion Of Sanity" and many more classics, but i think that all these are more difficult to get a reissue due to the copyright, licences etc...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: